“first time Washington was great. the room was really great...”

Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Laurel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Oceanside, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was next not clean and very bad area as well. We do however like the privacy the Inn gave us but they didn't tell us about all the transits hanging out across the street and at the second hand store very close to the property. I would have left but couldn't get my money back because it was booked in conjunction with my airline ticket and i would have lost over $500 bucks!! The gay/lesbian bar across the street was nice though...but they are loud into the wee hours of the mornings...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SnoopysWife
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

we stayed here for one night while passing through to a convention at FedEx field. the price of the hotel was great- only $58! we had a suite with a sofa and 2 beds plus breakfast. the hotel made a very nice appearance from the road, and the lobby is very nice. At first we were assigned a room without a sofa bed, but the front desk employee quickly resolved that issue. The room is aging a bit, but for the most part it was clean and fairly comfortable. The sofa bed was the one item that had certainly seen better days, but since most of the time kids get stuck sleeping on them it is probably not a big deal. We would most certainly stay here again, especially for that price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
HOUSTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent stay. The hotel is clean and pleasant. The check was fast. And the room especially the jacuzzi was amazing. I have stayed in Jacuzzi rooms where the jacuzzi was dirty or a film around the tub. Days Inn was exceptional. And if you stay here Mitch, one of the managers was the very best staffing person I ever met. Helpful, knowledgeable and went the extra 2 miles for me. The breakfast was ok. The coffee hot and decent. Not as strong as I like but serviceable. Towels smelt fresh not stuffy and the staff cleaned exceptionally well. Definitely a revisit is in order. And I will call ahead to make sure Mitch is on duty.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The property looks ok from the outside. The hotel is conveniently situated near the highways. The room was very average and needed maintenance and updating; carpets stained, tub damaged, sink counter damaged, not very many channels available on the TV. I got some ice from the machine off the lobby and found black stuff embedded in the cubes. After looking closely I determined it was mold and I pointed it out to the front desk person. She didn't have much of a response, and just looked at me in that, "what do you want me to do about it look." There is a breakfast offered but it's minimal. On the two days I was there they offered coffee, orange juice bread for making toast and there was a bain-marie with over cooked scrambled eggs. This hotel charges $2.50 per night for the in-room safe. I requested for the charge to be removed and was told by the front desk person that it can't be removed because of hotel policy. Upon checkout I requested the safe charge be removed and again was told that it would not be removed because of hotel policy. I advised the front desk person that this charge was not disclosed at the time of my reservation and I showed her the reservation printout to which her response was that I should speak with management and they wouldn't be in until around 10 am. Since I was checking out at 6am I felt it wasn't worth the hassle and would attempt to get the charge reversed through my credit card company.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I signed up for a 2 Bed Queen Executive Suite online, when I arrived at the hotel I was given a regular 2 bed queen room. This was clearly not the room I wanted to stay in, I was told that I would have to pay more money in order to stay in the executive suite.(REALLY). My comformation from the hotel clearly stated a 2 Bed Queen Executive Suite and the clerk was not willing to give me what I had aready been charged for. She said oh do you want to cancel (what) the contract states that if you cancel you will be charged 89.00 and other fees. (Really I'm just going to give you 89.00 + for nothing). I room was not up to my standards of a quality hotel. I could have gotten better for the price paid. Don't reserve online book in person so you can see what you are getting into.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Laurel hotels

London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had been allocated a room (139) in the separate block and found it very convenient and that explained what I couldn't understand when booking, so I was able to park outside my door and didn't find it too inconvenient having to go to the main building for Breakfast and use of the Business Centre. The location was at right angles to a very busy road, so I was not disturbed by traffic noise and the room was very clean, well appointed and comfortable and I enjoyed my 4 nights stay.

Room Tip: Be aware that there 2 buildings as you may have a preference for either an outside or inside entranc...