“Book Early and Save? Don't do it!!”

Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

To give the briefest story I can imagine, I will start by saying my fiancee and I are taking a US vacation, and travelling to a few places we have always wanted to see. I booked every part of the trip, and made sure each trip had a 24 hr cancellation policy. Weather and circumstances can alter plans, and having a son with epilepsy often means unexpected stops. I understand that sometimes things do not go as plan. Darling fiancee does not. Apparently he inadvertently booked a "Book Early and Save" room that does not allow cancellations.

As I explained to guest relations and the hotel, I 100% understand such a policy not being refundable as you lock into lower rates. However, as guest relations and the hotel confirmed, since the time we booked and to today's rates for this weekend (our check in times) rates have not changed. So to be fair and technical, it's a Book Early and get nothing but no chance to refund and no understanding or even a sympathetic voice from the poor customer relations staff. Admittedly not such a catchy phrase, and perhaps a bit long. Certainly fitting though.

So to sum up, pay months and months in advance and lock in, with no refund or cancellation allowed, and still pay same as if you showed up on door on a Saturday 4 months later.
Great policy.

Will never stay at a Holiday Inn again.

2  Thank Miche155003
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Miche155003,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is very well maintained. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Every room has a refrigerator, micro wave and coffee maker. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and shopping. Also quick drive to Six Flags, and very close to DC. The free breakfast in the hotel was good, and offered a variety of food. The seating area was crowded but clean, and there was always staff to help if you needed something.

2  Thank Jacqueline A
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to find a cheaper alternative to staying in downtown DC, since we got in late and only needed to sleep.
It was affordable and clean. The lobby was very pretty, super neat & clean. We also liked that it was tucked away and private. They also provided breakfast. I would return.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank avam3
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hi we were very pleased with our stay here. We were looking for a place close to metrorail to take un into DC and this was perfect. The shuttle took us and picked us up. Was the only hotel I have ever seen that actually had a lifeguard on duty at the pool. Breakfast was typical and good. We would definitely stay here again next time coming to DC.

2  Thank nightingale725
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for a one night business trip. The place is on the newer side in like a corporate park. It's right off the beltway and super convenient. Clean and quiet. It's about 30 mins from downtown, depending on traffic.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Shefra
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in June 2014 for my sons birthday. Very close to six flags America!!! Also took hotel shuttle to the metro train. (5 min ride) to Washington DC. Staff was great!! No problems taking shuttle just ask at front desk and call when your at train station to get a ride back!
Breakfast was just OK. Powdered eggs tasted weird and coffee is like water!!
The room was very clean!! The only problem was the curtains didn't close all the way to block out the sun. Also NO safe in room for valuables!!! Didn't get room cleaned for that reason. Oh and the pool doesn't open till 4pm during the week!! A good hotel for a short stay!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank annrose28
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If ever there was a hotel that needed renovation, this is it. The room was shabby, with frayed carpet, mildew on the exposed pipes under the bathroom sink, dents in the baseboards, worn out furniture and an air conditioning unit loud enough to wake the dead. Not to mention the overwhelming smell of Clorox as you enter the building, coming from the chlorine pool, I suspect, and a so-called fitness room (more like a closet) that was not especially clean. Despite the very courteous staff, the condition of the building and the room was not welcoming after a day full of meetings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ScubaMaven
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear ScubaMaven,

Thank you for taking the time and evaluating our property and providing your valued feedback.

I am delighted to inform you that we are planning a major renovation of our facility starting next month. All the soft and hard goods have been procured. We are very excited for the exciting makeover our hotel will be getting.

We have a system in place to diligently check our Air units, when we are running high occupancies we usually inspect our units twice a day so that our guests get a comfortable stay. In some cases they fail us at odd hours causing guest inconvenience.

Upon my research the chlorine smell was not from the pool as pool uses bromine since it is an indoor heated pool and does not have that pungent odor as chlorine. I do not know your exact stay dates however, upon sharing your review with my team I was told that we had recently cleaned our lobby floor tiles using a tile group product which has smell similar to chlorine or we may have shampooed the breakfast/lobby carpet.

Once again we are sorry for the experience that you had at our property. We are very confident we will be your hotel of choice when you are in the area after our renovations are completed.
Very Respectfully,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!