“It's Italian”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Columbia, Maryland
“It's Italian”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you are looking for Italian, go straight here. Authentic, consistently great and easy to get to. Only downside might be getting in. Sometimes the line goes out the door. that should tell you something about the place. We have been coming back for years !!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 64briggs

Olney MD
“Exceptional food in an out of the way location”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Located in a small strip mall in Laurel near an Arby's off Route 1, the food is exceptional. I've now eaten there twice and loved both meals. I had the seafood over pasta(Linguini frutti di mare) with marinara sauce the first time, and the chicken parmigiana the second time. I have had good frutti di mare before, but the chicken parmigiana was the best I've ever had, and I'm from New York.
They make their own pasta. A good staff and great food at a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2014
Irvington, New York
“Delicious homemade pasta”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Unassuming restaurant in a strip mall but truly a delicious meal. I had freshly made squid ink pasta that came with tons of seafood. My daughter had a delicious fettuccine Alfredo. Good bread. Great mixed salad. Friendly waitress. It was the best meal of our trip. I was actually a but sad that her sports team didn't make it to the finals because that would have meant one more day in the area and another meal here. We did have to wait for a table but it wasn't too bad a wait.

Visited May 2014
Gambrills, Maryland
“Food and service has gone down since my last visit”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My parents and I went to Pasta Plus for a birthday dinner of a good friend of ours and it was just mediocre. The food and service has gone down since when my family last visited in November. Our server was an old woman and she was just ok. The bread we had looked like it was a day old but our pastas were good. My mom had brought a Boston Creme Pie for dessert and they would not let us serve it. They let us choose a dessert from the menu which was mediocre at best. Overall, It is a really old restaurant and if I had to go back, I would but if I had to pick someplace to eat I would not choose Pasta Plus.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jen H
Annapolis, Maryland
“Don't Bother Unless The Restaurant Area is Open”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

So for those unfamiliar with Pasta Plus, the establishment is broken down into two areas: the Market and the Restaurant. The restaurant is open intermittently during lunch hours and a few times a week during dinner hours, the rest of the time, the market area is only open. Unfortunately, they never post the hours the restaurant is open versus the market so it's primarily a coin toss on figuring out which area will be open. I have been coming to this restaurant since 2009 and now that I live in Annapolis, I don't come here as often anymore because it's about a 30 minute drive from my house, but I made the drive yesterday for dinner and I actually ended up leaving without eating.

So yesterday, I get there and only the Market area is open and the few times I've eaten there something awful happens like the first time we ate there and after we had eaten and were perusing the area where they sell italian noodles, cookies, and other things we found a roach crawling out of the box i had pulled out out of the shelf to look at. I got super grossed out and mentioned it to the person at the counter and said they would handle it. This time, when I got there, all of the tables in the Market where occupied so I was told by the lady in the counter it should be about a 15 minute wait and she didn't write my name down anywhere. Shortly after I arrived, 4 other groups looking to eat arrived, and when the first two tables that opened up, they gave the tables to the other groups instead of mine because the girl at the counter was too busy on her phone to notice the wrong people were sat down. I made a comment that we were next and she just looked at me and said "Oh sorry" and went back on her phone. At this time I got very upset because Candy Crush was obviously more important to this girl than actually doing her job, but decided to wait because I really like the food and I drove 30 minutes to come here. Then, the third table opened up and as I was ready to walk over there to ensure that nobody else jumped in front of me, a server grabbed a different group and proceeded to sit them down. At this time, I realized that I would never get a table at this place and walked out.

Again, I've been a customer here since 2009 and had lucked out that I had been primarily sat in the restaurant area where the service is exponentially better. I had bad experiences in the market area before that I was willing to disregard, but the level of disrespect shown yesterday was unbelievable and complete uncalled for so I will NEVER eat here again or recommend the place to anyone especially since it's in a bad area in Laurel.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Oompa03

Been to Pasta Plus? Share your experiences!