“Listen to the Reviews everyone ... Horrible place”
Review of Blob's Park - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Blob's Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Maryland
“Listen to the Reviews everyone ... Horrible place”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We went to Blob's Park because I bought a discount with Groupon to get two entree's and 2 beers for a reasonable price. I have never been there before and I do love German restaurants, so i thought why not try it. The place is in quite a sketchy location, and off the beaten path a little. I can tell that the rent must be super cheap, otherwise this place would have died a long time ago.

The guy at the door was very nice to us and gave us a few hints on where to sit, how to track down the waitresses, etc ... That night a polka band was playing and it was quite entertaining. We ordered our draft beers and mine was stale and my wife's was decent. Oce we ordered the food it was all downhill from there. The wait staff is VERY slow for the minimal crowd there tonight, but they were nice to us. Since we had such a SUPER long wait for our food I got to dance a little with my daughter and enjoy the hokey band a little bit. Once the food came it was by far the worst german food I have ever had. Everything was cold and tasteless. My wife got the bratwurst and it was cold all the way through! She told the waitress and she took it back ... she was quite mad at the kitchen. It came back and it was still cold inside!! Who are these people??? You cant grill a bratwurst and make it warm?? I choked down my weiner schnitzel, drank my second beer, and we got out as quickly as we could.

Do your self a favor ... Don't go to Blob' Park ... seriously. If you are dragged there for some reaosn, dont buy the draft beer!! It is awful. Just buy the decent secection of bottled beers they have. If you can avoid the place, go to Old Stein Inn instead of this dump.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Bob R

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Horrible”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

11/26/2011
Last night I arrived at about 6:30 for our reservation, which is when they open. The clueless but very nice lady charged me a $30 cover charge for a 10 year old. My wife and I were in town from Milwaukee for Thanksgiving and were we with my parents and my two younger brothers and their families. We had their Groupon deal and the cover was included.

They seated us right near the toilets and when we asked to move they sat us at the other end of this big room. It took a long time for the server to take our drink order and even longer to get our drinks. My Pilsner beer was room temperature. One would think a "beer garder" would know how to serve beer. Then we waited another long stint to place our orders. They of course were out of what I wanted, a Pork Shank.

During my wait I bought a nice looking shirt but I think the clueless but nice old lady pocketed the $10 because she didn't charge tax or give me a receipt a bag or anything as proof of the sale. I don't know if she is dishonest but she shouldn't be responsible for anything. I bet the IRS might be interested in how they handle cash.

Then after waiting a seriously long time for, I don't know maybe a beer garden might want to sell beer and take another order, but that was not the case. I went to the bar and got drinks for me and my two young daughters. It is about 8:15 and no sign of our food or ther server for that matter. I was thinking about ordering a pizza to find out who would serve us or notice us sooner.

At 8:40 I left and made sure I told the nice but clueless woman I was going out to dinner.

I only rated this dump a 1 star because I couldn't rate it lower. I will make sure to tell people in Milwaukee that see me wearing their shirt to avoid this place. I would suggest they get their act together or shut down again. Find out how to treat GUESTS IN YOUR ESTABLISHMENT.

I just found out that the food was cold when it came out. Hopefully, my family will seek a refund too.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Captnsteve262
Baltimore, Maryland
“This is the worst restaurant I have ever visited. Horrible is an understatement.”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I called to reserve a table and got a confirmation for 6 people.Had to wait in line anyway and just to find out they only had 2 seats for me. The hostess gave us someone else's table. After 40 minutes and multiple attempts to flagg down a waitress, a lady took our drink order. Another 15 minutes passed a second waitress stopped by and said "I know it sucks to wait,we are understaff.Nothing I can do I don't run the place".The second waitress wouldn't take our drink or food order because we had 'been waited on". She was rude and dismissed my elderly mother with a hand gesture. That was it - we left the place after wasting close to one hour of our saturday evening. We tried to complain but the person at the door did not care and would not refund us the cover charge. Terrible place.

• Visited October 2011
5 Thank m d
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Horribly Managed but something different to do”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Attended Oktoberfest on Sat 10/15/11 with family and friends, 10 of us in total all paying the $12 entrance fee. The event was horribly understaffed, there were about 3 bartenders and 6 waitresses for 700 people. Most of the draught beer ran out, some within 1 hour of the event begining. The buffett looked horrible and was never full, but had a line around the dance floor.

It was difficult to see the performers around the buffett line from the tables. I felt very bad for the staff, they looked very overworked. It took an hour to get a waitress to order food and then another hour to get the food which wasn't hot or that great.

the entertainment was good, it was something different to do on a sat night.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank Lauren B
Williamsburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love it......”
Reviewed 26 September 2010

When I heard that the Blob's Park was at the end of existance I was veery sad!! Now I just found out that is open again and I got very, very happy, I can't hardly wait to go back. I was 20 yrs. old the first time I went and now I am much older than that but this is a place where you can enjoy the music and people all night long and who ever is not happy with the food?? well there is not authentic food, no matter which place of the planet you are. Am very, exited about the place to be open.

1 Thank patzy49