Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Worth the time to consider options; I've stayed at this property for a running total of 15 nights thus far in 2014 with more to come and I can safely say that the only benefit to this property is a clean room and comfortable bed. Depending on what time of day check in happens the desk staff may or may not be fully engaged, even if you're up-there in the loyalty program as I am. Breakfast is actually healthier with better choices at the WaWa up Three Notch Road. Watch for nosey transients in the parking lot after dark and don't leave anything of any value in your car overnight. I've been a frequent guest at this location since the property first opened and while the gloss has long since departed my expectations have been adjusted accordingly. FI-LP is clean and comfortable to be sure but there are nicer accommodations competitively priced nearby.

Room Tip: During the winter stay above the second floor, on the back side, to avoid snow plow noise!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty to us and Marriott as a Elite Marriott Rewards member. I'm sorry to hear that your expectations for us have gone down over the years. We want every guests to experience a great stay. I can assure you that the concerns you have addressed in this review will be addressed. I would hate to lose you to a competitor so please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've been a big fan of Marriott products for over 25 years. When asked to leave the comfort of my home to take a long term assignment at the Naval Air Station in Patuxent River, Maryland, I new I would be staying in a Marriott brand hotel. Just happens there is a Fairfield Inn at Lexington Park, just outside Gate 1 for easy access to the base. From the time I checked in almost two months ago until today (still here on March 9th), the staff has been very friendly and accomodating to all my silly whims (real or imagined). The staff takes pride of "ownership" and keeps the hotel clean and inviting at all times. It's been difficult being away from my family on the West Coast for so long but the staff here has taken me in and been sort of like a second family to me which has made the burden of being away from my own family somewhat easier. The front desk is always chearful and willing to assist in making my stay as comfortable as possible. I turned 60 years old yesterday and was somewhat down about being so far from home when a knock came at my hotel room door and there was Maria Williams (front desk) to sing Happy Birthday to me with a card from the staff that included a gift certificate to one of the local restaurants; I was dumbfounded. The card and gift from the staff really made my day. Not saying that everyone who has a Birthday will get the special treatment I got but it does say a lot for the caring staff at this hotel. This will be the only place I'll stay when working in this area. And by the way, the memory foam cushined beds make for a good nights sleep as well. Great place to stay. I would also like to mention that Shyla Barnes (GM) and Carolyn Dyson really go the extra mile to make everyones stay in their hotel the best it can possibly be. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: If you're on business to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, the Fairfield Inn, Lexington Park...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce F
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thanks Bruce F. for your review! I know you weren't happy about spending your birthday away from family but we were excited to hear you were spending it with us! We have to thank your wife for letting us know it was your birthday. It has been great getting to know you over the past couple months and the team was more than excited to do something special for you. It's guests like you who make what we do everyday, so rewarding!

We're so happy you selected us to be your home away from home while here in Lexington Park!!!!!!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had a very late night check-in which went smoothly. The room has all of the amenities that I need, free Wi-fi, a mini-fridge and a microwave. Small nitpicks: the hair dryer didn't work, the bed was a bit soft and there was only 1 bath towel with 3 of my family in the room. When I went down to the front desk to get more towels, the front desk gave me the towels I asked for and extra shampoo and conditioner that I did not think to ask for (but which my family appreciated). The free breakfast offers a lot of selections and because the hotel wasn't very crowded, there was no wait for use of the microwave or any trouble finding an available table. The fitness room had 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical, and 1 stationery bicycle. There were also dumb bells for strength training but the lightest one was 10 lbs., way too heavy for most women.

All in all, a better than average hotel.

Room Tip: We were fairly close to the ice machine and didn't hear it all night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you "would stay again." I'm happy to hear our front desk was able to resolve the matters with your linens. Thanks for letting me know about the blow dryer not working and the soft bed! We want every guest to experience nothing less that a great stay. Comments such as yours, help us improve on providing the best customer service possible.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed there for a New Year Eve wedding. The [few] staff present were very helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean and above adequate. Convenient to many restaurants and the free breakfast was satisfying.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We look forward to seeing you again if you travel to Lexington Park.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Although situated right outside the Naval Air Station, getting to the NAS from the hotel involves either driving down Three Notch Road and making a u-turn, or driving behind the hotel through the residential area, and turning on to Buse Road. This is a minor inconvenience (if that) given the amenities offered by this property: complimentary parking; proximity to various restaurants and stores; complimentary continental breakfast; and fresh-baked cookies on weeknights. I was there on two separate stays over two weeks, and was pleased to have been given a room on the highes (fourth) floor each time. The room was clean, comfortable, had large mini-fridge and microwave, and the internet connectivitywas strong. I was also able to get food delivered (from the Thai Inter restaurant). Check in was efficient both times,and the front desk was kind enough to lend us an ice scraper for the car on the mornings when there was frost on the windshield. The lady staffing the breakfast area was always pleasant and friendly. She kept the food well-stocked and the entire dining area clean. The exercise room is small, featuring only one treadmill and one elliptical machine, but at least there was a water cooler there and towels were also available.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay at this property and I would book here again next time I return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I've been sure to share your kind comments with our team especially Zina our Breakfast Ambassador and the front desk associates. We look forward to serving you again when visiting Lexington Park.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Fairfield Inn Lexington Park is located on Three Notch Road (Route 235) in Lexington Park, MD. I have been staying at this particular Fairfield Inn for the past 9 years on each of 2 annual trips that I make to St. Mary's College of Maryland.

This Fairfield is an exceptionally clean and well maintained hotel, with an indoor pool, continental breakfast, in-room WiFi, HD TV, microwave and portable refrigerator. It is located approximately one mile north of Patuxent Naval Air Station and also north of Lexington Park itself where you will find several restaurants and shopping. In addition, the hotel is in close proximity (approximately 5 miles) from the campus of St. Mary's College of Maryland, rated one of the top 5 Public Honors Colleges in the United States, located right on the magnificently scenic St. Mary's River in southern Maryland.

Fairfield Inn Lexington Park also provides free parking, keyless card entry, a workout gym, free USA Today newspapers each day and fresh fruit snacks in the lobby area every day, In addition, they provide coffee 24 hours a day in the breakfast room. The staff is very accommodating, courteous and provides access to nearly everything you could ask for, including a restaurant list and sights to explore while at the Inn. There is also internet access on the in-house pc located in the lobby area.

In summary, Lexington Park Fairfield Inn is convenient, easily accessible, with wonderful hospitality and amenities and I would recommend it highly to anyone traveling to the shoreline of St. Mary's County in southern Maryland.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the rear of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stays with us over the years! The team and I always look forward to your visits. We'll see you again soon Stephen P.!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 days while interviewing for a job at the Naval Air Station. The location was excellent. You are in close proximity to several restaurants, a couple minutes from Walmart, and only a short distance from NAS.

While checking in, I was greeted by the desk clerk who made it a point to greet me by name. She asked if I needed any recommendations for restaurants or directions. I was greeted BY NAME each time I passed by the desk for the 3 days I was there.

The rooms were clean and satisfactory. I am very attentive to the cleanliness and working order of all of the things in the room. I could not find anything to complain about.

The parking lot was safe, well lit, and convenient.

I would stay at this same hotel given another opportunity.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Shyla B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us insight into your stay with us! Glad to hear overall you had a good stay with us and were provided great personal customer service. Here at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Lexington Park we want every guest's to experience nothing less than a great stay. We hope the interview went great and we see you again during your relocation. If you need any relocating information, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Hampton Inn Lexington Park
#2 of 9 in Lexington Park
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina

Been to Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Address: 22119 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653-2050 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Lexington Park)
Region: United States > Maryland > Lexington Park
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Price Range: £69 - £115 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station 2.5*
Welcome to the NEWLY RENOVATED Fairfield Inn by Marriott located in Lexington Park Maryland. Our beautifully renovated hotel is nestled in Historic St. Mary's County located across from the Patuxent Naval Air Station. It is in close proximity to many government contractors, including Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and Lockheed Martin. We have spectacular waterfront restaurants, scrumptious seafood, historic sites, and many outdoor activities all near the hotel. Visit the 17th century at Historic St. Mary's City, Maryland's first capital or enjoy swimming, fishing and museums at Historic Point Lookout State Park. Visit our St. Mary's College's spectacular waterfront setting where you can sail or kayak across the scenic St. Mary's River. Take advantage of our world class sport fishing in one of our Chesapeake Bay charter boats or experience Maryland's famous oystering and crabbing. We look forward to your stay with us. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Hotel Lexington Park