“Good for the price.”

Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days. Other than the cable being temperamental and t.v's outdated. The staff was very friendly. Yes, the rooms need some updating. For the price, we were very satisfied and we are "PICKY". The one major complaint I had was the nasty smell of cigarette in the hall. They really need to put smoking on just the top floor. Gross. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
belinda m, Manager at Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Shiia,
Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Your opinions are value to us and I will look into your suggestions.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Listen to the negative comments they are true. Hallways smell like weed, beds you sink into them they are so worn into, tables in rooms you can see fingerprints and sticky residue all over them. They need a major renovation !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Meg J

Meg J,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am sorry you were not happy with stay. I wish you would have let me know while you were here so I could have fixed any problems you had. I never like to know a guest went away unhappy with their stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

In short-stay here!!! Clean rooms, friendly staff! My husband and I we're suppose to camp... Mother Nature rained down on us and we opted for a hotel room. After calling around a bit I found that most hotels in the area do not welcome pets. When calling this Super 8 I found the front desk to be very friendly and informative about rates and accommodations. When we arrived I felt very welcomed. The front desk staff even invited me to use an office computer to help me earn extra points on a travel card that I started using recently. We got a great rate for the room (most affordable that we found) and had a fridge,microwave, and updated decor. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
belinda m, Manager at Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Ginateach01,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Yikes... Dirty, foul smell, floor in the hall felt like I was going fall thru... Never again! Yuk!...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank J S
belinda m, Manager at Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

JS
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were dissatisfied with your stay. I wish we would have been able to talk while you were here. I don't like to see anyone unhappy with their stay. Please feel free to call me to discuss your stay @3017296265.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I found the staff to be earnest and efficient. Check in was quick. The common areas and room were clean and well maintained. The bathroom, in particular, was clean, bright, and everything worked. The bed was remarkably comfortable with a comfy mattress topper. Unlike many recent stays at other Wyndham properties, I found this Super 8 to be comparatively quiet despite being busy. The location was just off the highway. There were many restaurants nearby, including a fantastic Chinese/Thai place named Banana Leaf. In all, I was very pleasant surprised given that my stay at the Super 8 in Kutztown, PA was comparatively dismal. My only complaint was the fact that hall doors were kept open allowing smoke from other floors to enter our non-smoking floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Brian H,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We really do appreciate when our guest take their time to let us know how we are doing. We try to make everyone who passes through feel comfortable and hopefully they want to come back. Thank you for letting me know about the doors being left open, I wasn't aware of that but I will be looking into it. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

First, the good:

• The room was free to me (rewards points).
• It also had a minty smell, which is, admittedly, much better than most every other budget motel.
• The front desk staff was very polite.

Now the bad: Had I been charged the going rate for a Friday night ($89.00), I would have been severely annoyed.

• The bathroom did not have a shower curtain. Seeing this has been a problem for another reviewer, I was not surprised. I took a shower without the curtain. Oops, sorry, if I made a mess of your bathroom. Maybe next time you'll remember to put up a shower curtain - it seems like it would be obvious that it was missing when you cleaned earlier in the day
• The floor by the night stand had a hole in that had been covered up by carpet. Watch your step!
• Speaking of the night stand, the marble top was not actually connected to night stand. If you accidentally leaned on it, everything moved.

Yes, this is a Super 8, and I don’t expect much. Still, this one was pretty bad by even that minimal standard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Sonderweg,
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were not happy with your stay. I have talked with my maintenance crew about the maintenance issues you found and they are addressing those problems. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. I personally want everyone to leave here thinking that they would want to come back so I would love to see you give us another try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

First of all, this place needs a serious update. The carpeting is showing stains, there are no outlets for gadgets or chargers. I had to use the one in the bathroom to charge cell phones. The furniture was very warn in my king room. The coffee maker is the older style and of course there is never enough creamer or sweet-n-low. The TV is an ancient 25" (guessing could be smaller) tube model. The channel guide in the room is seriously wrong and needs updating. The bed, while comfortable did not use a fitted sheet for the bottom sheet. The sheet must have been queen size on the king size bed because it would not tuck in. So you chased the sheet all night long. The three pillows were minute and when fluffed flattened when you laid your head on them.
However, I knew I was in trouble when me and my significant other checked in. The clerk was given my name and said, "Could it be under another name?" Nope. "Oh, I found it," she exclaimed, looking at the computer. I was handed two room keys, grabbed the bags and headed to the third floor. We got into the room, which was smallish. A few minutes later, we heard someone trying to open the door. I opened the door and the guy who was checking in behind us was trying to get into the room. They electronic keys he had actually worked in my room. The clerk made a mistake. So, he handed me the keys and we both went down to the lobby. I gave her his two keys that fit my door and went back to the room, after she gave him the correctly coded keys to his "new" room. When I got to my room, the keys provided on check-in no longer worked. So back to the lobby and front desk for a new set of keys. Those worked. The clerk was very nice and called the room saying she was taking $20 off the bill. That was a classy move and the right move. However, the hotel still needs a serious renovation and more outlets. This is the only hotel I have stayed in since 2002 that had not converted to flat screen TVs. I have crossed this place off my list. With the discounted rate, it was overpriced. Just sayin'

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

WallyB47,
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. I wish I would have been able to talk to you while you were here. We are able to improve our hotel by listening and getting ideas from our guest. Please feel free to stop by or call to speak to me anytime. Our phone number is 3017296265.
Belinda

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
Best Western Braddock Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 5 in LaVale
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Super 8 la Vale/Cumberland Area? Share your experiences!