“Excellent treatment”

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to me by a fellow colleague who only stays at this location during frequent business trips. Because of the nature of my business, I travel at least once a month and have stayed at many hotels. I absolutely loved the manager Darnell because he was very accommodating and extremely friendly. When I had business partners in the area to come by, they spoke his hospitality as well. I will only stay at this location when doing business in Maryland.

• Stayed: January 2014
Stacey S, Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello,

I am so pleased we were able to deliver such excellent treatment for you and each time you visit us! We strive to be consistent with our level of service and have each guest feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. I will pass on your kind comments to our team!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have stayed at this Hampton for the first time and I have to say it was nothing short of excellent customer service. Unfortunately the hotel has been undergoing construction during my stay, but the new decor seemed very inviting and comforting. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The general manager, Darel or Darnell, was very friendly and attentive when it came to addressing a change in my initial booking. The hot breakfast was ok with decently fresh fruit and plenty of options and variety. Overall this hotel is defiantly a recommendation of mine for anyone in the area looking for a clean, friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2014
Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Mr. Smith,

I am so pleased to know you were treated well during your stay and you find our hotel to be inviting and welcoming for you. I believe the new renovations will give us a refreshed feeling all around and we are excited to have this complete soon. I will pass on your kind review to everyone! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

A friend and I stayed in a double room at this hotel for one night. One of the beds had filthy sheets on it. We ended up sharing the other bed since we were checking out the next day. I've stayed at numerous Hampton Inns and this has been my worst experience as far as cleanliness.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Darnell J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Hello PineshaH. I certainly understand your frustration with the service that was provided. I have no record of this concern being reported to anyone at the property. I would have liked the opportunity to have made this right for you and your guest. Please accept my sincere apologies. We will make every effort to see that this never happens again. Please contact the hotel directly to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I won't go back. Darnell [--] who at first seemed to be a very friendly Manager, I needed a remote control for my room. I walked up to the counter. Manager ignored me as he stood staring at another person's laptop. I stood there without acknowledgement for 5 minutes. I broke their silence and said, "Can I ask a quick question?" He broke his stare and looked up at me. I said, "My remote isn't working; do you have any batteries or do you have another one?" He looked irritated that I had spoken and curtly said, "Yes I do", and proceeded to stare at the other man's computer once again. I stood there until the silence was obvious. I told him that I was in room 217. I asked him if he got the number and I got no reply. I have no idea what was going on there but I know something was. I went back to my room and called corporate and asked them to get me a remote. A few minutes later, the Manager called and said that he was checking in guests and that he did not have time to bring me the remote. He went on to say that I could pick it up at the desk. I said, "That would be fine". He immediately hung up on me without a salutation of any kind...RUDE. I walked up to the desk and placed my old remote on the counter. He didn't acknowledge me again and simply placed the new one next to mine and turned and walked away. As I walked away, I told this fellow, "You know you didn't handle this right. He asked what did I say and I repeated my comment. What is up with this guy? I'd never seen him before in my life. Hampton Inn's have ALWAYS been the best. I am shocked at his behavior. Come on people! I can spend my money anywhere! Is it too much to ask for a little courtesy?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello Devon,

I wanted to show my appreciation for your reaching out to us to share your feedback. This is very important to us as we are making great strides to improve our service and hotel. I have taken each word of your review to heart and will do everything possible to ensure that no other guest has this same experience here. I have just recently taken over managing the hotel so please be assured, I take customer service very seriously and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

While at the front desk to correct what should have been a very minor problem with TV remote control batteries, the manager and his associate ignored my presence while playing on a tablet computer toy. I stood there for 5+ minutes and made noise to be noticed. I was still ignored. Once I finally interrupted, the manager was less than pleasant and continued to be so throughout my stay until check out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello James,

I am truly sorry you encounted such a negative experience while staying with us. I have just recently taken over as general manager of this hotel and will do everything possible to ensure our level of customer service improves and actually exceeds the expecations of our guests. Please think about giving us another chance as we are working very hard to make improvements. I would love to have an opporutnity to show you how we are moving in a positive direction.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was on a road trip and I saw a Hampton Inn sign on I-95. I figured it was an easy on and easy off location close to the interstate. Not. It was an about 4.5 miles from the highway with many turns to get there. I wasn't too crazy about the location the hotel was in. There is major construction going on in the hotel. Hopefully it will be nice when complete. Not sure I would stay here on a future visit considering the location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you rossvin324 for your letter alerting us to the problem you had with our property. I am sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. We are currently renovating our property. The projects will be completed in phases and the finished product will look amazing. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns very quickly, so what you have experienced is inexcusable. I extend my own apologies for the inconvenience this problem has caused you.Please contact the hotel directly so we may discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

When I am in the area, about 3 times a year, this is my place to stay. They are currently remodeling the lobby. The staff have always been so easy to work with. The location is convenient to so many things and the MD/DC area. We find it easy to catch the Metro to go into DC at the Greenbelt station. Columbia/Baltimore is close as well. Right near the hotel are plenty of restaurants - I suggest Pasta Plus - and any shopping areas. This hotel is a great value and I tend to be picky about where I stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred B
Darnell J, Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello FredB, thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay and for always choosing the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC!! We strive to make every guest experience a fun and memorable one and by your comments, it looks as if we succeeded!! I will be sharing your review with all of our staff as a motivational tool and for recognition. Anytime you are in the Laurel area, please stop by and say hello. Have a great day FredB and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!