“On A Busy Road But It's Quiet At Night”

Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
London, England
“On A Busy Road But It's Quiet At Night”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I chose this Motel as it was reasonably priced and not too far from my intended attraction visits and handy for restaurants. It is situated on a busy road but my front room (206) was very quiet during each night. The furniture could do with updating but the bed was comfortable and everything was clean apart from the windows which I could barely see through. So, armed with a flannel I cleaned them and the flannel ended up black and brown (smoking room). The other problem is that there only 3 tables in the breakfast area and seating for 6 people, so 2 out of 3 mornings I took the meal back to my room. Okay value.

Room Tip: Although the front rooms overlook a busy but not intrusive road I imagine the back rooms to be the q...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
belinda m, Manager at Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
ManicUSAvisitor,
Thank you so much for your review. We always like to hear what a guest thinks. We are working on coming up with solutions for expanding our breakfast area. We have a great breakfast and we want everyone to be able to come down and enjoy it. I'm sorry your window wasn't clean, I have talked to our maintenance staff to make sure ALL windows are cleaned regularly. I don't want anyone to walk away dis-satisfied.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

One star because it was pet friendly. Bring your own poop bags though. Room was dumpy with 20 year old tv. Would have been a good deal at $40. Had not stayed in a Motel 8 in years so we were surprised by the cost vs conditions and amenities. It will be our last option in the future,

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Robin S,
Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay. I wish I would have gotten the chance to talk to you while you were here and fix any problems you had to make your stay more comfortable for you. We are starting the process to get our TV's updated. I hope you will be able to come back and give us a second try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Travellers are raving about these LaVale hotels

Collegeville
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is clean, convenient, close to everything and the best priced in Lavale. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. They treat me better than family I came to visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynnewinne,
Thank you for your review. Its always great to see you! We are happy they we can make you feel at home with us. As always, it was great having you here. See you again soon!!
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Kevin was working when we arrived at 3 am in need of a few hours sleep. He was welcoming, courteous, and efficient. He made us feel like he was waiting up for us! He went the extra mile to help us out.

• Stayed June 2014
belinda m, Manager at Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thanks for taking your time to give us a review. We are glad you were happy with your stay. I have passed your comments on to Kevin. We feel we are very lucky to have him as part of our team.

Greensboro, Maryland
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a bike rally a few days ago, and brought our dog with us. They were accommodating with our dog and had a nice sized space for our bathroom walks. We encountered a problem with the shower, and once maintenance determined it would take more than a few minutes to fix, the helpful woman at the front desk moved us into another room right away. The breakfast had waffles, cinnamon rolls, muffins, bagels, cereals, and sausage gravy with biscuits. It's comfortable for the price and I'd stay there again if I'm in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We love meeting everyone's fur babies. We are glad we were able to make your stay comfortable and we hope to see your again soon.

Thanks again,
Westminster
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Front desk staff and housekeeper very friendly and helpful. Rates good for the area. Room basically clean, but side chair was dirty and found sock under cushion. TV old but working. Breakfast was OK, but no milk for cereal or coffee available at 8:15. Would return, but ask for room opposite road as there was noisy traffic.

Room Tip: stay away from roadside rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
belinda m, Manager at Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Bobollie, we are currently working to replace the chairs and TV's in our rooms. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and that our staff was helpful to you. We will be looking forward to you staying in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
Best Western Braddock Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 5 in LaVale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland

Been to Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area? Share your experiences!