“Basic, But Okay”
Review of Knights Inn Laurel

Knights Inn Laurel
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This motel is undergoing a major renovation, so expect to see lots of construction and workers for the rest of 2013. However, the rooms in the old facility were okay. Basic is the key word here, but for an overnight stop and for about $55.00 (after tax), it was fine. I would probably stay here again, if ever in the area. I'm sure it will be a nice-looking place, once the work is completed. RJT

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a BUDGET HOTEL. If you want any extra amenities, forget it.

Stayed during a business visit for 4 days and I got exactly what I paid for. The room was a bit outdated and these were not the most comfortable beds, but the bathroom, micro-fridge areas were clean. Wifi reception was good and didn't have any problems with the television.

On one day only, I had to deal with extremely loud construction noise after 4:30 for a couple of hours, however; the manager did warn me that construction was taking place on the premises and had me read a disclosure that said the same.

For what I paid, I can't complain.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Turnerrt
Reviewed 26 April 2013

So I was willing to deal with a little nastiness for the price (which was actually a little higher than 3 others that I passed on the way here), but... They did not have any non-smoking room. Was willing to live with that, but when I observed guy walking past the 4 or 5 people illegally barbecuing meat on small grills to make a drug deal in the parking lot, I got a kinda 3rd world feel from this place. Even though I was almost willing to deal with that, when I went in the room, which was threadbare & dank, I noticed that the door to the room had been replaced with cheap interior door, incapable of deterring a determined toddler from breaking in and killing me in my sleep. So even though I was dead tired from a long week's work, decided to decline staying here and drove the 200+ miles home to safely sleep in my own bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 25 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 23 April 2013

The hotel was a one-star hotel, and that was accurate. I was in a hurry and needed a cheap room to sleep in on short notice, which is what I got. Definitely not the best hotel room I ever had (it smelled like the room had been damaged in a fire recently and then painted over).
The only really positive experience I had was with easytobook. When a system error caused my room to be booked on the wrong date, a representative quickly returned my email and promptly refunded all of my money. I will definitely use easytobook again in the future, but I won't be staying in the Knights Inn in Laurel, MD.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We decided to stay here while visiting DC and going to six flags. Being very doubtful about how nice the stay would be because of the very low price we tried it. My gf and I were very pleased with the stay. It was a very decent stay for the price. Basically the door was strong with a bolt lock and chain lock. King size bed. Not the most comfortable but We had no complaints. Bathroom was clean, fridge was clean, microwave was clean, everything was clean. We stayed for two nights. Second day we walked into a freshly made bed and clean towels without our valuables walking away. I was impressed with that and kind of shocked. I didn't know the maid would have cleaned..etc. Many stores are around. Extremely close to Walmart and best of all the greatest liquor store ever. Wide variety or beers and wines! The slight negatives are the couch was kinda raggedy and ripped but who cares. Who sits on the couch anyway. I didn't really care for the old mattress and box springs but that didn't deter us away. Anyway the stay was great and I'd stay here again any day. Can't beat the price at all. Noticed there was another cheap hotel/motel down the road. The garden inn or something like that but that seemed to have the local trash and riff raft. Glad we chose the place we chose. Hope this helps anyone..

• Stayed: April 2013