“Good experience”

Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend of the 19th. Family and I had several rooms for wedding event. Staff was helpful. Laurie was the best help ever with getting rooms situated and conference room together throughout the whole process. Prices were pretty reasonable. Newer hotel so rooms were updated and really nice. Would definitely recommend to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Ihsan1906,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway for your stay. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your rooms and the amenities that are offered here. I'm especially glad that you were happy with your experience with Lorrie. I will be sure to share your feedback with her and the team. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town and thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice and fairly new. Even the common area were well kept. As someone travels frequently for work I am familiar with Residence Inn staying there 3-4 months out the year for work. The hotel had great amenties, although there were some issues.
The shower drain was clogged and would not drain. We stayed four nights and the hotel staff attempted to fix but the problem continued. The staff person who had come by the room made a call and told someone on the other end this room is out of order and knew the problem existed beforehand. The room should have never been rented until this was repaired.
During our stay we ask for room cleaning twice in both instances the housekeeper came to clean the rooms at 09:30 am in which we were sleeping or getting ourselves ready plus two children. Shouldn't they have waited until checkout? Or clean another room where someone had checked out? We were not due for check out until days later. Both times the cleaning ladies ask for a time to come back, well they didn't. This is even after calling the front desk to remind them the second time.
On the day we left we walk out to our vehicle and found the SUV next to us sitting on blocks. There were three cars in the parking lot that we vandalized. Not the hotels fault but just beware.
All in all it was an okay stay, but staff needs to communicate better and be on the same page.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lavelle A
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Lavelle G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I want to sincerely apologize for the problems experienced with your drain and the housekeeping services. I can assure you I have addressed these issues with our housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure they do not occur again. I would like to opportunity to discuss the situation with you a bit more and resolve these issues to your satisfaction. Please contact me at abender@thmc.biz and we discuss these matters further. I appreciate you sharing your experience at our hotel and hope you will consider us for another stay in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for a trip to see an event at FedEx field. The hotel is the closest to the stadium but unfortunately there is no walkway there and cabs can't really take you there so you have to walk about 2 miles out of your way to get to the stadium and back to the hotel (as the crow flies it's maybe half a mile but there is nowhere to walk and lots of fencing and busy roads). For big events, they should think about running a shuttle if they can but it seems the geniuses at the stadium don't allow any vehicles within a mile of it if you don't pay the $40 parking fee so maybe it's not possible.

We stayed in a two bedroom which was immaculately clean, spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was not bad but was of lesser quality than the other Residence Inn's I have stayed in but still not too bad. Found the staff to be friendly and courteous. I would stay here again.

Harry M,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway for your stay. I'm glad you found our Two Bedroom Suite spacious, very comfortable and immaculate. We do appreciate your feedback about the shutte service and we are currently looking into adding this service to our facility. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in town and thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The property is very nice but management is POOR! The hotel overbooked itself and some in our party had to wait 2 hours for accommodations. The continental breakfast was so small and was served late every morning. Fireplace was broken, pull out couch had NO bedding.
Furthermore, we were not told that there would be a $100 deposit plus a $20 per night deposit ON TOP of the room stay. We made our concerns known to the property manager Anthony and he seemed unconcerned and he was a tad rude to say the least.

I will say this...there was a very nice young lady at the front desk during the evening shift. Her name was Latifah, I remember because i asked her to pronounce her name for me and she said, "it's like Queen Latifah." She was working on the evening shift when we realized we had no bedding and she was very helpful.

What good is a beautiful hotel if management is going to be poor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Anthony B, General Manager at Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hello JaymeSpeaks

We appreciate you staying at our hotel and sharing your comments about your experience. We will take your insights into account as we look to continuously improve our operation. We did our best to get your entire group checked into the hotel quickly upon your early arrival at 1pm. We apologize we could not get everyone in right away, as were not expecting the multiple rooms that booked outside your rooming block. We do apologize for the confusion on the $100 deposit and are currently revisiting this policy. We have also made changes to better communicate this information to future groups and have started including it in our contracts. Thank you for the good comments you had about Latifah and the service she provided you with and have shared them with the team. Please feel free to contact me directly at 301-925-7806 if you would like to discuss your stay further.

A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This Hotel had all the amenities when checking in there was much confusion with the rooms there was a black lady at the front desk who still held her composure together through the confusion I don't remember her name but compliments to her on the way she handle herself on the other hand there was a white man checking us in sorry I did not get his name either he was very deceitful and sneaking by giving me and my party a handicap room instead of the 1 bedroom we made reservations for we asked him was there a problem with finding our name when our name should have appeared like everyone else's in our group he lied and said no and me and my party had to end up coming back up to the front desk and deal with the same man who was acting like he did not want to make our adjustments eventually we got the room we were suppose to have in the first place breakfast was very poor as far as organization and service went over all the hotel was lovely improvement on getting more staff thanks again to the professionall black women

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read the experience you and your group had. Our team has high expectations for providing a quality experience and unfortunately based on your explanation we did not live up to your expectations or our own. I welcome an opportunity to discuss this with you further and can be reached at abender@thmc.biz

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I must say my stay was very enjoyable. My only concern was the $100 deposit, you guys should have that visible on your website, if you guys take a credit card and if/or there are damages charge the credit card I don't think that should be a surprise when you check in. The grill area was absolutely beautiful. The pool was clean, and breakfast was decent. I am a Maryland resident I felt like I was out of town I will be staying again. I must add the staff was excellent.

Room Tip: Get a studio it is fabolous

Lashea202,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you were very satisfied with your stay, especially with the staff service. I also appreciate your comments about the $100 deposit. We are currently in the process of revisiting this policy and have made some changes to increase awareness of the policy for those guests booking with us online. Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived at the Residence Inn last Saturday, to a very friendly and accommodating staff, and an almost new, very clean and comfortable room. We wanted something that accommodated our family, but provided easy access to the city. We rented a car and drove in (also hit Baltimore), but the Metro is super close if you choose that. There are several new places to eat close, as well as markets to stock up on soda and snacks for the room. Every single staff person I have come in contact with always speaks and is very helpful. Would definitely stay here again! PS) If you are coming to a Redskins Football game, you are minutes from the stadium here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be in a nice spot.

Travelsaplenty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such great feedback about your stay here in our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear you were very satisfied with your stay with us for your trip to Washington, DC and Baltimore. I was very excited to share the feedback with the team recently as they take great pride in every guests experience. Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
0 mi away
Hotel Largo
#3 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!