“Perfect for our family get together”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for our son's college graduation and booked 6 rooms. We heard form all of our family that the room had everything we needed. From the refrigerator for our after graduation luncheon to the free washer/dryer for our other college son's clothing, we found this hotel to be fantastic. I did hear the bed was not comfortable (mattress and size) from my parents room but I slept well. Also, the heater/air conditioner made a loud vibrating noise in two rooms. The staff was very accommodating, the handicapped rooms are excellent and the price was really nice with our AAA discount. I highly recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Congratulations to your son! I am also alum from St. Mary's College of MD-go Saints!!!
I'm sorry our "Serta Sweet Dreams" queen sized mattress did not suit your parents comfort level. They are definitely extra firm. If you're not accustomed to an extra firm mattress, I can understand that you may not like it.
So happy to hear you took advantage of the in suite kitchen & Outdoor Lounge area for the luncheon, and our Spin2 Cycle's complimentary laundry machines. The Oasis Lobby area & Indoor heated saline pool are also great areas for socializing.
Thank you for reviewing our hotel as a great place to stay for SMC of MD Graduation!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

In my line of work, I find myself in the NAS Patuxent River area and I when I do, I always check out Home2. It is my favorite hotel in the area. I would guess that it's now approximately 1.5 years old but it still looks as new as the day it opened. Everyone is very nice and the front desk remember your name, even though the person remembering me, I hadn't seen in 24 hours.

When I travel I live in the hotel. I do not like eating out and avoid it on trips if I can. Home2 suites have a very nice little kitchen to work in and they have hot plates on request. Time crunches and just being lazy, this time I opted for some of the frozen meals behind the front desk. I do appreciate their availability. For other travelers, they probably couldn't imagine eating them, but I thanked the front desk for the selection.

Probably some odd Maryland law, but I really wish single serve beer could be available as well in the fridge. That would have rounded out my meals in the evening very nicely. But it is what it is.

Happy to visit again in June and already have reservations!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your 2nd review of our hotel! We appreciate it.
The Home2 Market is perfect for purchasing a light dinner you can heat in your own kitchen. Lots of snacks & sundries are also available 24/7.
You are correct about the beer/wine license-a quirky and expensive Maryland law. Just for future reference-the Shell gas station on the corner of Pegg Rd. & Rt.235 does sell beer, and it's a quick 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Wife & I stayed here whilst visiting our niece, who is a student at nearby St. Mary's University (10 minute drive away). For a box hotel, it was very nice. We got a fantastic AAA rate. The hotel was spotless, and much nicer and more modern than your typical roadside suburban hotel. It's very close to nearby restaurants and stuff. The breakfast was decent though quite crowded in the morning between 8-9am. If you're just passing through, it's a good hotel for the price. Plus, you will get Hilton points!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Thank you for advising other travelers about our clean, comfortable, convenient accommodations. We are the closest Hilton property to St. Mary's College of Maryland-8.6 miles and a quick 12 minute drive. We enjoy partnering with the College to host for special events-like Graduation (which is next weekend), Reunion Weekend in June, & Hawktoberfest Family Weekend in October. We also love to host forTeam sports events at SMCM. If you are a Coach, please call us for our special Team rates!
We look forward to hosting you again when you return to visit with your niece. I'm sure she really appreciates your visits.
Joanie Rosati-SMCM Alum

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Great stay I just had for business for 2 weeks. Only thing I wished was there were more varied options for breakfast, maybe meat? or a fresh waffle maker? Also coffee could be improved. Otherwise no other complaints. Staff was friendly and helpful. My housekeeper, Lindsey was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your 2 week extended stay. Our location is ideal for business travel to Patuxent River NAS, The Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, St. Inigoes, Md., or the hundreds of Government Contracting Offices in our backyard.
New items are currently being tested for our Home2 complimentary "Healthy Start" breakfast. Hopefully next time your travel brings you to Lexington Park, or any of our other Home2 locations, breakfast will be a bit more appealing to you.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we'll look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have traveled quite a bit with my job and have stayed in many different hotels over the years. I've stayed in several long-term type hotels (Extended Stay, etc) and liked the concept and amenities (larger room, full refrigerator and kitchenette), but sometimes I like the attention and amenities of short term hotels (provided breakfast, regular maid service, etc).

I felt that Home2Suites did a great job of blending the two. I would be happy to stay a single night or a month. This particular hotel is very new and everything is pristine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for informing other Travelers about our new extended stay property. The 323 square foot studio suites are designed so you can customize the space and make it your own. It's your home away from home. The suites are also great for transient Travelers that like the convenience of having a kitchen when traveling. Continental Breakfast with hot & cold items, WIFI, Business Services area & Printer On, Underground Garage Parking, and a combination Fitness & (free) Laundry machines are all included in you rate. You're right-it's a great combination of complimentary amenities for all Travelers if your staying for a few nights or a few months.
Come back "home" and see us soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed the weekend at the Home2 suites while photographing in St. Mary's County. The room cost less than $110/night with my AAA discount, and I was just amazed at how good the hotel is. I have stayed in other chains on similar trips, and I expected a clean but basic room, in a basic, uninteresting hotel. But my room was exceptional, with mircowave and coffemaker, large screen TV, nice QUIET heating system, and plenty of room. The hotel is set back from the highway, which makes it a little harder to find, but also makes it quieter. And the staff was cheerful and helpful. Everything about the hotel was perfect. They even had breakfast set out at 6:00 on Sunday. I would definitely stay there again. I only wish they had more locations.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Hello,
We love our AAA guests, and I thank you for reviewing our hotel. Home2 Suites hotels are designed for savvy, value-oriented travelers looking for comfortable suites with the added value amenities included in the great price point.
I have some great news for you and other AAA Members-there are currently 14 hotels open in the U.S., and we have nearly 70 properties in our development pipeline, with 10 hotels under active contruction. Future properties are slated for many of the nation's major markets, including Houston, Atlanta, Washington, D.C. and Denver.
With that being said, keep watch for a Home2 Suites opening soon in all of your favorite travel destinations!
Joan R

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Really nice, new and friendly. A little Euro in its design for the rooms an public areas, but very comfortable. I will probably regret this review, since this is a new hotel and is really easy to get a reservation at right now and it is right next to the Gate at NAVAIR. Very business friendly and I only hope I can continue to get a room there when I need it.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back to avoid rt 235 traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Joan R, Director of Sales at Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your NAVAIR hotel secret. We appreciate you helping us get the good word out about our new Hilton hotel. Our Euro design allows you to customize your suite to your liking. You can even move most of the furniture around to make yourself more comfortable.
Insiders tip-if you are not able to get a reservation through the usual booking channels, call us directly. We will do our very best to squeeze you in if/when possible.
Sincere Regards,

#2 of 9 in Lexington Park
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md? Share your experiences!