“Very Coveinient & Staff Friendly”

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Very Coveinient & Staff Friendly”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel, and i must say it i enjoyed my trip. The check in process was very quick. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, she went out her way to print out direction to help me find my way around the area. There was one smaller issue, the ice machine was down for a couple days which kind of sucked. however i appreciate the fact that i was notified before checking in, that way it was my choice whether to stay or not. All around i enjoyed my stay, and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you very much for your comments. We have been working extremely hard to earn reviews such as yours, and we really do appreciate your feedback. Our staff will be happy to hear that they made your stay a positive experience. I would like to say thank you once again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
North Kingstown, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Good- Great Location right off 95, quick drive south to DC and North to BWI. Room was renovated with newer furnishings.

THE BAD- This hotel is in a very rough neighborhood. We stayed for 2 days and felt uncomfortable right away. I knew it wasn't going to be good when the gas station down the street had 2 inch glass surrounding the clerk. There's a large truck stop across the street, and a prison a mile away, and The neighborhood behind he hotel is very rough. There are many "shady" characters hanging around this hotel. I couldn't figure out if they were staying here, or just hanging in and around the building and parking lot. A few of the people appeared to be casing the parking lot and peering into cars. On the second night, we arrived back at hotel around 1130pm. I noticed a large SUV parked just down from our door with a man inside who appeared to stare us down as we went into our room. Not 5 minutes after we locked the door, we heard a voice yell "HELP ME" just outside our room. I looked out the peep hole in our door and couldn't see anything, however the man in the SUV was still sitting there. INCREDIBLY FRIGHTENING.

The STAFF for this hotel isn't much better than the neighborhood. We checked in Friday night 4/11 around 7pm. The woman who checked us in was extremely rude, didn't have a uniform on ( Black Tshirt showing many tattoos and no name tag and black jeans) and hardly said a word to us. We were greeted with "Reservation?" followed by "ID", several minutes later, she slapped a "Contract" of some form on the counter to sign, tossed 2 room keys on the counter and said " 130, down the hall" and that was it. The room itself was OK. It was renovated with newer furnishings however it wasn't very clean; There were dust balls on the floor, something sticky on the hardwood floor and the shower curtain had a large stain and was wet. It appears they just changed the sheets and towels and moved onto the next room.

Due to the unsafe feeling, and very dirty room, I brought up a credit, or some type of refund when I Checked out. The response I got was aggressive and very rude; "You booked through Expedia, I cant help you with that" I questioned her system because I had actually booked through Hotels.com, and her response was " It doesn't matter, I am not them. I need your room keys and your all set " Unfortunately, Because of the Unsafe conditions of the neighborhood and the poor service, I am not satisfied with my stay and am still seeking some type of refund. I most definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Don't stay in Jessup PERIOD. Was told by a MD resident AFTER the fact tha...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor W
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your review of the hotel is a very important tool that we use to let us know how well we are servicing our guests. I see that that we did not live up to your expectation of what is required of a Red Roof Inn, for that I sincerely apologize. Since your stay, we are working very hard to take care of those issues. We do hope you give us another chance on your next travels, Thank you again.
Woburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I recently spent a very long week in this place on business travel 4/7-4/11/2014. Huge mistake!
A short drive from BWI, and convenient to 95, and Fort Meade. The only good things.
This hotel is not clean. The rooms are clean, but you will be overcome by the stench of cigarette smoke throughout the facility. The non smoking policy is an absolute joke, and false advertising. If you are a Professional traveling for business purposes absolutely do not stay in this place! The neighborhood looks like a ghetto, and you will worry about your safety given the "undesirables" hanging around the parking lot, and actually staying at this hotel. I have stayed at other Red Roofs in other parts of the country and this one is way, way below those standards. The two things I can't get over is the stench of cigarette smoke, and the undesirables hanging around the place. Good place to stay if you just got out of jail, or got booted from your half way house!!

Room Tip: The basic room does not have even a microwave, or small refridge. Rooms on the front side of the bui...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ZMANN2014
Thank you for submitting a review on your stay at our hotel. I must apologize for not meeting your needs. We have taken note of all issues you described and will ensure that these are resolved. Your comments are taken seriously and we will address each issue with urgency. Thank you very much for staying with us again, i am sure you will have a much different experience if you decide to stay with us again. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon on your next trip to the area.
new york,usa
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Upon checking in at 11pm on 2/26/2014,I was overcome by the stench of cigarette smoke.Called front desk who offered to change rooms.Did not want to change rooms because I was exhausted,and there were some "undesirables"hanging around the parking lot.Based on reading other reviews of this hotel,this seems to be an ongoing problem.Hotel general manager refused to issue full refund because"You did stay".Hotel manager agrees that room should NOT have been rented.This was the fault of housekeeping not informing management to flag the room for cleaning to remove smell.I want a FULL REFUND!

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your review of the hotel is a very important tool that we use to let us know how well we are servicing our guests. I see that that we did not live up to your expectation of what is required of a Red Roof Inn. I spoke with you by phone and expressed my sincere regret that you were unsatisfied during your stay, however I would like to apologize again. Since your stay, we are working very hard to take care of those issues. We do hope you give us another chance on your next travels, Thank you again
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

A short drive from BWI, this hotel is clean, inexpensive and convenient to 95. An early check-in allowed to a weary traveler was much appreciated. Coffee in the lobby left something to be desired. Nothing fancy but it served its purpose for a brief overnight stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for talking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback. The staff here works hard to provide our guests with clean rooms and great service. We are glad you enjoyed the coffee so much. Thank you for staying with us and please allow us the opportunity to serve you during your future travels to the Washington D.C/Baltimore area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was only there for a brief time but I had no complaints. It's in an ideal location. The front desk clerk was very. Ice which is always a plus. The room was clean and the price was right. It's near other hotels and places to eat. I95 is not far either.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would like to thank every one in the hotel for the excellent service they represented in the hotel and especially the manager of the hotel ,that made it more easier for our stay . She was very knowledgable and friendly I hope her success

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, we look forward to your next stay at Red Roof.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Quality Inn near Ft Meade

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!