TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Although not large, the rooms were well laid out with a full size refrigerator, range, microwave, and dishwasher. Breakfast was fine with waffles, pastries, and croissant sandwiches. Employees were friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
TownePlaceWASTL, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience about the TownePlace Suites Lexington Park. Your positive feedback goes a long way to motivate our staff to continue to provide great service to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel on two different extended stays (first being 21 days, second being approximately 45 days). I am a platinum Marriott member, so I'm very loyal to the brand.

Prior to my first stay, I called the hotel on the day I was checking in. I was told by the front desk that they would have a crib waiting in my room. They don't usually guarantee them, but he would make sure there was one waiting in the room. I arrive at the hotel two hours later, and surprise! There are NO cribs available, and hadn't been for DAYS! I had to go out and purchase a $50 crib from Walmart. I drove, so I could have brought one from home had they just given me correct information. When I called the desk to ask for a crib sheet, I was informed that they don't use them. Seriously? That's disgusting. Any parent with a baby or a toddler knows how unsanitary this is.

The bathroom door in the room didn't shut because of the poorly aligned hinges. These rooms are really, really small. Great storage space, but the queen bed barely fits in the room. I had problems with the drain in the tub not draining-it was clearly clogged. I called maintenance two days in a row, asking for it to be fixed, and it never happened. I had to fix it myself, and it was really gross. See the attached photo. The room was filthy, and I had to spend quite a bit of time cleaning it myself.

I also had a billing error where they charged my personal card instead of my business card, which the front desk clerk couldn't help me with. Only the manager is allowed to do anything regarding money. There seems to be a major employee trust issue-the manager is basically the only person who can do anything (from passes to the athletic club down the street, to money issues, to upgrade requests, etc). They don't turn on the air conditioning in the hallway areas, which leads to a weird mildewy smell in the hallway and makes it difficult to regulate temperatures in the rooms themselves.

A week after my first stay, I checked into the hotel for my second stay. I was informed that they had allowed somebody to extend their reservation, and the room I reserved was not available. I would have to stay in a studio for one night, then move to another room. I still had to pay the 1 bedroom rate for the studio room. The studio room is considerably smaller than even a normal hotel room (think NY small-no joke). Cramming a toddler, two dogs, and two adults, plus a month and a half worth of belongings was not fun; and then to up and move it the next day was even less fun.

This hotel is just not what you expect from Marriott. If I go back to the area, I will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
TownePlaceWASTL, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Kugoose,

Thank you for sharing your comment about the TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station. We appreciate your continued patronage of our hotel and thank you for your business. We strive to make our hotel a true home-away-from-home and for our guests to have the best experience but regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay.

I look forward to the opportunity to discuss this in detail with you and hope that you will contact me personally at 301-863-1111 or email tpslexingtonparkgm@baywoodhotels.com.
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We wanted to check out Solomon's Island and this place was nearby. The hotel is nice, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Room was nice a comfortable, maybe a little smaller room than the other TownePlace Suites I've stayed in. Breakfast was all there (Jimmy Dean Biscuits, waffles, cereals, danish, fruit, yogurt... the normal). Nice HD TV in the room. There is a WaWa right out front so that is convenient. All around a nice hotel, would stay there again. But not to visit Solomon's Island -- very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
TownePlaceWASTL, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for sharing your review on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us but regret to hear you were dissappointed with Solomon's Island. May I recommend you visit my website to see a list of the many attractions in beautiful St Mary's County. We look forward to seeing you again.
Cold Lake, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Back in good old Southern Maryland.

I stayed at the hotel for many months while working on Base. I was staying in a two-bedroom suite, much bigger kitchen than the simple room. It was a very good stay. The staff was very friendly and professional. The gym was well equipped, and always clean. There was a fire pit, many tables and a bbq outside.

I was very satisfy of my stay. I recommend, and will come back. That's what hotels should be about.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
TownePlaceWASTL, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you for your continued recommendation of our hotel. We are proud to have done our job of providing an excellent stay for you and will continue to strive to do this on a consistent basis. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly during any visit, should we ever fall short to meet your expectations.
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Rooms where nice, clean and updated. Bedding however was never replaced from prior guest. There were hair all over the sheets and pillowcases. That was very disgusting and disappointing as it is not a cheap hotel. The place is nice, staff is apparently lazy. Always ask for clean sheets.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank SubmarinerWife
TownePlaceWASTL, Manager at TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Thank you for sharing your review about our hotel. We appreciate the high ratings and look forward to discussing this in detail. At the TownePlace Suites Lexington Park, Maryland our goal is to ensure complete guest satisfaction all the time.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Brand new hotel, excellent service. Close to the base. Mini kitchen is good if you don't want to eat out all the time. Good grocery store nearby. Hotel has arrangements with a local gym for guest access. This will be my go-to hotel for trips to the area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank djtimmy
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad to be your go-to hotel when you are in the area.
OKC
Reviewed 28 January 2010

young, friendly and helpful staff, room is clean and everything still almost new. HGTV with HD channels. rooms come with amenities like full size fridge, electric cook stoves, full size microwave, tooster, 3 set of silverware, cookware etc

free use of washer and dryer, just need to buy detergent from front desk or provide your own. heated in door pool with towels.

i was also told by another guest that towneplace suites guests have priviledge to use another gym down the road, i personally didn't check it out myself because the treadmill was sufficient for me.

2 computers with internet access and free printing in lobby, very convenient for trip planning. continental breakfast with microwavable jimmy dean and waffle. no evening snack like the one at residence inn marriot though, a little disappointing.

plenty of free parking spots right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review and listing all our amenities that made your stay complete. We hope you will have the chance to take advantage of the full-service exercise facility nearby which is free to all our guests, during your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River

Been to TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Property: TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Address: 22520 Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653
Region: United States > Maryland > Lexington Park
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station 2.5*
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station is an all-suite hotel equipped with all the conveniences and amenities you need for a comfortable extended stay, whether for business or pleasure. All guest suites feature a fully-equipped kitchen, 32" TVs with premium channels, work desk and free WiFi. Guests will also enjoy free breakfast, on-site parking, guest laundry room, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Marriott, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.