“Better than expected”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It did take a rather long time to get a waitress to the table, but we noticed that although the place hasn't been updated, it's clean as a whistle. Also, the firemen eat here, so that's usually a good sign. The food was competent and the waitress was quite lovely in the end. It wasn't speedy like you'd expect for a diner, but nonetheless it was a good square meal at a more than fair price. Good diner food.

2  Thank Philip S

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Came here with my 3 year old son late on a Sunday morning. There were more cars in the parking lot than I remembered seeing here before, and the place was a little over 2/3 full. We got seated quickly, got our drinks and ordered in an acceptable amount of time. But after that it was a very long wait and unattentive staff for just average food. Nobody said another word to us or came to refill my coffee until close to 30 minutes after we sat down, and it was probably another 10-15 minutes afterward before we got our food. That's embarrassing for a diner. At least the food was edible and the price was fairly decent. Given the other mediocre reviews on here I suspect they're not used to any sort of crowd. Only a couple waitresses were moving around trying to do stuff, the rest were younger looking kids standing around behind the counter and zoning out. Unless you like long waits for average food, you might wanna skip this place.

1  Thank Rich B
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I am actually writing this review while still sitting in this place. First it took 10 mins to even be acknowledged after being seated by the hostess and get me coffee while sitting at the counter in only an avg sized crowd. Another 22 min for someone to even take my order. Another 10 mins to get a refill if coffee. After an 1hr wait, finally got my food. Eggs were okay. Hashbrowns were horribly bland and I get that I'm in a diner and my expectations should be adjusted accordingly, but these were simply not good at all! Bad service, long waits and substandard good, just a bad combo.

Seriously, don't waste ur time.

1  Thank jiml131
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went in for carry out for 3 turkey club, 2 with cheese- they forgot the cheese. bacon raw fries cold and they put a 20% tip on carry out without even telling me. $34.00 for 3 sandwiches. i would rather eat the burger king next door then to eat there again.

1  Thank Kathleen O
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were the last customers to eat here passing through the area last week when we stayed one night down the street. I had a tuna sandwich with pickle and cole slaw. The sandwich and pic were fine - slaw was cut in longish strips and was real saucy - did not enjoy that and I love slaw. My wife's salad was pretty stale and simple but her pork chop, potatoes and veg were ok. After that meal and into the next day, my stomach was a little tender. So overall would not be able to recommend.