“Best in Laurel”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
North Carolina
“Best in Laurel”
Reviewed 12 January 2008

The room was clean, the service was good, and the staff was helpful and courteous. The only complaint is that the coffee in the lobby was not hot or fresh. It is located next to the metro train to Washington. Our room was located on that side of the hotel. I heard absolutely nothing. I used the reviews found on this website to make my decision on where to stay in Laurel. I am glad that I did. I drove by all of the other hotels in Laurel. I would not stay at any of them. The breakfast was not the best ever, but I did not expect it to be. This is a discount hotel chain. The rate I paid corresponded to the services offered. They did have wireless internet that worked great. I recommend that you stay here when in Laurel.

• Liked — location, staff, services
  • Disliked — fresh coffee not available all day
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Candybee2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 December 2007

The hotel was overall extremely new and clean. There was no hot tub but the pool was a good temperature and fairly large. Also, many towels were located next to the pool. The fitness center was very new. The shower in the room was very nice and the TV was of good quality. The wireless internet worked well. The only problem with the hotel is its closeness to a train. In the morning at 5:30 AM, I could hear the train outside my window. The hotel was still excellent and I would definitely recommend it.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the hotel
  • Disliked — The train whistling in the early hours of the morning
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank YTW5
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 26 November 2007

I highly recommend this Hotel.
I Coach and travel with a Youth Ice Hockey Team and their families; we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The Staff was professional, courteous and very helpful.
This is a new property, the rooms and bathrooms are very clean and spacious, the lighting in the room is excellent.

We are very particular about the Hotels we stay in on the road, this was our first experience with Sleep Inn and Suites.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank rsm9692
soccermom88
Reviewed 13 November 2007

I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites last week and i really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are clean, big and very comfortable. I love that they have a microwave and refrigerator. My kids had a lot of fun in the pool and breakfast was also good. Overall I had a wonderful stay and I will always come back to this hotel

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — breakfast time 7-10
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank soccermom88
Boston
Reviewed 18 October 2007

Was expecting a great place based on prior reviews but was disappointed. Directions from Baltimore airport, provided on hotel webpage, were inaccurate. Hotel is very difficult to find because after taking the appropriate exit off I- 195, you are forced onto US1 south.

The hotel is just off US1 north - but there is a "wall" of trees, buildings - such that from US1 South, you cannot see US1 north and therefore, cannot see the hotel. I drove into Laurel and asked several people for directions to the hotel and invariably the response was: "I've had lots of people asking the same thing but I have no idea where the place is!" I ended up driving a LONG way in the wrong direction, made a u turn, and began retracing my steps. Retracing put me onto US 1 North. I stumbled onto the hotel by luck.

Other gripes: there is a PC for internet use in the lobby. Unfortunately, it was not configured properly so that I could not log on. Room 214 was clean but as soon as I flushed the toilet, the handle broke. Moved to another room on the third floor and wanted to shower. The shower door handle fell off. Next morning, went down for coffee. No coffee cups. Wanted to move to another hotel but couldn't find a decent place on short notice; decided to stick it out a second night.

Front desk staff was sympathetic, apologetic but I got the feeling that management was "missing in action". There appeared to be other newly built chain hotels in the area. I would probably try them before the Sleep Inn.

In my prior travels, I have had better luck with the Hampton Inns. The one in Laurel was sold out when I was traveling and hence my foray into the Sleep Inn.

My two cents. Good Luck.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
3 Thank phantomturtle

Travellers are raving about these Laurel hotels

New York
Reviewed 19 September 2007

Stayed at Sleep Inn while my Dad was in the hospital. Staff was friendly. Hotel clean, it's fairly new. Couple things to note. Breakfast is free, basic, get there early, it goes fast. Pool inside not as warm as I like. Exercise room, clean. There are no flat screen tvs in the room. Refrig and microwave a plus. Pillows are real soft if you like that. Bathroom big and plenty of outlets. Only negative and due to my own fault, do not place room cards near cell phone or keys, I finally realized it de-magnets the card. It was a good hotel for the area. Laurel itself has its good areas and not so good areas, please stay away from the Laurel Mall! Actually drive the 20 minutes or so and go to Columbia. We ate at Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs and Champps Americana, delicious!

• Liked — Clean and new hotel
  • Disliked — It is not on Washington Street like advertised, its on 2nd Street, 1 north, not south!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lulubellemay
phoenix
Reviewed 17 September 2007

SLeep inn is very nice and new. Room was good and was pretty quiet. Neighborhood is very colorful if you know what I mean but everyone is friendly. one of the hotel clerks seemed clueless and thats being nice about it. location is great as youre 10 minutes from college park and 18 minutes from BWI.

Laurel Park is outside your hotel window and thats cool. Paid $85 a night +tax