“Great for athletes, business or pleasure”

Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Landover
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great for athletes, business or pleasure”
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

This is a recently updated hotel with an extremely comfortable bed. The Bistro in the lobby is quick and has a good variety of food made to order. I was pleased to be able to get eggs and bacon and my husband was happy to be able to get Starbucks coffee. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The exercise room was spacious and had a full set of dumb bells (5-50#) With enough space to jump rope and do Crossfit. The only unfortunate thing about this hotel is that they no longer have a hot tub as it was recently removed. The location of the hotel is good and I felt safe going for a morning run. The sleeper sofa was comfortable to sit on, but was not comfortable for an adult to sleep on. The free Internet was great for browsing and checking email. There was paid Internet available that is intended for streaming and watching videos. Parking is free. We will likely stay at this hotel again when we are in town next year.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarah M
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
This is great insight into our fitness room. As trends change, we do our best to stay up to date with the offerings in the room. Thank you for letting us know what you'd like to see added!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was the perfect location for a day of touring in DC. Within walking distance of the metro, but they have a free shuttle that makes it even better. The rooms were clean and comfortable. My rate included a free breakfast which was very good. We will stay there again the next time we visit DC.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Tom B
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to DC!
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night with my family on 4/27. Thanks to my husband's frequent travel we were upgraded to a suite. They accommodated our early check in request and were prompt and attentive with the pack and play for our son. The room was spacious and has everything we needed. The pool was quite cold for our kids (both under 5), but they didn't seem to mind as much as I did. All in all it was a great family trip to the Redskins draft day party.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties particularly Courtyards. I love having a balcony or patio and if I am too tired to go out, decent food is available right there.

On this trip, I was surprised to find they did not have my reservation. I showed the desk clerk my print out. She pointed out that I had failed to hit one more button to complete my reservation, but she said she had plenty of rooms. She upgraded me to a suite (Gold Rewards Member). Later, the bistro staff was very helpful in getting me some side things (lemon, knife, tall glass) at different times and seemed happy to do it. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only strange thing about the room is that the bathroom door would not fully open. It could not get past the toilet.

The location is excellent given the nearby metro stop. They have a shuttle bus that will take you to many places. The pool is indoors and small. There is a comfortable outdoor sitting area around an outdoor fire pit.

I got delivery from the Red Ginger Chinese restaurant. The kung pao chicken was excellent: very meaty and just enough heat. They were very quick in the delivery. Make sure you tell them what size you want or you will be able to feed an army.

I could not have been happier.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jegolf20
I'm glad the staff was able to help and make sure you had a comfortable place to stay for the evening. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Maryland
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I live about 30 minutes away from this Courtyard. I stayed overnight mid-week because I had to be at a reception at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum at 8:30 in the morning and I could take the Metro and be there in 30 minutes instead of having to drive into DC in rush hour traffic and find parking either at the Metro or downtown (almost impossible).

I had a very nice room in the back overlooking a wooded creek area. The rooms have narrow balconies, so I was able to open the sliders -- a real treat in a hotel room. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was more comfortable than the one I have at home. The TV was large and of good quality. This hotel is located in an office park, with nothing else around it but office buildings, so it naturally is used primarily for business travel. There was a very large desk, with a section that pulled out to the correct height for a laptop. There was a loveseat-size sofa and a small refrigerator (no microwave).

The lobby area has food for purchase, including alcoholic beverages. I had brought some food from home for dinner and the morning reception included breakfast, so I did not eat at the hotel. Breakfast is not included in the price of a standard room, but I believe you can get hotel packages that include it.

A very pleasant gentleman drove me to the Metro in the hotel shuttle, but it's less than a 1/2 mile, I'd say, with sidewalks all the way, so I walked back. The hotel is very convenient if you want to get in and out of DC fairly quickly without having to drive. The only issue is that, aside from what is offered at the hotel, there are no restaurants in the immediate area.

I seem to have "put her next to people who slam doors all evening" as part of my hotel profile. I was at the very end of the hall, but all evening people slammed doors. Luckily, it stopped at bedtime and it was very quiet after that.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel overlook a creek and woods. It is less likely that cars will be parke...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. Along with Amtrak and Metro, the MARC train also stops at the New Carrollton Station. It is possible to get to the hotel from both BWI and Regan airports without having to take a cab!
Lansdale, PA
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My husband was running in the Masters Track and Field Championship in Landover, MD. We picked this hotel because of the good reviews on TA. We couldn't have been happier. The check in was quick and the desk agent was very helpful. Our room overlooked a wooded creek beyond the parking area. We were just a few miles from the venue which was very nice. We had gotten lost in the area several times so decided to have dinner at the hotel. Dinner was very good and the chef even came out to see that my husbnd's steak was to his liking. (You can order at their cafe and take the food to your room if you like) Breakfast at the cafe was the same deal but you order at the counter. The menu has calorie values for all the entries which I liked. The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the creek. Just a thought - prettier view.
Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
US
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Ok, I'll keep it short...

As a Platinum Marriott member I stay at quite a few chains of Marriott throughout the year all over the country. My first unpleasant encounter was the cleanliness of the room upon check-in. The bathtub was dirty, there were hairs on the bedspread, and a large stain on the couch cushion. Unacceptable. After a long day on the road all I want to do is relax.

While at the front desk waiting for a colleague check-in, the woman behind the desk answered the phone and after a few seconds said to the woman on the other end, "All of our rooms are checked for cleanliness after each stay." Apparently I am not the only one who thinks at least one of the cleaning staff needs a speaking to.There was no apology, no offer to relocate the woman to a different room, only a reiteration that all rooms are checked for cleanliness after each guest.

What she should be saying is all rooms are cleaned on a daily basis and she's terribly sorry for the slip up. Listening to this end of a conversation didn't leave me with much confidence that the rooms are cleaned well at all.

The rest of the front desk staff and the bistro staff are not friendly nor energetic. The Indian gentleman at the bistro in the morning should give them a lesson or two as he provided professional courteous service.

I personally will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank travels3939
Thank you for your open and honest review of the hotel. I apologize that your experience and accommodations did not meet your expectations. Since receiving your review, we have completed additional training and observation on our team and utilized your sentiments to drive home the importance of the guest experience.

I hope that you will reconsider and allow us another opportunity to deliver the service and product you have come to expect as a Platinum guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landover
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Courtyard New Carrollton Landover? Share your experiences!