“1night stay and going back for 2weeks.”

Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
“1night stay and going back for 2weeks.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Due to damage at my home I quickly got a 1br suite this past Sunday. Jason was incredible during check in, I must note the toilet tissue was rather thin and cheap. My tub was not as clean as it should have been. I like the convenience to my son's school from this location. I am currently in the TownePlace Suites which are smaller but I have no complaints yet(they have a laundry facility which I do not see on the RI site for ammenities) I will be returning to Residence in on Saturday for a 2week stay as this hotel was my first choice due to proximity, they do not have a 2br until Saturday. I hope my upcoming stayl is great. Enough Towels and wash cloths, silverware for a family of four. Issues with my first stay. And a clean tub. Or I will return to where I am currently residing. I didnt complain because it was only for 1 night and I was exausted from the devestation in my home. My son LOVED the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you were very pleased with your check in experience with Jason. I am also happy to hear that your son enjoyed the breakfast so much. I want to sincerely apologize for the problems experienced with housekeeping. I have brought these to the attention of our housekeeping manager and she has handled them accordingly. I also wanted to apologize for the confusion about our laundry services. We do have onsite services located on our second floor. I appreciate you providing us with this information and I am looking into getting this information corrected online to ensure other guests do not experience the same issue. I appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel and hope you will consider us for another stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nashville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We just returned from a 6 night stay. The pros of this hotel were the rate and the breakfast. We were given a very good rate and our total bill with tax was less than $700. The free breakfast wasn't spectacular, but it was FREE and saved our family of four a ton of money each day. The lady who serviced the breakfast bar each day was extremely sweet and friendly, too! Front desk staff were also very pleasant. The cons were many. The cleaning staff was terrible. Even though we were there 6 nights, they NEVER left us enough towels/wash cloths. We always had to go to the from desk each night to request more even though we left notes, asked manager to make sure they left correct number, etc. they also did not replace empty toilet paper or leave extra. We had to go ask for a new roll more than once. There were either staff with children living on the premises or families staying for an extended stay. Although anyone under 18 is not supposed to be alone at the pool and hot tub, there were children there unattended frequently making it difficult to relax. Someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am.
The biggest reason we will not return is the location. We were told it was a safe area and went to a nearby Bojangles. Two customers got in a violent fight; one had a gun and we actually were in fear for our lives. We no longer went out in the area after dark after that occurrence. On our next visit to D.C., we will pay a little more and stay in a better area!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tammy M
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Tammy M,

I wanted to thank you for the feedback from your recent stay here at our Hotel. We always strive to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and issue free stay during their time with us at the Hotel. Unfortunately, in this instance it sounds as though we may have fell short of your expectations. I do want to apologize for the multiple issues you experienced with housekeeping and in the pool area. I can assure you we have brought these to the attention to the management of the Housekeeping department.

These issues certainly do not live up to the Marriott standard or those standards we have at our Hotel. I want to be sure we are able to fix these issues for you to your satisfaction, as well as prevent the issue from happening again to a future guest. If you could so kindly contact me by calling the hotel directly at the number below at your convenience, I will be sure the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

301-925-7806
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This new hotel has nicely designed new rooms, but a fatal design flaw makes it difficult to sleep. The HVAC was loud and blew forcefully onto the bed! It had no low fan speed, and could only be turned off completely to avoid the noise, however, when doing this the HVAC units of the neighboring rooms were still too loud.

Room Tip: Stay away if you are a light sleeper. The new furnishing have not completely finished off-gasing.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
David L

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apology for the noisy HVAC you experienced during your recent stay at the Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway. I want you to know that your comments are being shared with the Maintenance team and measures are being taken to address these issues and prevent them from happening again. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and if we want to continue to be successful, we can never let any guest experience a stay that has results like this. I hope you will reconsider your feelings about our hotel and will consider us again in the future.
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Due to unforeseen circumstances my family and I found ourselves having to live in a hotel. We have stayed in 5 different hotels prior to staying in the Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway. When we got here, we were captivated by how friendly and helpful the staff was. Jason, Elizabeth, Latifah, Bianca, Shamika, Carlina, Shereese and Brittany are simply the best at what they do. They have helped us and served us with a smile and are always eager to be of assistance. I love this hotel and it is all because of them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Darnashia B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great feedback about your stay here in our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear you were very satisfied with multiple staff members and their customer service. I was very excited to share the feedback with them recently as they take great pride in every guests experience. Thank you again and we look forward to your continued stay with us.
Bloomingdale, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Clean warm pool, friendly staff and good evening social hour with food during the week. DC got 10 inches of snow when we were visiting and the staff was awesome to help with our young kids! It's is easy to get downtown from this hotel because the train is a close drive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Amy1joyful,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great feedback about your recent stay here in our hotel. We are especially happy that you were so pleased with our staff and how helpful they were with your young children during your stay.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Customer Service at the front desk by Jason was considered Superb!!! Only because of him will I come back again and again. He made my stay very friendly. The only downside was that I arrived at the requested check in time of 3:00pm but waited in the lobby until 4:00pm for a rom to be ready for occupancy. The hotel s new and the room was very well decorated.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom suite was very comfortable and spacious. Loved the kitchen and my favorite was the lar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Veronica J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great feedback about your stay here in our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear you were very satisfied with Jason's superb customer service and have shared your comments with him. Thank you again and hope to see you again in the near future.
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed here twice on business travel and expect many more upcoming trips. The hotel is beautifully decorated and modern. The rooms maintain a great use of space with everything you need -- equipped kitchen, new appliances, counter seating, desk space and a spacious bedroom and bathroom combination. The gym is new and has all the great equipment from treadmills to stationary bike, cross trainer, and free weights. There is also a nice pool and jacuzzi. I LOVE the fact that they have breakfast AND an early in the evening light meal. I usually save on dinner $$ because this keeps me from being overly hungry and blowing my budget. The front desk staff was very friendly. It's not often I remember names but Lydia, Elizabeth, Dale, and Bianca have been standouts for me and have made my stay memorable with their friendly and welcoming service.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites might be a little quieter without hearing the "white noise" of kitchen...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
CityGirlSanFrancisco,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great feedback about your recent stays here in our Hotel. We are especially happy that you were so pleased with multiple members of our staff and have created a memorable experience for you. We are so happy you have decided to stay with us and look forward to seeing you again on your future trips to the area.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway

Been to Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!