Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
US$89
US$163
US$153
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat roomenjoyed my staydcconveniencehousekeepermaryland
Reviewed 24 July 2011

When i walked into the hotel i was taken back by the way the doors were secured/locked. It made me think twice about the location of the hotel. The staff is really friendly and the rooms are a pretty good value. Equiped with a kitchen, full fridge, pots, pans, plates, bowls and utensils. You are told at check-in that the rooms are not serviced everyday and if you needed it to be they would take care of it. That's fair. The location isn't terrible, it's okay. Definitely conveniently located near restaurants and a little shopping center.

Overall not a bad experience. Good extended stay. Oh and it's pet friendly!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank namil
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I booked a room in this hotel for a overnight stay. I arrived late in the night...Ample parking was available. The reception had doors barricaded like a gas station counter in high risk area. However the check-in was uneventful.
The room was clean and had basic amenities. The bathroom was clean.

Overall...considering the price I paid for the room..it was good value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2010

The guest service rep was accommodating and finding a room for me on short notice. The environment was conductive to rest and relaxation. Bed slept well and the area was clean and neat. Bathroom was clean as well as the kitchen. The lounger would put one to sleep when you sit down. Over all I was very comfortable and satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Forewarned is not forearmed in this dirty, disgusting place. There's no way to arm yourself for the unpleastries of this old hotel. The carpets are filthy, the rooms are dingy, there was a smell in the hallway, the exposed box spring on the old queen sized bed was all stained down the side and I looked at the same dirty q-tip in the elevator for a day and a half. The night staff lady who was pleasnt enough showed me 3 different rooms, trying to please...in the end I decided it wasn't worth moving my 86 year old mom into another room they all looked just as bad. Don't stay here!!!!!

Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank aprilcove
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I wish I had of read the reviews before we stayed here. This was the worst experience in my life. My friends and I checked into two rooms on Sunday 1/18/2009. Both rooms had issues. In my room the toilet was broken and in my freind's room the door did not lock. To our surprise these were common items at the Extended stay in Landover. We switched rooms for a total of six times. In one room the toilet was broken, the other room the heat did not work, then the tv was not working in another room. I am still trying to reach the General Manager to demand a refund. I was told by a few other guest that they were having the same problem. When we booked we were told that the hotel was remodeled in 2005. The only thing slightly new is the lobby area. The rooms are HORRIBLE and SMELLY!!! This hotel needs to be condemed and I believe the District manager, Ibraham Contech, is seriously avoiding my calls. I plan to contact the better business bureau and the corporate headquarters of Extended Stay America. I cannot believe that they actually charge people to stay in this fithy hotel. When I told the maid about the broken toilet, she suggested that I reach into the back of the toilet and lift the bulb. I didn't pay to stay at the hotel and make toilet repairs. I am still in disblief of my horrible experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Tenika