“The rooms are clean and the front desk agent was very .....”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Washington, Virginia
“The rooms are clean and the front desk agent was very .....”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I needed a place to stay with my family for a couple of nights and did not want to spend a lot of money. I saw a couple of reviews for RRI online and because I know that they have upgraded the rooms and amenities. We decided to stay here. The rooms are roomy and smelled clean, I asked to see a room before I decided to stay. The front desk agent was kind enough to show us a king and a double and we chose the double.... This has kind of changed my mind about places like RRI and that are not bad at all. My son and his wife like the room and felt that it was nice for the price and area....I will stay again..

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay... Go online and make your reservation red roof inn.com the price...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I've shared your review with the rest of the staff and we are encouraged as we double our efforts to provide very clean rooms at very affordable rates.

Thanks again and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Falling Waters, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Expected for price paid. Standard king room. Overall, room was small. My boyfriend complained that his back hurt the next morning and he was up multiple times during the night. No complaints on the bathroom. Water was hot and great pressure. However, we had to keep the vanity light off because it flickered. Ice machine only gave about a cup of ice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry the room you had did not meet your expectations. We do have other larger room types such as the Superior King room that come with Microfridges, coffee makers and other amenities.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk at any time to let them know whenever you have problems with your room.
I look forward to being of service to you in the future and I thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 18 December 2013

These rooms were super tiny, the bed was super hard and dirty, and for the price we should have been able to get more then a "complimentary coffee/tea" Also why say you have a military discount but then tell me it's cheaper to rent a room online then over the phone with the military discount. Also why take my card info and then tell me that check in is a 6 p.m. but if we arrive after 10 p.m. to check in, we would be charged and not get our room. What in the world was that about??? Room had cobwebs all over the place, for being "Newly Renovated" they should have had the rooms deep cleaned too. Very uncomfortable, Super small room, large very stiff bed and dirty sheets. Plus it was very cold outside and our heater did not work, it was just Gross, and this place SUCKED. If we every drive though the area again, we will go out of our way to find a better place. A Motel 6 probably would have been better then this place was.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I was very disappointed to read your review as it showed that you'd had a poor reservation experience as well as a poor stay.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service therefore your feedback is very important to us. I would appreciate more information in order for me to take the appropriate measures to address the problems that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.
Please call the property at your convenience and ask to speak with the General Manager.
Thank you once again, and it is my hope that you give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Travellers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Everything was fine except we were on the 3rd floor & the elevator stopped working. Very clean, comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Wife likes clean & I love water pressure. This had great water pressure. Easy on & off. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn. I'm glad that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Guest feedback like yours is always an encouragement as we continuously strive to improve our services.
Thanks again, and it is our hope that you stay with us the next time you visit this area.
plymouth, mi
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was probably the nicest RRI I've stayed in - and I've stayed in a few. It is sporting the new modern look and it lived up to the billing with nice hardwood floors and new furnishings. No one is complaining when the polyester comforters are gone! Cheers to the RRI chain for stepping it up.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Wireless worked good. Linens were slightly better than you would expect from a budget chain. Nice clean shower and good water pressure. No complaints at all! The bathroom was huge - maybe because I got an accessible room.

We were about 20-25 minutes outside of Washington DC, so not what I'd call super convenient to the city, but when you are weighing price and cleanliness in it was worth the commute. I'd be happy to stay here again for sure, though I would likely look for something comparable closer to the city. Seems like there's slim pickings for well-rated budget hotels any closer.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Your review was a pleasure to read. We'd like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope that you'll visit again soon.
HOUSTON
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Good hotel. Close to BWI parkway. Quick travel to DC and surrounding areas. Hotel was clean, neat and rooms smell great. Good coffee in lobby and staff was helpful and pleasant. No noise and the rennovations look great. Will definitely return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.
Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It also helps other prospective travelers make their lodging decisions with confidence.
Thanks again, and we look forward to being of service to you soon!
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I'll sum this place up with four words.. Drugs, prostitutes, police and crime. Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and find a better part of town to stay in.
Came here for a quick stay and I honestly wish we had just stayed somewhere else and just slept in the car. This place had prostitutes walking around with fishy guys standing in the dark just staring. STAY AWAY!!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Awafa01
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. We appreciate all your comments and are reviewing the security reports and any other information about what may have occurred on the property during your stay. I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at the property to provide me with more information about your stay. Our guests are very important to us and it is our goal to provide a safe environment for all our guests.

Thank you once again and it is my hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.