“Hassle-free, inexpensive catering WIN!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hassle-free, inexpensive catering WIN!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our office has used Pepperjack's for luncheon sandwiches in recent months, but this was the first that I've hired them for a personal event.

I was very pleased with the entire process--having sent an email with exactly what I wanted to purchase, Lauren contacted me promptly. We ordered 50 various mini-subs and potato salad for our outdoor family picnic. The food was fresh, well put-together, and ready for pick up exactly as ordered. Tomatoes and mayo were packaged on the side and the sandwiches were stacked neatly in covered trays. The potato salad was packaged in an aluminum pan with covering.

Our party guests were very pleased with the subs and several asked where we purchased from. All in all this was a great experience and we will definitely hire again!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great find on a side road but still averGe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We had three sandwiches. I would go back again but I still feel it's an average type of deli. I guess for this area it's highly rated because it's rare to find delis. I'm not sure why it's a deli and they mostly sell subs. No breakfast, no fruits, nothing like a deli but it is a sub shop. The roast beef melt was good and so was the ruben. I would not do the Italian sub again as they put some type of house dressing in it that have it not the typical oil vinegar oregano taste. Was disappointed because how can you go wrong with cold cuts right? But like I said of go back if I wanted a sub and was in the area. The bread they use is pretty good and I think that's what sets them apart from like a subway or Quiznos.

Laurel, Maryland
“Great subs within walking distance of our neighborhood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

A wide variety of excellent subs made with really fresh green lettuce (they use local farmer produce) and home baked sub rolls. We've tried just about everything on the menu over the years. The Boardwalk fries are as real as Ocean City's. PJ's is off a side road where you'd never know about it if a local didn't tell you. The milkshakes are good too. My favorite: roast beef signature sub. Also the chicken salad and Italian cold cut subs are good. If you're tired of Jerry's and Subway when you want a sub in Laurel, this is the place to go for a cut above those.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Amazing Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Really great, locally owned/operated, sandwich spot... they take pride in what they serve and it is clearly apparent in the finished product

Coming from new york, we are spoiled with fresh meat/bread/condiments/etc... this place is as close as one could hope for when travelling (or even if you live locally and want a really good substitute!)

Would strongly reccomend this vs ANY of the other local competition.

• Visited October 2013
Laurel, MD
“Headed to Florida from NYC. STOP HERE TO EAT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Ok, now this place isn't Katz, or even a good Jewish deli in one of the outer boroughs, but they make a really nice sandwich here. My personal favorite, with apologies to the fine Jewish delis' in NYC, is their Reuben. Perfect balance of meat, bread, kraut, cheese and dressing. Yum. The roast beef with mozzarella and balsamic is also quite nice, and their meatball sub is surprisingly good (for a non-Italian deli.) The fries and chicken wings are also good, and in the summer there's outstanding ice cream. This place is literally a mom and pop store which occupies a former general store from the days that the area half an hour outside of Baltimore and DC was farmland. You can sit outside and look at one of the last cow pastures in the area, although they haven't had cows there for about four years or so. Mostly high school kids behind the counter, but don't let that stop you - the quality is outstanding no matter who is behind the counter. Perfect place to stop and catch a meal on your way to Florida, or to catch your breath before driving into DC.

Visited October 2013