“Very nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Plata
New York
“Very nice Hotel”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My husband and I booked this ahead for our return trip from Myrtle Beach area to upstate NY on 4/6/13. We were happy with what we found. It was clean and the bed was comfortable (rm 305). The young lady at the reception desk was friendly and accommodating. She recommended a small diner on Rte 301 named Marie's for dinner and it was great. The wait staff was knowledgeable and nice. The desserts were WONDERFUL as was the fish. There was a problem with our in-room coffee maker and the staff replaced it immediately. We'll stay again.

Room Tip: We thought we might have trouble sleeping since we were on the highway side of the hotel but we slep...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Leonard, Maryland
Reviewed 31 March 2013

rooms were nice and the hotel looks great. the staff at check-in seemed a little unsure about everything. i think she was new. it took a little while to get checked in but other than the new girl, everything was good

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Stayed here last night - the bed was horrible - springs worn out and the mattress sunk in - unsleepable. Also was in an adjoining room and could hear the people staying next door all night. Don't go in room 218 unless the bed has been replaced and you know who is next door.

Room Tip: Don't go in room 218 unless you only need one bed.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express La Plata, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear K B,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bed. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these La Plata hotels

Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Checked in and after asking about extra pillows, was told no extra pillows could be given out. Had pool but not very big, no towels were available. Front desk clerk was helpful but was limited by lack of support from management. Rooms were large clean and comfortable. Willing to stay again but will bring my own extra pillows..

• Stayed March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was in town for a family member 40th birthday party and was really impressed with this hotel and the Clerk that checked us in was very friendly. The bathroom was very spacious and clean as well as the room and bed which was very comfortable. If I am ever in town again this is be marked as one of my favorite places to stay...oh it was very convenient to resturants and the mall.

Room Tip: I had the room on the 3rd floor and bear the elevators which was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We checked in late due to a vehicle breakdown. We got a full briefing on the hotel.

The breakfast was very good, with a variety of choices.

The lobby computers were modern (all-in-one with Windows 7); however, they had no power when I tried to use them. After the hidden outlet strip was turned on, there was no internet connectivity after it connected to the hotel wifi. Had to unpack my laptop to proceed.

Room Tip: We think the first floor could have been noisy. There was a birthday party going on when we arrived...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Chardon, Ohio
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here for Sat and Sun night. When we checked in, they upgraded us to a suite because of overbooking. Unfortunately, there were only 2 of us, so we didn't get to take advantage of the extra room. Shortly after checking in, we visited with family and returned after 10. The hotel was jammed with people and lots of kids. Kids in the room above us were making lots of noise with running back and forth. After 1/2 hour, we called the front desk and it soon subsided. The continental breakfast was good - I was pleasantly surprised with how they were able to keep food supplied with so many people. When we were getting ready to go out for the day (around 10) , housekeeping knocked on the door. I said we would be leaving in a 1/2 hour. However, she was insistent that she at least wanted the dirty towels. I had to say no, almost being rude to her. I have never had any service person talk that way that I can recall. That night when we returned to the room, I noticed that the coffee pot hadn't been cleaned, nor had we been restocked with coffee packets for the next day. Also, there were no new "glasses" left to restock what we had used. It was disappointing to see. I called to the front desk and they said we could come down and get some...I was expecting them to say they could drop them by. If they were unable to leave the desk, she should have explained so and I would have happily made the trip down. There was no explanation, so wasn't sure. Other service people at the hotel - when checking in, housekeeping on Monday morning, and those at the continental breakfast both mornings - were very pleasant and provided excellent service. Unfortunately, there's only a couple places to stay in La Plata. We chose the Holiday Inn Express because we have stayed at them before and had great experiences. Next time though I go to visit my family, I think I'll stay next door at the Best Western.

Room Tip: I suggest to get a room on the 4th (top) floor. That way there's no guests in the room above...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express La Plata, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear rmksmk,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, housekeeping and the noise during your stay. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Holiday Inn Express Waldorf
Hampton Inn Dahlgren
Hampton Inn Dahlgren
#1 of 2 in Dahlgren

Been to Holiday Inn Express La Plata? Share your experiences!