“Surprised to find something new, but disappointed”
Review of Coco's Cantina - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Coco's Cantina
Cuisines: Southwestern
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Surprised to find something new, but disappointed”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I agree with the other poster, the menu is so diverse on such a small menu, I honestly did not know what I wanted to have. When I was told it was "fresh made Mexican" I wasn't expecting a selection of burgers. I like enchiladas, but there was none of that. They had soft shell tacos, burgers, Pulled Pork sandwiches, fajitas, and one single burrito.

I received my draft beer rather quickly, but the sandwich I ended up ordering took over 20 minutes to arrive. It was 4pm and the place seemed empty to me, except a few people at the bar. I was shocked how long a sandwich took to put together. I began to think I had been forgotten, because another table sat, ordered, and had their food before me (I was alone). Eventually the sandwich came.

The sweet potato fries I ordered with it were good, but I didn't see the need for cup of brown sugar on top. The sandwich was bland, almost flavorless, but at that, didn't taste terrible.

When asked if I wanted dessert, I had to say no. I was afraid I'd still be sitting and waiting for another 30 minutes.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank orionreplay

La Plata, Maryland
“I am sure there are worse places to go but only if CoCo became a chain.......”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

When a group of us went there for lunch, we were hopeful that this place would be a welcome addition to area dining opportunities. But our worse fears were quickly realized. The menu is different so figured it was created to showcase a different style of Mexican fare. Not the usual taco, beans and rice dishes. It was confusing and after waiting a really long time, we discoved the look and taste (bland at best) had no identity worth remembering. We had 6 different lunch choices and none received any positive comments. The restaurant only had a few people there so slow service and poor food could not be blamed on being too busy to do well. To top it off, when the bill came, we had a large charge for mediocre chips and salsa. We didnt know what the charge was for as it was not identified clearly and I can't remover ever paying for chips and salsa that was brought to a table. We didn't ask for it, they just brought a couple of baskets as well as more with the food. When asked, the server looked at us like we were from another planet for asking the question andade no attempt to make any adjustments. Think he was one of the owners. Haste la vista, we won't be back! Only recommendation I can make would be to just close up and reopen as another type of business.