We stayed in this Courtyard by Marriott in June 2009 - purpose was vacationing to tour Washington DC- This hotel had several plusses:
1. Close to metro station (New Carrollton) - healthy people can walk it- maybe 10 minutes) or hotel provides free shuttle service - also appreciated!
2. Rooms were excellent- bedding super comfortable! Clean and always neat each day when we returned- no complaints here.. amenities fine- linens, coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron and board- etc. all great! Also free papers -USA TODAY & Wall ST. Journal daily.
3. Staff very pleasant and helpful- all good so far... now for the areas needing improvement! - Dining room was the big disappointment- terribly understaffed- We ate dinner there 2 nights due to bad weather and not willing to metro back in to DC- in a dining room seeting right at 50 people- ONE SERVER on duty to cover the whole room! I felt very sorry for this woman- she did the very best she could given the circumstances- i hold the management responsible for the slow service- and the breakfast buffet could have been better- the food was good - just not hot! and we did not arrive at the very end of the breakfast time either!
4. SUGGESTION- increase the size and choices of food/other pharmacy items of the "Market shop" given that there is nothing close to this hotel- no grocery, restaraunt or pharmacy in close walking distance. It is right in the middle of many office buildings-
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new state-of-the-art lobby at the Courtyard New Carrollton Landover Hotel provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. This hotel in Landover, Maryland features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect. providing guests with healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Visit the Washington Convention Center, Six Flags America and FedEx Field while staying at our Washington DC area hotel. We also offer a well-equipped fitness center, indoor pool, 24-hour business center and a boarding pass printing service. For business meetings and events, the Courtyard Landover hotel offers 3 meeting rooms, 1250 sq. feet of space and on-site exhibition space. Find room to roam at the Courtyard New Carrollton Landover hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard New Carrollton Landover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott New Carrollton Landover Hotel Landover
- Courtyard Landover
- Landover Courtyard
- Landover Marriott