“Location yes, Experience no.”

Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Location yes, Experience no.”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The location was perfect, close to restaurants, shops, and Piney Point, which has few places to stay. The room was clean and the price was right. However, the ice machine was loud and kept us awake for part of the night. The beds were super soft, which isn't my preference. The front desk was very helpful when we were searching for dinner locations. However, we requested a late checkout, and when we got back, the room was cleaned and anything that we had left had been removed from the room. We were only coming back to shower, and were told that we couldn't, because it had already been cleaned. They did eventually get all of our belongings for us.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine and elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us online! We really appreciate and value the feedback from our guests. I'm so sorry to hear about the confusion during your check-out. I have been sure to share this with our team so they are aware of the impact this had on your stay with us. I do hope that you were still able to get a good nights rest with us despite the soft beds and loud ice machine. I'm happy to hear you found our location to be so great for your visit and the front desk was able to assist in dinner locations. We want every guest to experience nothing but a great stay with us from start to finish and your feedback is what helps us improve daily. I would like to personally invite you back if you ever travel back to Lexington Park and I will see to it that you have a great visit exceeding your previous stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

Visited Jan 14-16 2013. Comfortable and clean king size guest room. Appreciated warm welcome upon arrival, free wifi in room. Breakfast bar has ample choices- liked the choice of yogurts. Did not use fitness facilities. Would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out to tell us about your stay with us! Our team was delighted when I shared this review with them. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's our promise to ~ALWAYS make you feel welcome, ~ALWAYS give you a room that’s clean, fresh and reflects the highest quality standards, ~ALWAYS respond promptly to any need you might have and ~ALWAYS give you the service that will make you want to return. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Lexington Park, MD.

P.S. We will be adding a hot breakfast item selection in the next few months in addition to our deluxe continental breakfast selections.
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel for business trips. I especially enjoyed the free wifi service. Breakfast was decent and filling with lots of grab and go options. The staff was very pleasant and helpful from the front desk to the maid service. I would definitely stay here again on business.

• Stayed December 2012
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us online. It's great to hear that you had a good stay with us oveall. You mentioned our breakfast was "decent" and I'm happy to inform you that we will soon be introducing a hot breakfast item selection as well. Our complimentary wifi is another way of keeping our guests connected. We truly understand how important it is to have all the amenities you need right at your finger tips to get the job done. Seems like our team was able to provide "Confident Service" for you all during your stay. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team in our next morning huddle. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!
falls church
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Our stay was very pleasant, whirlpool, pool, exercise room, continental breakfast was the real deal with waffles, pancakes, turkey bacon, sausage, lots of bagels etc. The linens smelled as if they had recently been laundered and the room was clean, one downfall was there wasn't a safe in the room. There were several baskets around with fresh fruit, ice water and coffee bar. The staff was courteous and kind. The mattress was perfect I slept so well on the memory foam.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us and other travelers insight into your stay with us. Sounds like you had a great stay! It's good to know you really enjoyed all the services and amenities we had to offer. Here at the Fairfield Inn Lexington Park we are all about "creating memories one guest a time." I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. We hope to see you again if traveling to Lexington Park!
washington, dc
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have stayed comfortably at quite a few fairfields and marriotts, but found this one to be the worst. my room was filled with that lovely mold/mildew smell. I had my baby with me and could not put him down anywhere. I also saw a couple of very ugly long-legged bugs crawling on my bed. We checked out the pool too, it was cloudy despite reaking of chlorine. The staff were fine for the most part, but the front desk person when I checked in did not accept the id I gave him for my rate, he felt it necessary to call to verify? I thought that was super obnoxious. Very disappointing stay, would definitely not recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sgdc
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
I'm so sorry to hear you had such a bad experience while staying with us. We want every guest including those staying under an Marriott Associate or Friends and Family rate to experience nothing less than a great stay. I do hope that this experience doesn't provide an impression to the overall services we strive to provide here for each guests. I thank you for taking the time to review us.

Travellers are raving about these Lexington Park hotels

Williamsport, Maryland
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I bid on this hotel at a confrence(Silent auction). I did not know what to expect. I thought it would be great to visit St. Mary Co and help out a organization at the same time. I was totally impressed with the great customer service we received. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. Our room was extremely clean and I could not find one problem at all. Very comfortable. The breakfast was great and had a great selection. We enjoyed our stay tremendously, that we are planning another visit in October. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I'm very happy to hear you had such a great stay with us and helped a great organization in the process. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We got in about 7 PM. Great staff and they had cookies to greet us (very good ones). Went to room and checked the internet and TV and refrigerator and all operated flawlessly. The A/C was set for 62 so I turned it up to 76. Also the bathroom fan was on but the lights were not so I shut that down. The room had that smell of Fabreeze which isn't that odd these days. We left for dinner and we got back around 11 PM. I got into bed quickly. Then the next morning I noticed the room smelled a bit musty.

That evening we got back to the hotel and the AC was turned down again. We used the pool. I noticed after I got back to the room the floor was a bit wet which I thought might have come from me. But then after half an hour or so it was still wet and I was dry. The carpet was the cause of the wet feet and the smell. It carpet was actually sticky close to the window. I would guess the window had been opened during a storm, somebody didn't plug an ice chest drain, the carpet had recently been cleaned and not fully dried or perhaps the A/C failed and drained into the room for some time. Whatever... The carpet was sticky near the window and I had not noticed the first day because I never walked on that side of the room in bare feet.

Then I did something stupid. I didn't complain. It was really late and I just wanted to sleep.

So my bad for not reporting it but Fairfield's cleaning staff bad for not telling the front desk before I even checked in. Fortunately on day three and a lot of Fabreeze, the AC being used to dehumidify the room and the bathroom fans combined to make a room that was livable.

Great things:
Internet - was capable of 18 MB/s downloads and 4 MB/s uploads. I used Skype to talk to home and it was better using the Cat-5 cable rather than Wifi.
TV - very nice and had many channels. I think at least 20 were high-def.
Linens, towels, toiletries - all first rate
Breakfast - Make your own waffles or microwave Jimmy Dean muffin sandwiches. String cheese, yogurt, milk, hard boiled eggs. Multiple cereals, pastries, breads. Great service staff continuously refilling everything.
Workout room - lots of equipment and none of it broken.
Common areas - clean and free of clutter.
Cookies - available Monday through Thursday (bad thing if you are on a diet)

Bad Things:
The carpet - GAG!
TV - Marriott always reverts to CNN when turned off. I think they should leave it where the customer left it like my TV at home. I'm the customer so make me happy and I'll come back.
Parking exit - I was in Vienna Austria a couple of weeks ago and the parking in that ancient city of narrow and one way streets was better than here. They route you through other parking lots and put you either one way south on Three Notch Road where you have to drive half a mile before you can U-turn if you are going north or you can go through a neighborhood and if you don't get lost end up at the gas station next to the Fairfield. I feel for the people in that neighborhood because of the noise from the extra traffic.

Other Things:
Spa - very clean but the jets just didn't work out the kinks.
Pool - very nice but a bit cloudy.
Refrigerator - froze my blueberries when the room temperature was cranked down by cleaning staff. Worked perfectly otherwise.

Room Tip: Give the room a thorough checkout and change rooms as soon as you check in.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide such great detail about your stay with us! My sincere apologies for the problems experienced during your stay. We genuinely appreciate all feedback whether good or bad from our guest. This information is used to help us in our pursuit for excellence which we want all of our guests to receive. We do hope to see you again if traveling to Lexington Park.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#1 of 9 in Lexington Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)

Been to Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Property: Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Address: 22119 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653-2050 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Lexington Park)
Region: United States > Maryland > Lexington Park
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station 2.5*
Welcome to the NEWLY RENOVATED Fairfield Inn by Marriott located in Lexington Park Maryland. Our beautifully renovated hotel is nestled in Historic St. Mary's County located across from the Patuxent Naval Air Station. It is in close proximity to many government contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We have spectacular waterfront restaurants, scrumptious seafood, historic sites, and many outdoor activities all near the hotel. Visit the 17th century at Historic St. Mary's City, Maryland's first capital or enjoy swimming, fishing and museums at Historic Point Lookout State Park. Visit our St. Mary's College's spectacular waterfront setting where you can sail or kayak across the scenic St. Mary's River. Take advantage of our world class sport fishing in one of our Chesapeake Bay charter boats or experience Maryland's famous oystering and crabbing. We look forward to your stay with us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Hotel Lexington Park