Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
US$113
US$214
US$157
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleangreat customer servicepets stay freemd locationthe entire staffgreat pricelow pricefriendly smilesuited our needsworking ordernothing fancymichellehousekeepermagreetslodgingbrittany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would like to thank every one in the hotel for the excellent service they represented in the hotel and especially the manager of the hotel ,that made it more easier for our stay . She was very knowledgable and friendly I hope her success

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have been staying in this current location of Jessup since the end of December for a contract I have in the area. Since my check in until now, Del my has been excellent in providing exceptional customer service. She has been extremely friendly, understanding, and has outstanding customer service skills.

Stayed: January 2014
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I’m sure that Delmy will be delighted to know that during your stay she was able to provide you with excellent customer service. We are also glad to hear that you are satisfied with your choice of our Red Roof Inn, while you finish out your contract. We look forward to providing many more satisfactory trips for you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

You need more people like Miss Evans representing your establishment. She is always pleasant. Always willing to do what is necessary to remedy a problem. Greets all customers with a smile. I actually thought she was a manager. She should be. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your comments. We have been working extremely hard to earn reviews such as yours, and we really do appreciate your feedback. Tiffany will be happy to hear that she made your stay a positive experience. I would like to say thank you once again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

The staff at Red Roof Inn is very friendly and helpful, the manager was a pleasure to chat with and the clerk is very helpful. It's always great to have a service with a smile which can be rare at hotels. The stay was also great, everything went smooth. Would recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn- Columbia-Forte Meade. I’m pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that our staff was able to accommodate you in a professional manner. We always enjoy receiving feedback from our guest and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Jessup MD property did NOT make me feel like a valued guest.

When we returned to the room on the second night our card key did not work. I went to the front desk to get a new card but had to wait 10 minutes because another guest (female) had been given a room already occupied by a man and was being "re-accommodated" . After being given a working card key we discovered that our room had not been cleaned nor did it have clean linen. I went back to the front desk and had to wait again while another guest was checking in. I suggested to the clerk that we simply move to a clean room. The clerk called the manager who refused to accommodate us. So we spent the night in the same room.

The next morning I checked out and the manager said "OK you're done". When I asked for a receipt and she said "it'll take a while". She then started opening her mail. I told her that I wasn't leaving without a receipt. Only then did she turn on the printer and print out a receipt.

Later I received the standard Red Roof e-mail survey and recounted my experience. In response I received a canned e-mail response from the area manager, expressing regret that I did not feel like a valued guest.

While I like Red Roof Inn I will never stay at the Jessup Inn again, even though I often travel to the D.C. area. It is obviously a management issue and obviously the area manager could not care less about the situation.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bert A

Thank you very much for your response, we would like to apologize that this was not taken care of before you left our hotel. Ideally, we wouldn’t have let you go home without a formal apology or some form of action for what took place. Your specific grievances have been noted for further improving the services we provide. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.