This Fairfield is located close to DC & Baltimore in an area that looks to be in transition that is convenient to shopping & restaurants. I'm pretty sure it has been through a recent renovation because everything seems to be sparkling and new which is a good thing. My king room was very nice and spacious but had a couple of shortcomings:
1) Being a regular business traveler (3-4 nights/week) I like hotels that have some sort of sofa, loves seat or comfortable chair to sit on at night while watching TV & relaxing. This large room could have easily accommodated an easy-chair but there was a bare-bones chair with a very upright back and very uncomfortable. There was a nice large ottoman but matched with that chair it was pretty much useless after a few minutes. I ended up putting a pillow in the mesh desk chair and putting my legs up on the bed but still paid the price with back pain.
2) I had a cubby-hole with the furniture-stand to hold the microwave & fridge but there was nothing on it. I missed the microwave since I couldn't pop popcorn and usually once a week I get dinner from a grocery store deli. There was a fridge in the room but it was very noisy while trying to sleep. It made a clicking noise constantly and I finally had to get up and unplug it which brings me to my final issue.
3) The PTAC or through the wall heating & AC unit did not have the standard "continuous fan" feature that provides better air circulation and that "white-noise" that covers up those little annoying noises that keep you awake in hotel rooms. The 2nd night I found a white-noise generating app for my iPad that solved the problem.
4) There was some sort of energy-saving light switch in the bathroom that I'm not sure if it was a timer or motion-sensing that was very annoying especially after the lights went out both mornings while I was in the shower.
Now for the positives - spacious rooms, sparkling clean, everything new, small but nice workout room, good breakfast area, reasonable rates and convenient to DC, Baltimore, I-95 and lots of restaurants & shopping. Also, Jamar that checked me in was very personable, professional and thorough.
I would definitely return here because I feel like the negatives are fixable and I know what to expect on my next visit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn Laurel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Laurel Hotel Laurel
- Fairfield Laurel
- Laurel Fairfield Inn