“A great find”

Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Landover
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were visiting the DC area to see a soccer game at FedEx Field. The hotel was so convenient to the field AND the Orange line of the Metro AND some decent shopping in Bowie, MD. the staff was excellent: friendly and helpful. The facilities were brand new and very clean. One minor complaint: I actually needed to print something out and the business center computers were SO slow. But I would definitely go back again and recommend this Marriott.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura M
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear willa66,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff.

I'm sorry to hear that the business center PC's were slow. We will have them checked by the vendor to make sure that there isn't an issue with them, so they will be all set for your next visit!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Sometimes you choose a hotel that looks good on a web site, but after your arrival you are so disappointed but too tired to make a complain. Well, this hotel was such a treat! The staff from the first person you meet in the lobby to the staff throughout the hotel make you feel welcome. My only sour note was there was no Jacuzzi - oh well, the pool is quite nice anyway!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette524

Dear Jeanette524,

We are so happy to hear that we came through for you! Thank you for sharing your kind words with us.

We hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is very nice. The outside isnt very special, a tad outdated but once you walk in, you see where the money went. The inside looks very fresh for the courtyard brand and gives it a nice feel. The rooms are very nice and updated as well. The balcony in the room is a nice extra.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

For a trip do both Washington, DC & Annapolis, MD, we decided to find a hotel that was located between the two, about 30 minutes from each. The Courtyard New Carrollton Landover fit that that bill perfectly.

The hotel was in the middle of renovations and we were lucky enough to get a refreshed room. The room was clean and very comfortable, especially the bed. There's also quite a nice courtyard in the middle of the building to relax in, as well as a full service restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner available for guests. We found the Wi-Fi to be fast and the parking to be plentiful.

We'd definitely recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay in this area as the prices are reasonable and the hotel is comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GNRMatt
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I went to D.C. at the end of June for a week of sightseeing and meeting up with old friends. Due to some scheduling issues I ended up staying the first 3 nights at the Courtyard in Rosslyn/Arlington and the last 3 nights at New Carrollton. (Strictly my choice, nothing to do with Marriott)
The first 3 nights in Arlington were great!! Excellent service, nice room, and super convenient to restaurants, grocery and Metro. I was very pleased, and a little concerned about moving so far away from the "action" that, that area provides.
My concern was completely un-founded.
Due to checkout and check-in times being 3 hours,apart, I arrived around 12:30 at New Carrollton. I was afraid of losing the whole day to this process, no worries .....they immediately checked me into my room and I was headed back to D.C. within an hour!!
Amazing kindness and courtesy from the lady at the desk. Wish I had gotten her name.

The Room.....
Brand New! The bed was super comfortable, and everything was spotless!
Wi-Fi (FREE), a little slow, but not a hindrance.
I was on the terrace level, which is below the main level. At first, I felt like they stuck me in the basement, but this turned out to be a perfect location. Very quiet and convenient especially if like me, you are walking everywhere. I think I walked through the lobby 2x, the whole time I was there.
The hotel backs up to a creek, swampy area, which I found quite peaceful. This is the place I would go sit with drink in hand, and have a cigarette at the end of the day. Very quiet!!!!!
The courtyard / pool area is very nice.

The location, being so far removed from everything could be considered a drawback to some. I was eating in DC everyday/night, so it wasn't an issue. The shuttle service is fast and easy to the Metro if you are to lazy to walk the .4 miles to the hotel or back.
I did give this 5 stars because of all of the above, but beware of the Lack of convenience to restaurants, and the 30 minute trip into town.

Next year, I will stay here the whole time!!!! The minor inconvenience is easy to deal with if you plan ahead. (Snacks, liquor, etc..bought before you come home for the night!)

LOVE THIS PLACE!!! I will be back!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a great 2 night stay here! Very modern looking, room was clean, the mattress was nice and the staff were super friendly and helpful. It's in a nice location - a quiet business park that's about a 10 minute walk to the metro. Or they have a shuttle that can take you but we walked since it's a decent area. And once you get on the metro, you can pretty much go anywhere in DC. I would recommend to bring stuff for breakfast since it's not included and the cafe was a little more than I'd like to spend. This was probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in for the price. We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2014
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Amber,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We love them, too! Thank you for sharing your hotel experience. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our experience at the Courtyard New Carrollton was simply wonderful. The hotel was quiet due to its location in a business park, and it smells fresh and clean due to recent renovations. How wonderful it was to stay somewhere nice and quiet and clean! We chose this hotel due to having to travel to DC, Annapolis, and Baltimore. It was GREAT!
Tips and Info
1. When travelling to DC, use the METRO. Courtyard provides a free shuttle van to the Metro/ Amtrak/ MARC station. The New Carrollton Metro stop is at the end of the orange line which goes into the heart of DC. It's about 30 minutes to the Capitol or the Mall area. The Washington Nationals ballpark is on the orange line, too.
2. The hotel is in a business park, so due to lack of restaurants or shops in the area, it's good to have a rental car if you are staying longer than a night. Parking is free! (Although we actually liked the remoteness of the hotel, it could be a drawback for others. Just be aware of limitations... you can work around them, as we did. I rated the location a 5 due to proximity to Metro, the courtesy van, and having a rental car.
3. We could not figure out how to change the setting on the AC. It was never hot, though, and sometimes it was cold, but that made for good sleeping! The sofa in our room was a small sleeper, and there were supplies for it in a drawer. I used the blanket on the bed one night. That may be a drawback for some. I was grateful for the cool room!
4. You'll have a small coffee maker and coffee provided. Bring your own coffee fixings if you do not like black coffee. You'll have a mini-fridge in the room, but no microwave, so plan snacks or meals accordingly. There is a small marketplace with snacks and a microwave in the lobby.
5. You can print your boarding passes in the hotel lobby area at a computer/printer setup dedicated for this.
6. Wireless internet in your room is free!
7. Ask. They'll help you.
8. If you have to travel to DC, stay here. The rates are very reasonable. You are about 30 minutes away from DC by Metro, and about the same from Annapolis by car. Baltimore is about 35 minutes by car (beautiful drive on the parkway!) and closer to an hour by MARC from BWI.
9. Be friendly and treat the staff with courtesy. They will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable.
Our stay was exceedingly wonderful due to the staff at Courtyard New Carrollton, so the rest of this detailed review will be about our experiences with staff members. I'd like to give them a rating higher than 5! (I apologize for any misspellings. I should have written down names...)
Our flight arrived mid-morning, and my sister and I arrived at the hotel 3 hours before check-in time. We asked Asia if they would hold our bags and tell us where we could freshen up since we had to go into DC for a meeting, and I was wearing NO makeup (long story) Asia let us go ahead and check into a room! That was the first happy "exceeds customer service" (ECS) experience.
After freshening up, we were taken to the METRO by the Courtyard van. Enrique, our driver, was quite courteous, gracious, and helpful. He opened the doors for us and gave us directions about where to go. Enrique ended up taking us to and from the METRO every day he worked, and we were delighted! At no time did we wait longer than 3 minutes for the shuttle after asking the front desk to notify the driver that we needed a ride. (Second ECS experience.)
The next morning, we had to go into DC pretty early and even though the shuttle hours are not supposed to begin until 7 AM, they got the van at 6:30 AM and took us to the METRO to keep us from having to walk the three long blocks! (Third ECS)
That same evening we walked back to the hotel since it was after 10 PM, and although we suspected they would come get us from the METRO, we did not want to "expect" it, and the walk was nice! We felt safe in the area, especially since there was law enforcement or security present at the Metro and at the hotel.
Even though the interstate is nearby, you'd never know it.
There are no shops or restaurants within walking distance, so there were few people in the area. However, there are many restaurants and shops about 3-5 miles away, so if you have a car, it's absolutely no problem. Shawn at the front desk gave us a handout with directions to a variety of restaurants and gave us tips on other things in the area. (Fourth) We went to a shopping plaza less than 10 minutes away. Not a bad drive at all!!
We did have breakfast at The Bistro daily, and the food was good. (Starbucks Coffee, fresh fruit (strawberries were to-die for!!), yogurt, and a chocolate chocolate chip muffin... I mean, how can you go wrong?) Kaazir waited on us every day that he worked, too, and he was friendly, helpful, and patient as we tried to make up our minds about what to eat! (Fifth ECS)
There were several people with whom we interacted only once, like the fellow who looked up the phone number for non-emergency law enforcement when I had an incident with the rental car on the Interstate. He saw me hours later and asked if everything was ok and if there was anything else he could do to help. (sixth)
I encountered some of the cleaning staff in the halls, and they smiled and greeted me!
The staff at Courtyard New Carrollton pretty much act like family, and when you have several staff members who make you feel as if you are long lost cousins come to visit.... well, I just can't help but sing their praises. We were absolutely delighted with our stay. Can you tell? :-)
Thanks, Courtyard New Carrollton. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard New Carrollton Landover, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

This review is very robust, with a tremendous amount of useful information. Thank you for your time in sharing with our prospective guests! We are so happy to hear that we were able to "ECS" for you.

I'll be sure to share your kind words with my staff and celebrate with those who so positively impacted your stay.

Thanks again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Landover
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
1 mi away
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C

Been to Courtyard New Carrollton Landover? Share your experiences!