“Amazed!”

Sakura Japanese Steak and Seafood House
Ranked #18 of 197 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have never been to a teppanyaki restaurant before, so when we visited my brother in law, they decided to take us there. We waited for a little bit, but that was to be expected. I really didn't mind the wait. When we got seated, we were next to other people too, and the waiter took our orders. The chef came out and made our food in front of us. There was TONS of food, and it was very delicious. I ended up taking some home with me, because it was way too much to eat, but it was delicious!!

1  Thank Kristin O

Reviewed 26 December 2012

I would say this place is slightly above average. I picked average because the only other choice was very good and it is not that. I go here for lunch at least once a month. It is your typical Japenese steak house with the tables that the chefs prepare the food in front of you. It is typical in that regard. If you've seen one you've seen them all. The sushi is the highlight of the place. We usually order a special called the red river maki roll with crab instead of tuna. This is worth the stop at Sakura in my opinion. This is a delicious roll but is somewhat pricey. I can get something similar at a Sakura express near my home that is half the price and probably just as good. But in the Laurel area you can only get this here.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I have gone to the establishment for several occasions and they have never let me or my party down. The foods have been prepared to your specifications and the services is over the top. Recommend this resturant to anyone of loves just good eating.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Honestly, if you want food poisoning, this is the place to go. You'd think with Hibachi and the fact that the food is being cooked right in front of you, you'd be in for a good time. But honestly, me and my wife left and spent 3 hours holding our stomachs. Choose some place better like Koto's in Columbia. This place is empty almost every night of the week, because the locals know that it's a terrible place to eat.

Take my advice and go somewhere else.

4  Thank JBoraz
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Excellent Japanese meal and it was a strange experience sitting with strangers but everybody just got on with their own business. The food preparation is too interesting anyway to worry about who is sitting in your group...I was like amazed and Gobsmacked at the way the food was prepared and I will recommend this restaurant if you are in quiet Maryland USA. I will definitely look out for similar ones if there are any in UK..