“Music - not food!”

Blob's Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you are looking for a great German meal, follow the reviews of the unhappy and look elsewhere. If you are looking for some live music, great beer selection, awesome dance floor and peaceful ambience, this is a very unique place. It does cater to an older crowd but all people will feel comfortable here.

4  Thank Rick H

Reviewed 28 February 2013

A few cons. Quite hard to find; go with good directions. Service is sketchy; do not go starving or wanting a fast meal.
But so much in favor of the place. Go for fun live dance music (theme varies by date), huge wooden dance floor, sociable crowd of all ages (but 40s and 50s is typical), greasy good German food priced reasonably, large beer selection. I enjoy the German wursts and several kinds of schnitzel. Cabbage or kraut comes with everything, and I always ask for an alternate from the many good sides.

2  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Blob's Park is a gigantic beer garden type place, and the best thing about it is the live music, dancing, and great dance floor. If you are passing through the area and like to dance and want a unique experience, go here. It's like walking into a different era.

The food is German, but do not go there for the food because it is not good quality--no chef or anything like that...just employees throwing a sausage on the fryer and then on some white bread.
Most of the food seems like it's from Costco, but after all, you are not there for the food. I like good food, but if you are not that into the actual quality of your food, then this place will be fine for you if you like a limited sausagey type menu.

It's an older age group but if you like to dance, go at any age. Just call up and check the calendar and make sure there is music that night. sometmes they have it during the week too.

3  Thank NYRita2011
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Ok it is not haute cuisine to be sure. Our experience ( not our first) was, well, interesting. We went on a Sunday late afternoon, early evening. The food was as expected... Not fabulous but certainly nothing like many of the reviews here suggested. We went with the basics... Wurst and kraut and such and it was like what we' be had in many beirgartens on a Sunday afternoon. The band was lame, but hey we danced ...as did others old ( 60's and 70's) and young... Kids with extended family. You come here not for the ambience or glitz but rather for the outbreath. If high end fancy is your desire, stay away ... This is not date night material. But if you want a nice assortment of real German draft beers like what you had when you were there and a simple atmosphere with a tinge of vintage German Americana, then take it as it is and hoist one for me and my family. By the way it us kid friendly all the time.

4  Thank xandersmom1
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I went last night. The food was awful. It was all frozen, except maybe the salad. No spices on anything, it was all very bland. Instant potatoes--really?? There were two sets salt and pepper shakers for the entire restaurant. I went to the restroom after eating and it was the filthy. I was so disgusted that I left immediately afterwards, before the show that I had paid for even started.

1  Thank meddle2222