“Nice and quiet”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Pittsburg, California
“Nice and quiet”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed because I had an early flight out of BWI and I didn't want to deal with traffic in the morning. It was very clean and quiet. Didn't get breakfast because I had to leave before it started. Room was very comfortable . Staff needs to give directions. Thank goodness I gave myself a lot of time because the directions he gave me were whacked.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank duhkluck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We decided to extend our stay for the seafood fest by arriving a day sooner than originally planned. We booked this hotel and it was a decent place to lay our heads.

The hotel staff was not pleasant at all. She was more concerned with her iPhone than us.

Being a Gold member only got us an additional 30 minutes after we had requested a late check out. They were also quick to call us after we exceeded that by a few minutes, telling us rudely that we were supposed to be checked out by now. Way to go the extra mile for your Gold members Sleep Inn.

The room was clean but two out of three washcloths were soiled. Totally disgusting. We had to use a hand towel to bathe. The breakfast was basic continental and was just okay.

This was a first of many trips we plan to take for the seafood fests in the area with friends, and we will be sure to let them all know to keep on driving by this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
NYC
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room is clean and check in was quick and easy. We had a small problem with the toilet (it wouldn't flush) but the manager came up and fixed it quickly. The room phone didn't ring through to the front desk so we had to go to the desk to complain. The refrigerator didn't work but we didn't both with that. The beds are comfortable, the room is quiet, and we slept well. Breakfast is typical - cereal, bagels, waffles. The coffee maker refill light was on and we asked the hostess to refill that but she said that there was still coffee in the machine. There was, but it was very weak and in need of new grounds.

All things considered I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sleep Inn M, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to Thank you for your recent review for our property here at the Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway.

We take the feedback we get from our guests very seriously. We do appreciate you for taking the time to do so. Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you may have encountered in the breakfast area with the coffee. We have since resolved the issue and we certainly hope to see you again in the near future. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the property.

Again, we thank you and appreciate you very much.

P (410) 799-7794
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I chose this place because of the reviews on here, and while it wasn't the hilton, it was ok, the room was mostly clean, the bathroom could use a little updating, the beds were comfortable, the air conditioner is in a bad position blowing directly on to the bed, breakfast was ehh but ok. I would stay here again if I needed to but wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take a moment to Thank you for the recent review on our property here at the Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway.

I am saddened to learn that during your stay, the hotel failed to exceed your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We do appreciate you as a guest, and would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay here with us. Please feel free to contact me directly if you may have any other concerns.
Hope to see you again in the near future.

P (410) 799-7794
Cromwell, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed 040914 one night. Very good value. No problems at all. Everything worked. Very clean. This Sleep Inn had fancier furnishings than the other Sleep Inn's in which we stayed on this trip - really quite nice. Breakfast ok. About midway between Baltimore and Washington DC. We would definitely stay again. Good staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sleep Inn M, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking our on line survey. We appreciate your business and the high rating that you provided us with.
We take the feedback that our guests give us very seriously. I am pleased to hear you expectations were met here at the Sleep Inn. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Thank you again.

P 410-799-7794
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had two recent stays at the Sleep Inn Jessup. Very pleasantly surprised the first time, prompting a repeat stay when back in the area.
Great value, very clean, extra amenities such as in room microwave and refrigerator, breakfast included, pool and exercise room.... all for a very reasonable price. Front desk staff so VERY accommodating and service oriented. This is a smaller and intimate property, very quiet.
I absolutely recommend this motel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jmchili
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I travel up here for work, and I will never stay anywhere else. The place is clean and the staff is super friendly . One time I left a really nice jacket there I called them and they send it to me. Most places would never do that. If you are in the area I would stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chadlebrun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South
Quality Inn near Ft Meade

Been to Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!