“Good Budget Option”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Knoxville
Brooklyn, NY
“Good Budget Option”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were traveling through the area and needed a place to stop for a few hours before heading back on the road in the morning. We got in late at night and from the outside this place looked like an off the beaten path motel. However, once we were checked in and in our rooms we were all reasonably impressed. It might have been because we were all exhausted but the beds were super comfortable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mohit G, Manager at Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying here at Knights Inn, Knoxville, MD and taking out your valuable time to review our property and services.
It is good to know that we provided you with a comfortable stay and that you liked the room. We hope to get a chance to serve you soon, in near future, with even better and a more pleasant stay.
Your business is valuable and your feedback is highly appreciated. I'd love to get additional comments from you, you may send them to knightsinnmd@gmail.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lutherville, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was a very lovely little hotel where they have not forgotten the guest! The gods smiled on us and we found ourselves traveling way ahead of our schedule....early check in (like 2-3 hrs early!)??? Not a problem! Here we came groceries in tow!! Charismatic young man at check in that had a sense of humor too!
The hotel was quiet, clean, modern, safe and easily accessible. The promised grill was ready each night after exploring Harpers Ferry, Anteitem, C&O Canal or tubing. We grilled then sat just outside our room and watched the evening settle in. Very relaxing for two people who spend the rest of their days in the hustle bustle of retail madness! The only suggestions we might make would be to keep the furniture (table, chairs etc) more in scale with the room. (There was little spare space to maneuver) and perhaps to add a picnic table to go along with the grill! The waffles for breakfast were a treat for vaca.... and there was a nice selection of fruit! Thanks for the great stay and we look forward to seeing you again! Great value, 9.5 on scale of 10 (only because we had to leave!)

Room Tip: May suggest a dbl for the extra room to just moving around. Our single was a bit tight. We thought i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mohit G, General Manager at Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay here at Knights Inn, Knoxville, MD and taking out your valuable time to review our services and the property.
I am more than happy to see that you liked our services and that you experienced a pleasant stay. I appreciate your suggestion on the room setting, which I'm taking in consideration to take appropriate actions on, to help you and other guests enjoy even a more comfortable stay in the coming times.
Meanwhile, please feel free to check out our spacious 2 queen beds rooms at your next visit here.
Your business is valuable to us and your feedback is highly appreciated. I'd love to get additional comments from you, you may send them to knightsinnmd@gmail.com.
Daniels, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

It was easy to check in & I had a request wirh my reservation & it was granted with ease. Manager walked me to the door to make sure the room was what I wanted & it was beautiful. New furniture & newly remodeled. There was an issue with the water pressure but called front desk & it was remedied immediately. Not sure what they did but the pressure came back almost immediately. Great room!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying here at Knights Inn, Knoxville, MD and taking out your valuable time to review our services and the property. I'm more than happy to see that you liked our services.
For the water pressure, we had maintenance going on that particular day to keep the property up to date and for that we had to turn the water pressure off for a few minutes. I apologize if it led to any inconvenience to you but we ended up bringing some minor changes to provide you and other guests with a better quality stay.
We'd be looking forward to welcome you for a visit soon. Your feedback is highly appreciated. We'd love to get additional comments from you, you may send them to knightsinnmd@gmail.com.
North East Engalnd
Reviewed 22 July 2014

the facility is clearly old, but quite comfortable. The rooms were shaded by trees in the morning which kept temperatures down which was good.Other than check in staff, who was a little 'surly' all other staff were very pleasant. Location very good for Harpers Ferry and some pleasant river frontage.

The breakfast offered was sufficient to start the day off.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Where to begin. My fiance and I were doing a huge hike on the Maryland AT - 42 miles in a single day - so we booked this hotel because it was the cheapest in the Harper's Ferry vicinity (except one in Charles Town, which had terrible reviews). As you might expect, we were pretty hungry when we finished the hike around 8:30 pm, so when we got to our car around 9, we just put on fresh clothes and went to a restaurant before checking in at the Knight's Inn - since there was nothing telling us in our confirmation email or the website that we had to check in by a particular time, we figured it was fine. We probably arrived a little after 10pm, exhausted and just ready for a shower and bed. Although the manager guy was at the desk, the front door was locked, so he had to come unlock it and let me in, which he seemed visibly annoyed about. I went in and told him we had a reservation, to which he responded exasperatedly, "You're lucky, I have *one room* left." Confused, I responded, "well, yes, given that we have a reservation, I would hope you'd still have our room open," at which point he said, in a really annoyed tone of voice, "Well, it's a little *late,* isn't it?" I said, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize we had to check in by a particular time." I also explained that we had just hiked 42 miles and were hungry, but that even if we hadn't gone to eat, we wouldn't have gotten there before 9 anyway. He just sighed in this really exaggerated way - no apology or intimation that he cared whether we had a nice stay - and gave us our keys.

That pretty much set the tone for our evening. The room was meh - faux wood floors, with no rugs or carpeting, so not particularly cozy, and the hot water in the shower kept going in and out, so it wasn't a particularly comforting shower (even after a grueling hike - when ANY shower should have felt good). There was also just one tiny packet of shampoo to share between the two of us. These are probably things we could have overlooked normally, but given our horrible first impression from the desk attendant, they stood out in our minds.

Checking out, I had to ring the bell several times before anyone came to attend to me (the manager was apparently outside talking on his cell phone) - a non-smiling woman who seemed just as apathetic and rude as the man from the night before. We didn't even bother with the "breakfast" - which, as far as I could tell, was some stale-looking cereal and coffee in the tiny room where the front desk is (there was only one table to even sit at). If for some reason you choose to stay here - but frankly, I'd spend $10-20 more and go someplace else - you're far better off driving into Charles Town and getting some french toast at the Mountain View Diner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Christine M
Mohit G, General Manager at Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I see that you had to face some sort of inconvenience at both check in and check out to which I sincerely apologize. We usually lock the doors a little earlier to midnight because of security reasons but we are always there to attend our guests. We are never annoyed or worried to welcome our guests at any time and I'm sorry if in any ways the staff's gesture or behavior at any time felt unwelcoming to you.
I'll make sure to improve on the breakfast that we have to offer,too, and also upgrade the room settings to meet your expectations.
Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope to get a chance in near future to serve you better. We'd love to get additional comments from you, you may send them to knightsinnmd@gmail.com .
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

BEWARE! Family wedding, out of town. Near the wedding location this hotel was closest. Suggested by location only the family. Was told they were newly renovated. After waiting for 2 hrs & 15 minutes, watching the maid go in/out of each room removing linens knowing that the entire hotel was reserved for a wedding (probably 15 rooms total) they were completely unprepared. Finally got key, went to room to preview. Let me paint a picture...old man living in 1950's hotel room smoking a cigar. Yep, that's right CIGAR SMOKE. It was horrible. Knowing that we would be tired after driving 4 hrs., being at the reception all day we decided to take the room. However when the reception ended, we decided to drive home and not stay. It was unacceptable the conditions.

But wait, It gets even better...one of the other people in the wedding party's room. Same experience with check in. They freshen up, leave bags in room, go to reception, come back to hotel room and room key wouldn't work. After several attempts struggling with key, the door opens from the inside. Man says that in their room was a problem and manager put them in this room. When he asked where their personal effects were he was told they (the manager removed them!). Livid, they went to the managers/office desk and they bagged up in a trash bag their clothes and other personal items. He left in a rage and decided to drive home and not find another hotel nearby.

So there is not enough I can say other than I'd rather sleep in my car than stay here. No negative numbers could be used enough in the rating of this dump. I plan to take it further and write a letter to the company. This needs to be reported. BEWARE!

Room Tip: BEWARE! Stay anywhere else but this place!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MHJOceanCity
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knoxville
Econo Lodge Harpers Ferry
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
Quality Inn Shepherdstown
#2 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Holiday Inn Express Charles Town

Been to Knights inn Knoxville Harpers Ferry? Share your experiences!