“Home during Sandy”

Holiday Inn Express La Plata
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Plata
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I am a nurse and work at the local hospital and this hotel is convenient for me to get to if I cannot get home because of bad weather.

I stayed here previously when it was a Sleep Inn, and this stay during hurricane Sandy was the first time I stayed here since it became a Holiday Inn Express. The facility was ok as a Sleep Inn, but has improved now that it is a Holiday Inn Express.

Everyone on the staff, especically Donna, was kind, friendly and helpful. The room was cl iean, and the bed was comfortable. The towels in the bath were soft and fluffy.

There is more selection with the morning breakfast and the cinamon buns are to die for....
Hopefully we will have another mild winter in Maryland and I won't have to use this facililty any time soon, but i know that if I do, that I will get a good nights sleep and be comfortable during my stay..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express La Plata

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Let me start by saying that with hotels there are two things that mkae a hotel a hit or a miss, Service and cleanliness! This hotel was a big hit with both.

The Good - The cleanliness. Overall it was a clean hotel, nothing dirty, everything in it's place, and a pleasant atmosphere. It is not a place you walk into and say OMG look how new and shiny this place is, but it is definitely good. The rooms were stocked nicely, the sheets were clean, and I got 6 pillows instead of my usualy request for 8.

The Great - The Service. The entire staff seemed dedicated to making sure that every need or desire (appropriate ones) were met if within their power. Despite the hotel being completley booked, they were able to make me feel like my wife and I were the only people there. We also got the room with the jaccuzzi right in the bedroom! Seriously, a holday inn express that has a jaccuzzi right in the bedroom so you can bath and watch tv to your hearts content! I will make sure whenever I am in this area I stay at this hotel! Definitely a place worth going to for enjoyment.

Why You'd Avoid - Location Location Location. The Hotel is right across the street from a sheriff station and a jail. While it is true most criminals want to be as far away from cops as they can, it still creates a slightly uneasy feeling. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely going to stay at this hotel again, but I think if this makes you uneasy, you should know.

Overall a great experience. The staff was amazing, was willing to give great recomendations on what to do, or eat, or whatever. Thank you for renewing my faith in small town Holiday inn expresses. Gosh I love the pancake makers!

Room Tip: Get the Jaccuzzi room! SOOOOOO worht it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This holiday inn express is a great place to stay. We stayed here this past weekend attending a wedding in the area. It is in a good location with plenty of places to eat around it. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were spotless.We asked for a room with 2 queen size beds and not only did we get that the room also had a couch with a pull out. For just an ordinary hotel we were very pleased with our stay here. they also offer a good breakfast in the morning with plenty of choices complimentary.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel was very easy to find on what seems to be a main strip and is located among many shopping malls. It was recently renovated. The front desk staff is very nice, friendly and helpful, both the evening and morning person. Breakfast was hot, plentiful and varied. Very pleased and will definitely be back. The room was comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

The Holiday Inn Express in La Plata, MD is just off the main road through the county (301/Crain Road) which, if going south, goes all the way to the toll bridge into Virginia (maybe a 20 minute drive), and if going north, will take you up to the routes towards the beltway around Washington, DC (probably a 45 min drive).

The hotel is nice and looks like most well kept Holiday Inn Expresses. Large lobby, small pool and gym, and meeting areas. It isn't as large as other HIE's we have stayed in, but even so, the rooms were amazingly large. We had a king room, which came with a sleeper sofa. The bathroom had a walk-in shower (no door, you just step in and walk a few steps to the shower), which might be ideal for anyone who has trouble getting in and out of a shower.

The hotel is near all kinds of shopping, restaurants, and a short ride to historic La Plata. It is good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Finally there is a HIE in this area. I stayed here on business in mid-August and was pleasantly surprised how nice the property was. This hotel is $20-$25 less expensive than the hotels that are in Waldorf, plus the hotel is brand new and everything looks nice and fresh. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 7Patrick
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

They have completed a top notch renovation at this location. Our rooms were beautiful. Slept awesome! Quiet air conditioner. White fluffy towels & plenty of them. Good shower head. Cookies in the lobby & 24 hour coffee (good coffee too, not that weak hotel coffee) & tea service. Military discount too! There are plenty of restaurants on Crain Highway. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012
#6 of 12 in Waldorf
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in King George

Been to Holiday Inn Express La Plata? Share your experiences!