Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel was in a very quite area and I appreciated they provided a smoking room. The only down fault was only 8 miles from DC downtown but took an hour to get there because of traffic. Metro was close but we did not use it. I would recommend this hotel. We also enjoyed the breakfast and the free parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Glen P,

We are delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We thank you for your valued feedback and hope to see host you again.

thank you.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The rooms and decor are a bit dated, but I am not complaining much because my room was extremely clean. I was given a lovely room with a sitting room AND it had a very clean, spotless jacuzzi tub. My bed was comfortable with clean and new linens and a good mattress; I fell asleep immediately. I was on the 2nd floor and it is true, there is an odor there that needs to be dealt with in the hallway, and my room did have a bit of an odd odor, but I ran the jacuzzi and put some shampoo in and then it was fine. The front desk people were extremely friendly and gave us a map to restaurants close by. There is a wegman's very close, by the way. We chose Ruby Tuesdays which had a great and friendly staff. One more complaint, but just about the breakfast - add some strawberries and make the coffee stronger! If I go to WDC again, I will pick this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for one night during a business trip.

Pros-
-Check in was quick
-Room was clean and comfortable

Cons
-The lobby and hallways smelled strongly of a combination of mustiness and cigarette smoke
-During breakfast there was a very large school group eating. There was a line of about 30-40 kids all crowding the dining area waiting to eat. I ended up just having to drive down the street to IHOP to get out of there. The hotel should have either notified the guests that this group would be there or have set up other accommodations for them.

Overall this was a very average experience. If rates were comparable I'd probably stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Laxw09,

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear you found the rooms clean and comfortable. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is unfortunate your stay was negatively impacted by your breakfast experience. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We were going to a late night Washington Redskins game and needed a place nearby to stay after the game was over. Rooms were available by check-in so we were able to take a nap before the game which was at *:30 PM. Even though our room was near the elevator and on the second floor near the open area above the lobby, we heard no noise and the hotel were filled with NFL Team guests. Travel to and from FEDEX stadium took about 15r minutes each way. The breakfast provided was the usual fare, but it always helps when the staff is courteous and the area is clean. Parking was safe and secure. . We got a regular room with 2 beds. It was a nice size and had a microwave and mini-fridge. We would recommend this hotel to travelers to the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jinxs-Mom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

On a recent trip to see the Redskins play the Bears (redskins won of ccourse), this was in no way your typical Holiday Inn Express. It had a Free GREAT breakfast, and the parking was free, and teh room was large and lookerd like it was just decorated. The room was spotless, the bathroom was also large and well lighted. The TV worked great and the Hotel had free wifi. Best of all was the shower. It put out hot water and a ton of it. Most hotel; showers you hasve to wait for 5 minutes for hot water, not here!! The shower head was so good, I almost wanted to forget teh Redskin game and just stand in teh shower, yes, it was that good. No watere pressure problems here, it was powerful and I even asked for the brand and where I could get myself for my home showers. this is not your typical Holiday inn Express, but it is expensive, but what do you expect being about 1 mile from Fedex field and teh redskins!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jerry B
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I've stayed here at least twice now and it is not a bad hotel. The staff are very courteous, helpful and professional. The rest of the hotel was nothing special.

The decor in the room was a little dated. Definitely on the older side for this hotel chain. The bed was fairly comfortable, with the exception of the pillows, which were like sheets of cardboard. Just double them up and it's not as bad. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner also functioned very well. Most hotel room AC units affect my allergies and this one didn't. The fan would also run continuously, which is great for drowning out the slight sound of traffic on the interstate. The best part of the room was definitely the HD, flat screen TVs. It seemed like I had to sign into the internet multiple times per day. That's always an inconvenience. The bathroom had a nice, large, granite counter top. The shower was completely dated and drained very slowly.

I know that all Holiday Inn Expresses have the same breakfast choices, but I'd have to say that this one was not prepared very well at all. The workout room was decent. It included two treadmills, an elliptical trainer and a seated bike. I did like the rack of dumb bells, which is quite rare in this hotel chain. I did wish the weights went up to 50 lbs rather than 25. Don't step on the scale in there though as it told me I weighed about 70 lbs heavier than I am (laughing).

I stayed here for business, but it is probably a great option for a Red Skins game as the stadium is located right down the street. There is a nice grocery store across the street as well and it is located right off the I-95/Beltway.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. I gave it three stars because it is mediocre for the most part. Please keep in mind that I would probably never rate a Holiday Inn Express higher than 4 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Trent M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the common areas of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was not the first time we stayed here. We always stay here. The services are always wonderful! Everybody has smile on their face.BIt feels good. No problem so far.We want to come back again and again!!!
Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!