Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Laurel, United States
“Poor”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I was unable to find this property and i had placed several telephone calls and spoke with the front desk who had given me the wrong directions...not once but twice....I reserved two queen beds that looked like two twin beds with a little extra space....in the Breakfast area....there were items not there or they had very little of.....I do not think I will ever choose this property again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Darnell J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, 28 November 2013
I have read your comments with great concern and in the first instance would like to offer my sincere apologies. As a leisure service provider, we aim to provide an accessible service which is presented in a helpful, informative and courteous manner.

We have two dffirent room types at our property. Dble ( 2 full size beds) and king (one king size bed). I will speak with our staff to ensure all of our breakfast area items are prepared and available.

Thank you for staying with us. We know you have many options and we are excited you had chosen to stay with our hotel family. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I travel a great deal for work and generally select hotels based more on convenience than catering to a particular chain. This is the first time I have stayed at this Hampton although I am a HHonors Member and familiar with the brand. My experience could not have been better. The friendliness and the professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness and appearance of the facility, the complementary breakfast stood out. I stayed for several days and the thing that most impressed me was when I returned to my room after each work day away to find that my room was just as clean as it was when I walked in on day 1. The staff cared and obviously respected the owner and wanted to ensure that the guests enjoyed their experience - I certainly did!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being a HHonors Member and for your kinds words. We know you have many options and we are excited you had chosen to stay with our hotel family. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Virginia
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

When you stay at a Hampton Inn, there's a certain standard you expect. Well, this Hampton Inn doesn't live up to it. Upon arriving, I went to check-in. I stood at the front desk several minutes, nobody there. Finally, the agent came out (wiping his mouth as it appeared he was eating dinner). I had a reservation for a king bed and had e-checked in. He told me that room was not available as the carpet smelled of cigarette smoke (100% non-smoking room-go figure !). He said he had no more king beds except for the handicap room. I told him never mind and just put me in the double room. When I get into my room, guess what, I'm in the kind handicap room ! I went to dinner and left my room key in the room. Upon returning, I stopped at the front desk to get another key. Nobody there ! After several minutes, the agent gets off the couch in the lobby, where he was watching Two and a Half Men ! Now for the room - the AC/Heating unit is extremely loud. The rooms are not very quiet. The person in the room next to me decided to get up at 3:45am and I heard every drawer open, every hanger jingle and toilet flush ! The hotel is somewhat isolated but within minutes of restaurants. You only get one chance to impress, and I was far from impressed with the service of this Hampton Inn. I would definitely recommend you look elsewhere !

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Itsjustme47
Darnell J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, 1 November 2013
I have read your comments with great concern and in the first instance would like to offer my sincere apologies for the ineffective level of service which you received. As a leisure service provider, we aim to provide an accessible service which is presented in a helpful, informative and courteous manner.

In this regard, I am extremely disappointed that you experienced problems at our property. It is unacceptable that you received such unhelpful service and such a degree of inconvenience for you. This situation is not representative of the service as an entirety, I can assure you we will now take the appropriate action to ensure the situation is remedied.
Oakland, Maryland
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Ever since the Manager Tammy left the hotel has been in a constant decline. They have promised to update the furniture for years and still have not. Refrigerators freeze your food and you have to throw half of it away. Couch and chairs like rocks .

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I certainly understand your frustration with the service that was provided. Please accept my sincere apologies. We will make every effort to see that this never happens again. We appreciate your business and will do everything we can to serve your needs. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss your concerns.
Winchester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This Hampton Inn is very much like the others - good value, friendly staff, in a down-market, minimally staffed package. The complimentary breakfast isn't great, and if you're on a non-dairy diet, there's very little to eat; and the coffee is pretty bad - too much robusta, resulting in that hyper-jittery, heart-burny feeling. The Laurel neighborhood is a bit scary (it didn't help that a police officer was shot nearby on the day I stayed there). Hotel security is ok, but there are much better neighborhoods to choose from.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments alerting us to the concerns you had with our property. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns very quickly, so what you have experienced is inexcusable.

I extend my own apologies for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. It is apparent that we need to train our staff more thoroughly.

Please contact the hotel directly so we may discuss your concerns further.
Wilmington, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

No issues during this stay. I use this hotel frequently for business travel. Close enough to DC and the price is reasonable. Free breakfast is a plus and is always of good quality. Room was clean. I've never had any issues with the staff. I frequently see them helping new arrivals with questions they have regarding the area. I travel to this area enough that I'm not in need of their services, but they appear to be a very willing, friendly staff in that regard. There are several places nearby for eating and even shopping if you're in need of something for the rest of your stay. Hotel always has been quiet so no issues with noise.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us. We know you have many options and we are excited that you had chosen to stay with our hotel family. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
New London, CT
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Where do I begin?
The room smelled like urine as soon as we entered it and it got worse when we turned on the air conditioner.
The shower curtain rod was broken which caused the shower curtain to slide open during the shower resulting in standing water on the entire bathroom floor.
The creamer for the coffee was sour, could not drink.
There was no fidge, or microwave.
Everything in the room seemed dirty, went out a bought some Lysol cleaner and paper towels to do our own cleaning.
We could hear the neighbors next to our room talking almost a clearly as if they were in our room and naturally they did not retire until after midnight.
The area matched the room, dirty and unfriendly. Could not find a restaurant that we felt comfortable in, ended up at a Wendy's (looked safe in terms of bacteria count).
We will NEVER stay in this area again!!
I am planning to send my comments to Hampton Inn advising them to either fix this place, or take the Hampton Inn sign down, it does not come close to the standards that I am used to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Darnell J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, 16 October 2013
We sincerely apologize for your experience. Please contact the hotel directly so that we may discuss your experience further.