“Poor Quality Dining”

Bonnie's at The Red Byrd
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The atmosphere was pleasing with the old diner feel. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. My issue comes with the quality and price of food. Everything we receiving was overdone. Onion rings, hamburger and pork barbeque was burnt. Since this restaurant mostly served easy to make finger food I was expecting much better quality food. I was surprise at the lack of portion size when receiving the plate. The pork barbeque was on a very small hamburger roll and side orders in an extremely small bowl.

The price for the food was too high when considering quality and portion size. The menu selection was very limited and small. Find another restaurant for better diner experience.

1  Thank A K

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been going here since I was 5 and I am now 28 I even stayed there when they still had the hotel rooms. Food over the years has changed often in the early 2000s four of my friends worked there and two were the cook lately I have gone and the food was great no longer get the friend discount because I know no one that works there but try the grilled cheeseburger it was great and so is breakfast

1  Thank Zane C
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stop in here each week at different times and always leave filled. Lots of foods on the menu and I have yet to find something that is bad.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Recently enjoyed dinner at Bonnie's before heading to the illumination ceremony at Antietam. Very nice place, very good food, seems like a locals favorite, which to me is the sign of a good meal to be had. I enjoyed the country ham sandwich platter w/ fries and applesauce. The sandwich was delicious, my wife enjoyed a 4 pc fried chicken dinner which was also excellent ( I helped her out on the eating part a little). Our waitress was very attentive and friendly and the meal was very reasonable in price. They also have an enormous dessert selection. I got and shared a slice of chocolate cake with peanut butter icing, it to was very good. I highly would recommend stopping by for a meal if your in the area,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Typical rural family restaurant. The nightly specials for weeknights tend to be the best options. You're not going to find something spectacular here, but you should find something you like.

2  Thank rwolfe257