“Dirty”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Felt like I was in the Ghetto and we seen bugs that's look like bed bugs that came out of the wall in the bathroom big and small bugs! I will never stay at a red roof inn again! Exterminator or health department needs to take action because I am going to have to take precaution to make sure I don't take any of their nasty bugs home!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 20kayla09
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2014

Thank you for recent visit to Red Roof Lanham. We appreciate your comments and will definitely work on all issues that need attention. We have corrected the housekeeping issues you mentioned and will strive to do better with making sure our guest have a clean room.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The backed up tub drainage probably cause the filthy ring around the tub and roaches.
Urine smell on the exterior and elevator.
Missing bulbs in the fixtures. Phones, clock always broken.
Burn marks, wrinkles on the bed spreads.
Perpetual fingerprints.

Friendly staff though. One bad incident with loud, aggressive guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ProBook
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the General Manager at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham,MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for a dissatisfying stay. I have address both issues with my housekeeping and security department to ensure that this does not happen again. I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was inexpensive and located near Washington DC but we were skeptical as soon as we pulled up. The parking lot was taped off with caution tape. We had to walk past a group of shady individuals who were hanging out in front of several rooms, including ours. The rooms were in bad shape and not at all as they were pictured on the internet. Skip it and go somewhere else!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bandesand
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was apprehensive because of on sight security checking ID as soon as arriving on property. But staff is as good as they get. From Front Desk to House Keeping. Very welcoming staff. Was very welcoming with the fact that I was travelling with my dog.

Room Tip: Must request microwave and fridge in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

.Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

From the minute we entered into their parking lots to the front desk/lounge, we noticed filth every where. Then we got to our room, 216 and the comforter they had on the bed had stains on it. it's looked like a dog poo, but they still spread that comforter on the bed. Everything in the room was filthy. We had to clean the rooms ourselves with pine sol before we could bring our stuff in.

If you are a clean person and care about where you sleep, this place IS NOT FOR YOU! Their housekeepers were very nice and helpful, but they don't do their job well. I rather have a mean housekeeper, but a clean room than the other way around. On our check out day, we saw towels on the floor. They certainly do not care about their customers.

Room Tip: This hotel is very filthy. don't bother booking with them, unless you don't care!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank eaglesH
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectaions! Our goal is to make it right! I hope you give us another opportunity to prove that we are committed to providing awesome customer service and a clean quiet room. Would you be able to contact me to discuss your stay with me via telephone at 301-731-8830 ext 135.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I've Stayed at a Redroof Inn before in Laurel, MD it Was Excellent No Complaints at All!! But this time my family and I decided to stay at the Redroof Inn in Lanham, MD And it was not Good!! The room was renovated but still old the towels and rags had dust on them, Cigarette burns on the bed spread, and not even 3 hours being there I killed a roach also I got up at 3am to use the bathroom I seen another roach on the bathroom floor it was nasty ugh!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Customer feedback is a great tool, it allows us to improve our product and our service. I am working with my housekeeping team to ensure each room exceeds the expectations of our guests. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally about your stay with us. I can be reached at 301-731-8830 extension 135.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Chrystal, from the Red Roof Lanham #132, Maryland location is an outstanding employee who made my mother and my stay at the hotel pleasant. We appreciate the reasonable price of the Red Roof Inn, thus, we have stayed at the Red Roof Inn for two weeks, after the two weeks, we have returned twice for two to three days. I am so grateful for the friendly and professional customer service Chrystal provides. She goes the extra mile to make sure my mother and I have a pleasant experience. One of the reasons we return to the Red Roof Inn Lanham #132 is because of Chrystal. We do have the option of staying in other hotels, but we refuse to lose out on great customer service since these days it is hard to find. For example, when we had a problem, she showed empathy and resolved the situation immediately. There are few employees like Chrystal and I pray she will continue to keep up the Great work.
Celestine

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Miss.Celestine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let our staff know how much you enjoyed your stay. We value both you and your Mothers business and we hope to see you again soon.

Desmond Miller

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Best Western Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!