“Nice size rooms, comfy beds”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Irvington, New York
“Nice size rooms, comfy beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Perfectly fine hotel with friendly staff. We were there for a soccer tournament and our needs were few: clean and comfortable room, breakfast, working internet. Check on all of that. Lots of food choice around. Breakfast was hard to judge because it was in full speed use with lots of soccer girls and boys vying for food. I couldn't get what I wanted but as I said it was an unusually busy time. Staff was very friendly. Room could have been cleaned a bit better -- we found someone left their clothes behind in one of the drawers. And, they made me plunge my own toilet which was a very weird experience, certainly a first for me in a hotel. Shouldn't maintenance do this?????

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sam M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We strive to deliver exceptional services to all our guests and your input is important to help is enhance our performance. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall. You concerns have been shared with the management team and any concerns will be addressed. We hope to see you back here again.

Sara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is certainly a good one as far as location is concerned, but I wanted a heated indoor pool because I have arthritis, and swimming is part of my exercise program. The CAA book stated "heated" indoor pool. When I phoned to book, I asked what time the pool opened, and was told it was open all day. It wasn't, it didn't open until 4 p.m. and the pool was definitely not heated. I complained to the lifeguard, who said that he had complained to management, but nothing had been done.

The running toilet was fixed immediately, so I assume other complaints would have been dealt with quickly as well.

I felt the room could have had a little more attention. There was no liner in the waste baskets on the second day, and one of them had been left sitting on top of the dresser. The small soaps and shampoo had also not been renewed. I just felt that whoever did the cleaning must have been in a hurry. I didn't complain about this, because I thought not much could have been done before we left.

All in all, it is a good hotel, because it was clean, comfortable and breakfast was good. I requested an accessible room, which it was, and check in and out were done very quickly. I just felt that I had paid for a "heated" pool, which I didn't get.

Room Tip: We had an accessible ground floor room right at the end of the corridor, so we could park in the dis...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our hotel. We strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations everyday and your input is extremely important to us to improve our services. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay and wish we could have better accommodated your needs, Your concerns have been shared with the management team and the situation is currently being evaluated, and will be addressed accordingly. Thank you again for your feedback.

All the best,
Ohio, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had a good experience at this hotel. Staff was friendly and helped us out with all our questions when we wanted to travel to DC and back.The rooms look new with nice size TV.
We enjoyed the pool and were happy we didn't have to drive in the city and the hotel arranged to drop us at the metro station.

Room Tip: Several choices to eat in the area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a great feedback. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us to ensure we exceed all Guest expectations at all times.
Please come back to visit us soon.

Sam M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was impressed by this hotel. We have only stayed at Marriott hotels in the past and could not find anything last minute and my sister suggested this hotel as it was close to college park area.My sister was very happy with her previous stay here. Very modern and clean hotel.The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were clean with extra beds so the kids could sleep separately without all of us cramping in one bed.
Kids enjoyed the indoor pool and the breakfast on Thursday morning.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate the your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay here. Please come back and visit us soon.

Best,
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the hotel for our Sysco regional meeting and were able to check in few minutes early.The hotel was full with kids and few parents around. The hotel team did a great job keeping all these kids calm and the next morning we were able to get our breakfast away from the groups.
The rooms smelled good and very spacious for three of us to share one room.
Good choices for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This Hotel is wonderful! It is Clean. Every place is clean. The beds the and bed dressings are clean with the freshness you love to smell. This is a number 1 property and I will visit and always send people there. The staff is the "BEST".
Happy Lucy!!!

Room Tip: Any room is great!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyLucy2014
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited our grand mother in Silver Spring, MD and they put us up at this hidden secret in Laurel.
Very impressed with the décor and the service from a typical Holiday Inn hotels as they are never this nice. Staff was very responsive to our needs and caring. There were several places to eat in the area. Rooms were spacious with clean beds Keep us the good job Holiday Inn!!

Room Tip: Stay in the suites
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family