“Not Disappointed”

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Jessup
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We like Red Roof Inns because of the pet friendly policy. This night I didn't have an opportunity to check on the reviews for this property before we checked in but we we're pleased with our stay.
Our room was very clean. It must have been newly renovated. It was also very quiet. The bathroom was spotless.
The only negative is one that is a pet peeve of mine with Red Roof Inns in general and that is the lack of any kind of breakfast. They offer coffee and tea. Other than that, nothing. Not even a newspaper.
Yes, we would stay there again if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: There are three levels to this property and it features outside corridors. If you need something on...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for submitting a review on your stay. Glad you found our newly renovated rooms to be clean. We surely enjoyed serving you. We are committed to pleasing our guests. Thank you again and hope to see you on your next trip to Maryland.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel is very misleading from their web site. The rooms are small, our room looked like someone had slept on the king bed when we arrived. The coffee maker was absolutely filthy with grease, dirt and grime on the water resovoir. The washcloth was black, literally when I tried to scrub the coffee maker oiff. There were only 2 small pillows on a King bed (and this was their "superior king room" and when I requested more, I was told that there were none as the hotel was full. Come on folks, this doesn't even begin to cover the bed! The front desk was secured like a fortress and when we went to check out the next morning, the door was locked and I had to wait at least 15 minutes for someone to show up while the guy who had been in the office the previous night chatted outside on his cell phone.

Room Tip: Stay at the nearby Holiday Inn, not here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Malstark

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your review of the hotel is a very important tool that we use to let us know how well we are servicing our guests. I see that that we did not live up to your expectation of what is required of a Red Roof Inn, for that I sincerely apologize. Since your stay, we are working very hard to take care of those issues. We do hope you give us another chance on your next travels, Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I reserved a room in January 2014 for a weekend getaway in April. The weekend in April came and my husband and I arrived at the Red Roof Inn at 3:15pm. Check in was at 3:00pm. We checked in and was told our room was not clean yet. They would call us when it was ready. They did not give us our room key at this time. We had a concert to go to and asked if someone would be here about midnight and we were assured everything would be ok. So we went to the concert and at 11:45pm arrived back at the Red roof inn and learned they had given our room away. There was no apology offered and no manager available until Monday. (It was Friday night). We went to our car very mad however I found a room at Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel because they will give your room away.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank can'tstop
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Customer,

I was very unhappy to hear that you had a problem with your reservations and stay our hotel. I was informed of the problems you were having, Saturday morning, and immediately tried to contact you, twice in your room and again, on the cell phone number you left for my Front desk person, but was unsuccessful, however, we did speak on Sunday, and I did offer you additional guest satisfaction options to try and make things right, I am very sorry that your experience at our property was not good this year.

I know you normally stay hear once a year for the concerts, and hope that you will return. We value you as a guest, and I hope that you can understand, that the mistakes that was made was not intentional, and we here are all truly sorry for all your inconvenience.

Management & Staff

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have stayed here many times for long periods of times and have always been treated like family the staff is great and very polite. I would recommend this place to anyone they are the best. and I am still here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn- Columbia-Forte Meade. I’m pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that our staff was able to accommodate you in a professional manner. We always enjoy receiving feedback from our guest and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel, and i must say it i enjoyed my trip. The check in process was very quick. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, she went out her way to print out direction to help me find my way around the area. There was one smaller issue, the ice machine was down for a couple days which kind of sucked. however i appreciate the fact that i was notified before checking in, that way it was my choice whether to stay or not. All around i enjoyed my stay, and would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your comments. We have been working extremely hard to earn reviews such as yours, and we really do appreciate your feedback. Our staff will be happy to hear that they made your stay a positive experience. I would like to say thank you once again for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Good- Great Location right off 95, quick drive south to DC and North to BWI. Room was renovated with newer furnishings.

THE BAD- This hotel is in a very rough neighborhood. We stayed for 2 days and felt uncomfortable right away. I knew it wasn't going to be good when the gas station down the street had 2 inch glass surrounding the clerk. There's a large truck stop across the street, and a prison a mile away, and The neighborhood behind he hotel is very rough. There are many "shady" characters hanging around this hotel. I couldn't figure out if they were staying here, or just hanging in and around the building and parking lot. A few of the people appeared to be casing the parking lot and peering into cars. On the second night, we arrived back at hotel around 1130pm. I noticed a large SUV parked just down from our door with a man inside who appeared to stare us down as we went into our room. Not 5 minutes after we locked the door, we heard a voice yell "HELP ME" just outside our room. I looked out the peep hole in our door and couldn't see anything, however the man in the SUV was still sitting there. INCREDIBLY FRIGHTENING.

The STAFF for this hotel isn't much better than the neighborhood. We checked in Friday night 4/11 around 7pm. The woman who checked us in was extremely rude, didn't have a uniform on ( Black Tshirt showing many tattoos and no name tag and black jeans) and hardly said a word to us. We were greeted with "Reservation?" followed by "ID", several minutes later, she slapped a "Contract" of some form on the counter to sign, tossed 2 room keys on the counter and said " 130, down the hall" and that was it. The room itself was OK. It was renovated with newer furnishings however it wasn't very clean; There were dust balls on the floor, something sticky on the hardwood floor and the shower curtain had a large stain and was wet. It appears they just changed the sheets and towels and moved onto the next room.

Due to the unsafe feeling, and very dirty room, I brought up a credit, or some type of refund when I Checked out. The response I got was aggressive and very rude; "You booked through Expedia, I cant help you with that" I questioned her system because I had actually booked through Hotels.com, and her response was " It doesn't matter, I am not them. I need your room keys and your all set " Unfortunately, Because of the Unsafe conditions of the neighborhood and the poor service, I am not satisfied with my stay and am still seeking some type of refund. I most definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Don't stay in Jessup PERIOD. Was told by a MD resident AFTER the fact tha...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor W
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I recently spent a very long week in this place on business travel 4/7-4/11/2014. Huge mistake!
A short drive from BWI, and convenient to 95, and Fort Meade. The only good things.
This hotel is not clean. The rooms are clean, but you will be overcome by the stench of cigarette smoke throughout the facility. The non smoking policy is an absolute joke, and false advertising. If you are a Professional traveling for business purposes absolutely do not stay in this place! The neighborhood looks like a ghetto, and you will worry about your safety given the "undesirables" hanging around the parking lot, and actually staying at this hotel. I have stayed at other Red Roofs in other parts of the country and this one is way, way below those standards. The two things I can't get over is the stench of cigarette smoke, and the undesirables hanging around the place. Good place to stay if you just got out of jail, or got booted from your half way house!!

Room Tip: The basic room does not have even a microwave, or small refridge. Rooms on the front side of the bui...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ZMANN2014

Thank you for submitting a review on your stay at our hotel. I must apologize for not meeting your needs. We have taken note of all issues you described and will ensure that these are resolved. Your comments are taken seriously and we will address each issue with urgency. Thank you very much for staying with us again, i am sure you will have a much different experience if you decide to stay with us again. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon on your next trip to the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia - Fort Meade
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BW Parkway
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Ramada BWI Airport/Arundel Mills
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!