“Clean room, rest of experience was not great.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo

Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean room, rest of experience was not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for one night during a business trip.

Pros-
-Check in was quick
-Room was clean and comfortable

Cons
-The lobby and hallways smelled strongly of a combination of mustiness and cigarette smoke
-During breakfast there was a very large school group eating. There was a line of about 30-40 kids all crowding the dining area waiting to eat. I ended up just having to drive down the street to IHOP to get out of there. The hotel should have either notified the guests that this group would be there or have set up other accommodations for them.

Overall this was a very average experience. If rates were comparable I'd probably stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Laxw09,

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear you found the rooms clean and comfortable. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is unfortunate your stay was negatively impacted by your breakfast experience. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were going to a late night Washington Redskins game and needed a place nearby to stay after the game was over. Rooms were available by check-in so we were able to take a nap before the game which was at *:30 PM. Even though our room was near the elevator and on the second floor near the open area above the lobby, we heard no noise and the hotel were filled with NFL Team guests. Travel to and from FEDEX stadium took about 15r minutes each way. The breakfast provided was the usual fare, but it always helps when the staff is courteous and the area is clean. Parking was safe and secure. . We got a regular room with 2 beds. It was a nice size and had a microwave and mini-fridge. We would recommend this hotel to travelers to the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

On a recent trip to see the Redskins play the Bears (redskins won of ccourse), this was in no way your typical Holiday Inn Express. It had a Free GREAT breakfast, and the parking was free, and teh room was large and lookerd like it was just decorated. The room was spotless, the bathroom was also large and well lighted. The TV worked great and the Hotel had free wifi. Best of all was the shower. It put out hot water and a ton of it. Most hotel; showers you hasve to wait for 5 minutes for hot water, not here!! The shower head was so good, I almost wanted to forget teh Redskin game and just stand in teh shower, yes, it was that good. No watere pressure problems here, it was powerful and I even asked for the brand and where I could get myself for my home showers. this is not your typical Holiday inn Express, but it is expensive, but what do you expect being about 1 mile from Fedex field and teh redskins!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jerry B
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I've stayed here at least twice now and it is not a bad hotel. The staff are very courteous, helpful and professional. The rest of the hotel was nothing special.

The decor in the room was a little dated. Definitely on the older side for this hotel chain. The bed was fairly comfortable, with the exception of the pillows, which were like sheets of cardboard. Just double them up and it's not as bad. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner also functioned very well. Most hotel room AC units affect my allergies and this one didn't. The fan would also run continuously, which is great for drowning out the slight sound of traffic on the interstate. The best part of the room was definitely the HD, flat screen TVs. It seemed like I had to sign into the internet multiple times per day. That's always an inconvenience. The bathroom had a nice, large, granite counter top. The shower was completely dated and drained very slowly.

I know that all Holiday Inn Expresses have the same breakfast choices, but I'd have to say that this one was not prepared very well at all. The workout room was decent. It included two treadmills, an elliptical trainer and a seated bike. I did like the rack of dumb bells, which is quite rare in this hotel chain. I did wish the weights went up to 50 lbs rather than 25. Don't step on the scale in there though as it told me I weighed about 70 lbs heavier than I am (laughing).

I stayed here for business, but it is probably a great option for a Red Skins game as the stadium is located right down the street. There is a nice grocery store across the street as well and it is located right off the I-95/Beltway.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. I gave it three stars because it is mediocre for the most part. Please keep in mind that I would probably never rate a Holiday Inn Express higher than 4 stars.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Trent M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the common areas of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Irving, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was not the first time we stayed here. We always stay here. The services are always wonderful! Everybody has smile on their face.BIt feels good. No problem so far.We want to come back again and again!!!
Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013
Delaware City, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I stayed during the Redskins game. My room was very clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The hotel is in walking distance to shopping and restuarants. They have a complimentary shuttle...that drop-off and pick-up. We would definitely stay at this location again. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank S K
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Hotel clean and great location to FedEx field, great front desk staff, good free breakfast, mattresses very hard worn out, like sleeping on floor, pillows and linen worn out also. These items need to be replaced badly. Wonderful shuttle driver. Will not stay again until updates are made.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Leachtravelexpert,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you loved the cleanliness of our hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the buffet breakfast at the same time I am a little disappointed that your were not able to sleep well.

I do not know when you stayed with us last time but we have recently replaced all our mattresses. I am looking into the linen quality, as we hold ourselves to very high standards and worn out linens is totally unacceptable. We are committed to providing great value and service and make sure our guests stay is nothing but pleasant.

I sincerely hope you will give us another look when you are back in the area.

Again, thank you for your time and feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Upper Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!