“Great Value, Poor Location”

Best Western Capital Beltway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed 21 July 2014

You can't beat the price we paid but we will not likely stay there again. The desk staff was great, kind and courteous and Glenn went out of his way to help and inform us. The pool was terrible, not only were the people swimming in it rude animals but the water itself was gross. The hotel itself was fine, the room was pretty small but clean and served its purpose. The shuttle bus to the metro station was helpful. The area where the hotel is located is pretty lousy. Not only were there only two restaurants that I would actually bother going to but the police officer that was parked every single night at the 7-11 next door left us uneasy. He was there literally every night with his lights on, all night. What goes on there that that is necessary?

1  Thank RFrag
BWGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your time to share your feedback. We apologize or not exceeding your expectation. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Pool was disgusting. There was mold on floor around pool, bugs floating in pool, mold around windows . Water was so cloudy you couldn't see bottom. Pool attendant started pouring chemicals into the pool WHILE WE WERE SWIMMING IN IT. There was a gross brown smear on the wall behind the toilet. Just disgusting. Tub and shower clearly not maintained or cleaned thoroughly. Called & asked front desk to bring up extra towels and they said I was welcome to come down and get some. WiFi was good and a/c worked great. Beds comfy.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your time to share your feedback. We apologize for not exceeding your expectation. We will follow-up on your concern for immediate corrective action. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great atmosphere! You can Party or Worship, they let you enjoy whatever your stay was all about, your choice I loved that! I am taking the time to write this survey cause they impressed me with their courteous, friendly service. Woke me up in time to catch my flight, fixed my room needs as I needed and made me feel at Home to enjoy the event I went for. Keep up the good work is all I have to say!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your time to share your feedback. We are glad to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The staff at this hotel were very friendly & helpful. Me and my family really enjoy our stay each room was nice and clean.and they was very hospitable and pleasant.being that the stay was so nice I must return on my next vacation

Room Tip: July 10 2014 I check in room 635 the room was excellent the room smell fresh the sheets had no ha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your time to share your feedback. We thank you for your compliments and glad to know that we have exceeded your expectation during your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I woke up around 4am itching and scratching, only to find out I had been bitten on my arm, leg, and ankle.I asked could we at least be moved to another room until later on in the a.m. she replied that no more were available. ..so while packing all my belongings, my brother spotted the bed bug and snapped a pic. ..I asked to speak to a supervisor and was advised that she did not come in until 8 a.m. I was disgusted and very angry...I sat in the lobby from around 4 ish in the am until about 630 a.m. and then went and sat in my car to wait for the general manager. ..still didn't get a chance to speak to a supervisor. ..I had to call corporate....this was the WORSE experience I've ever had....

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Tbabe25
BWGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your time. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By sharing your experience about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff at this hotel were very friendly & helpful. Shuttle to the Metro station was a plus. Only
problem was when we returned to the Metro station. No one told us that we needed to call the
hotel for pick-up. The rooms were large and clean and the breakfast was above average.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a quiet location, so most rooms are away from freeway noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Helen Hayes/GM/wrote:

Thank you for your time. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Thank you for your compliments to our staff.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed five nights in June of 2014. Staff was exceptional in checking in, assisting us during our stay and in checking out. Our Granddaughter was participating in National History Day at the University of Maryland, College Park. The staff was great and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles B
BWGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Helen Hayes/GM/Wrote:

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Thank you for letting the world know that you had a very good experience with us. I will certainly share your compliments to our entire staff. Thank you again and we look forward on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt

Been to Best Western Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!