“breakfast is king!”

Cuisines: American
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“breakfast is king!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

best for breakfast, omlettes are great@! Very inexpensive, large portions. The trick is get here before church lets out or you will be waiting for a table.

• Visited May 2014

Alexandria, Louisiana
“Called Bonnie's Red Byrd Cafe and it pleases but not blown away”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Red Byrd is a staple for lunch especially for those of us who visit the Antietam battlefield. It's a short drive away and a local place. It's not fast food and it's quick and filling. The selection was OK and the food good but not great. The service was prompt and helpful but not warm and welcoming. The prices were OK but not great. The local crowd still comes in and the look is not all that changed from years earlier. You will not be let down but we did not leave feeling like we had been to a great place. A big parking lot is there but seating would be limited for a large bus group.

• Visited May 2014
Mt airy
“Best Reuben and Crabcakes that I've had in years!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We visited Bonnie's at the red Byrd on a recent visit to the Antietam battlefield. We asked our tour guide at the battlefield for lunch suggestions and they recommend the Red Byrd. My husband and I were very pleased with their suggestion. As we walked in the door we were pleasantly greeted my employees and we loved the country atmosphere. Our server suggested the crab cakes as one of her favorites so that's what I chose to eat, my husband chose a lunch special of the Reuben and onion rings. I have to say that it was the best Crabcake sandwich that I've had in years! Lump crabmeat and no bread filling. The Reuben that my husband got was amazing, he actually still talks about it. We are planning another tour of the battlefield next weekend and we will definitely be back! Kudos to Bonnie and her staff for a job well done!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Poor Quality Dining”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The atmosphere was pleasing with the old diner feel. The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. My issue comes with the quality and price of food. Everything we receiving was overdone. Onion rings, hamburger and pork barbeque was burnt. Since this restaurant mostly served easy to make finger food I was expecting much better quality food. I was surprise at the lack of portion size when receiving the plate. The pork barbeque was on a very small hamburger roll and side orders in an extremely small bowl.

The price for the food was too high when considering quality and portion size. The menu selection was very limited and small. Find another restaurant for better diner experience.

• Visited April 2014
Conway, South Carolina
“Been going here off and on for 20+ years”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been going here since I was 5 and I am now 28 I even stayed there when they still had the hotel rooms. Food over the years has changed often in the early 2000s four of my friends worked there and two were the cook lately I have gone and the food was great no longer get the friend discount because I know no one that works there but try the grilled cheeseburger it was great and so is breakfast

• Visited October 2013