“Amazing food! Amazing staff!”
Review of Galazio Restaurant

Galazio Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Galazio Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in La Plata
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a casual fine dining restaurant with a full bar specializing in Mediterranean and regional cuisine in the Southern Maryland area.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Amazing food! Amazing staff! The family who owns this used to own Ouzos. The menu is truly spectacular. This is arguably the best Greek restaurant in the United States. Yes...it is that good!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We can always count on authentic Greek at Ouzo's! We love to meet are friends there and enjoy some Moussaka or their stone oven baked Pizza!! Hopefully in the near future they will add a good Moscato to their wine list!!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I just came back from meeting a friend for lunch at Ouzo's. She lives in Mitchellville and I in King George, VA. We meet for lunch once a month or so. This is our second outing in La Plata and it was fantastic! The food was excellent. I had the Slovakia and my friend had the Gyro platter (all the pieces to a gyro but without the mess of a wrap). We finished with desert and coffee, I had the Baklava and she had the coconut cake, both deserts were very good. We were supposed to share, but that didn't happen. We ate like there was no tomorrow. Portion sizes were acceptable for lunch, I'm used to seeing larger portions in Greek restaurants but appropriate for us and we were able to do deserts with no guilt. I will definitely be back with my family for dinner.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Since the last time we ate at Ouzo's, the restaurant has expanded its dining room and added a brick hearth. Their pizzas are hand-made. In fact, much of the menu is made from scratch. The hummus was excellent and very fresh. I had tilapia with a lemon-caper sauce and my wife had a seafood carbonara, and we were both very pleased. For dessert, we had a marvelous baklava, also hand-made.

The dining room is nicely decorated. However, It is a large open space. The atmosphere would be a bit more intimate if there were some strategically placed dividers in the room.

I should point out that my wife has known the family for over twenty years. The second generation of family is now running the restaurant and the transition has been very smooth. We did get some special attention. But I would also mention that I was warmly greeted when I entered the restaurant ahead of my wife, so the manager did not know who I was at that time.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

LOVE LOVE love the tzatziki would go there just for the appetizer. The moussaka and pastitsio are very good as well. Also, when they have it the lemon roasted chicken and potatoes is awesome. A little pricey but very good food.