Holiday Inn Express La Plata
Courtyard Waldorf(Waldorf)
US$114
Residence Inn Waldorf(Waldorf)
US$171
All reviewsfront desk staffhotel is cleanwould stay here againcontinental breakfastaccommodationsrenovation
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a bad experience a few months ago that management made right by refunding us our money for the night. (Wedding downstairs, loud music, 100 people, no parking) Make sure you ask if there is an event.

This time my wife, two kids (3 and 4) and myself came. We continue to pick this hotel because it has a pool ...or does it? Call before you come because on the door of the pool it read "out of order". Bummer, my kids were devastated.

It was January and 15 degrees outside and 40 degrees in our room. We asked the front desk to be moved to a warmer room and they said that all the rooms were this way. So if you plan on coming and it's cold outside call ahead and ask them to turn on the heat. We checked in at 7pm and by 10pm it was about 55 degrees in the room. We had to keep the kids bundled up in the room.

On the lobby TV in front of the front desk was a " Jersey Shore" type show. That may be okay for some places but not in front of kids or guests for that fact. Very unprofessional.

We stayed in a king room with a pull out bed. It was nice and clean.

I thought about giving it one more star but I was shivering while I was writing this.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank topbrian42
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express La Plata, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear topbrian42,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Incompetent, apathetic, unprofessional staffing. Use the Best Western next door or stay in Waldorf (5 miles north on US 301) Reservations were made 1 month+ in advance & pre-paid--all rooms were wrong (3 rooms)--didn't bother to tell us there was a high school wrestling tournament in town that week/weekend--noise until well after midnight--staff too busy with their own holiday party to correct--worst hotel experience ever--NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express La Plata, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Tim B,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. It is regrettable your stay was negatively impacted by the level of noise created by other guest at the hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. If you have future concerns, please let the Duty Manager know so an alternate room could be offered if available.

Connie D

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I booked a weekend reservation at this hotel online. I requested a non-smoking/2bed room because I was traveling with 2 teenagers and 1 child. I called the hotel ahead of time to let them know I would be arriving late. We arrived at 10pm on a friday night. We got checked in an went up to the room. We immediately noticed the strong smell of smoke in the room and also the fact that there was a king bed which did not suit our needs. I returned to the front desk and asked to be moved to the right room. The guy at the front desk told me that there was nothing they could do for me because they were booked up for the weekend and the online reservation system has different information than they do. The most ridiculous excuse for such a large hotel chain!! I asked to speak to a manager since it was too late for me, a woman, to go out hotel shopping by myself in an unfamiliar area, with young children. I figured that at least if I had to be uncomfortable and inconvenienced, I should expect not to be charged for extra guests. If nothing else, you would think that they should at least attempt to make us more comfortable. The manager had absolutely no customer service skills, they were unwilling to help me out in any way whatsoever. They basically told me to accept it or find another hotel. I called the holiday inn customer relations number, I was on hold for almost 20 minutes the first time, while they called the front desk to try to resolve my problem. The guy at the front desk still offered no resolution. As a matter of fact, he completely ignored that I was standing there still waiting. He counted money, looked on the computer, slammed drawers violently and answered phones as if I wasn't even there. I asked him what had been decided and he said "nothing, i already tried telling you". I called customer relations again, to be placed on hold for 45 minutes while they argued back and forth with the front desk guy. My children fell asleep in the lobby so I decided to take them to the room while I tried to resolve the issue. Once we got to the room, one of us had to sleep on the floor so that we could all have enough room. In the end customer relations agreed to investigate to determine if I should be credited for my first night stay. The front desk guy brought us up a roll away bed as if that would be an acceptable alternative to the queen beds I had paid for. Not to mention that it didn't fix the odor in the room. I explained my disappointment to him and he stood in my room at 1am rolling his eyes at me. They suggested that I check out in the morning and offered me phone numbers to other hotels in the area. I most definitely checked out as soon as the sun came up. At first I thought the problem was just this particular location, but I am extremely disappointed in the whole chain. They did absolutely nothing to honor my reservation and even went as far as to change their story several times claiming that I requested it that way. As for their investigation, I doubt that I will ever see my money back for that night because it was very clear that they only care about
their own pockets.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank MamaGeee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express La Plata, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear MamaGeee,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is very unfortunate that we were not able to deliver based on your expectations on this visit due to the condition of the room you were given and quality of service received being sub par. These shall be addressed accordingly with our team to consider for improvements needed in our efforts.

Kind Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is by far the best place to in the area. The facility is very clean and the staff are very Professional and well managed. Rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Rooms are also spacious compared to similar Hotels. Parking is more than adequate and outside Electrical hook-ups are numerous. A special Thank You to Sharon for her assistance and Professionalism in obtaining our rooms and making our stay, that much more enjoyable. Prices are comparable to other Hotels in the area, but this facility is worth staying at.

Room Tip: All rooms were good, if you want a larger room upgrade to a suite. Regular room is more than adequate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Most of the front desk staff was friendly. The rooms were a good size, they need to be really cleaned though. Someone had spilled something in our room and there was stuff on the walls and the bedskirt from the previous guest. There was a spider web in the window. The wallpaper is peeling in lots of spots. The toilet inside had yellow stained marks, but it could just be that it was older. The water in the hotel is terrible. It was way too soft and you felt slimey after you go out of the shower. The first room we had was supposed to be non smoking but it smelled really bad like cigarette smoke. They moved us to another room and it was better. The hotel was pretty noisey, we could hear every move the people above us made and when someone was walking down the hall. Im pretty sensitive to light when I sleep and the door let light in all around it. The cookies that were out for a snack in the afternoon were good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express La Plata, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear KVacc,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A