“Impressed”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Laurel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, traveling between NC and NJ. We looked for a hotel that was along the route and offered a good price and was within an easy drive of DC and Baltimore for day trips. When we arrived there were several people ahead of us. The guy at the counter could not get the room that he said he reserved. He would not take no for answer. After 10-15 minutes, he relented. When we got to the desk, we were told our room was on the 3rd floor, even though we requested a ground floor room and there were rooms on that level. After some reconfiguring, we got a standard king on the ground floor. It was after 7 PM, and there were several people lingering in the parking lot. When we pulled into a parking space, there was a creepy guy sitting in the window, staring out and watching our every move. As we unloaded our van, several more people were lingering around the parking lot. It seemed kind of shady. The good news is that the room was clean and spacious. The room was comfortable and there were many channels available on the flat screen. Housekeeping maintained the room very well. The internet access was fine. The location was perfect for trips into DC and Baltimore. There is plenty of shopping and restaurants available in the immediate area. For the price, this hotel fit our needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn Laurel.

We appreciate your comments and continue to strive to provide the best service at the best rates.
Jessup, Maryland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was surprisingly pleased when I stepped into the front door of Red Roof Inn in Laurel, MD. I had some dear friends that needed an nice reasonable place to stay. I was welcomed by Ms. Endie. She was very kind, professional and helpful. She assisted us in the right room for the right price. Her courtesy and professional mannerism rivaled any top notch hotel. My friends felt right at home. The stay wind up being longer then we thought, but the kindness, courtesy, and professionalism never stopped. The Manager, Ellen Peace Azu continued the wonderful treatment that my dear friends received. The rooms were newly renovated, so they were ver y clean and spacious. To date my friends have been there for 9 days and continue to receive great service and a clean spacious newly renovated room. Thank Ms.Indie and Ms. Ellen.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your guests enjoyed their stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us as it encourages us and lets us know the different areas where we could improve.
I have shared your review with Indie and the rest of the staff.
Thanks again for choosing the Red Roof Inn Laurel and we look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The room was fine... For the 5 minutes I spent in it. My electric key card door would not reopen after I left the room to bring the rest of my bags in. I spent hours waiting for a manager to first come up with a solution and then to send maintenance. It's now 10pm and I'm still waiting (it's been 3 hours so far)

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Mulletduke
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
I'm truly sorry about what happened with the lock the night you checked in. This is not a common occurrence and I can assure you that we're working hard to make sure it does not happen again.
I thank you for your patience and hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Travellers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed in a twin bed room on the first floor of this hotel. For the price, the room was adequate. The windows were sealed shut, perhaps a security issue. This caused a major lack of air in the room. After 10 minutes in the room I had to stand with the door open to get some fresh air in the room. However, as I couldn't do this all night,I had to succumb to breathing stale air all night.

There was absolutely no fresh air in this room and hadn't been any in perhaps the past 10 years. The hotel should have some type of air flow so you don't feel like you are sleeping in a coffin.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Orit M
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry about the discomfort you experienced in your room. All our rooms are equipped with air conditioning units and so I'm sorry if the one in your room malfunctioned.
Thanks again for your comments and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to better serve you.
Washington, Virginia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I needed a place to stay with my family for a couple of nights and did not want to spend a lot of money. I saw a couple of reviews for RRI online and because I know that they have upgraded the rooms and amenities. We decided to stay here. The rooms are roomy and smelled clean, I asked to see a room before I decided to stay. The front desk agent was kind enough to show us a king and a double and we chose the double.... This has kind of changed my mind about places like RRI and that are not bad at all. My son and his wife like the room and felt that it was nice for the price and area....I will stay again..

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay... Go online and make your reservation red roof inn.com the price...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I've shared your review with the rest of the staff and we are encouraged as we double our efforts to provide very clean rooms at very affordable rates.

Thanks again and we look forward to being of service to you in the very near future.
Falling Waters, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Expected for price paid. Standard king room. Overall, room was small. My boyfriend complained that his back hurt the next morning and he was up multiple times during the night. No complaints on the bathroom. Water was hot and great pressure. However, we had to keep the vanity light off because it flickered. Ice machine only gave about a cup of ice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ellen A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Laurel. I'm sorry the room you had did not meet your expectations. We do have other larger room types such as the Superior King room that come with Microfridges, coffee makers and other amenities.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk at any time to let them know whenever you have problems with your room.
I look forward to being of service to you in the future and I thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.