“Great stay-marred by an uncomfortable bed!”

Hampton Inn Lexington Park
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great stay-marred by an uncomfortable bed!”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I usually travel for business-and usually I'm a fairly low-maintenance traveler. Arrival at the Hampton Inn, Lexington Park, MD was pretty standard. The check-in went well, got to my room without incident, and settled in. The challenge during my stay-was the firmness of the bed. Granted, some folks prefer a firm surface to sleep on. At home I sleep on a pillow-top. But I'm a regular business traveler, and it's unusual to find a bed that I have trouble sleeping on. Other than that, the customer service was very good, the complimentary breakfast was well stocked, and very convenient. I didn't mention the problem with the bed until I checked out...would mention it at the start if we come back again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HILPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience and I am so sorry your bed wasn’t as comfortable as you expected. We try very hard to make sure our guests get the best sleep possible. Especially since the bed is at the heart of our business! I will make sure we acquire a special pillow-top mattress topper and have it ready for your next visit. Please feel free to contact me before you arrive and I will have it placed in your room. If you are a Hilton Honors member, please let me know that too. I can add a notation to your Honors profile about your preference. That way our housekeeping staff can preset that topper for you before each stay. Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us a review and valuable feedback about your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I have always been a faithful Marriott Residence Inn user. I travel a lot and enjoy clean and dependable facilities. On this trip, there was no Residence Inn in the area, so I booked a week stay at the Hampton Inn, Lexington Park, Maryland. What a pleasant surprise. Clean, spacious facilities with friendly, helpful staff. Morning breakfast was great – choice of any type of breakfast you’d like – eggs, pastries, cereals, fruits, yogurts, and, if you are in a hurry, they have breakfast bags with water, muffin, fruit, breakfast bar and mints to grab. Beds were extremely comfortable. And, for that after dinner sweets craving, they offer fresh baked cookies. An added plus for me is that Hampton Inns don’t allow pets in the room, so no animal hair on my socks. This one week long stay will have me trying a Hampton Inn again on my future travels.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JBVOIGT
Boston
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Everything you expect from a Hampton Inn....clean; nicely decorated; comfortable bed; business center with two computers and a printer; small fitness center with a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and weight machine; good breakfast; coffee all day and delicious cookies at night; free wireless internet access; and personable, helpful staff. Room also had a microwave and mini-refrigerator and hotel had a laundry room which were helpful for my 12 day stay. Only negatives were slow elevator, no in-room safe, no firm pillows, and poorly located a/c (right next to the desk so I had to turn it off to keep it from blowing cold air directly on me while I worked).

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Red_Sox_Lovers
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Exactly as it should be. Clean, modern, comfortable, efficient, bfast was as advertised. No surprises. My only complaint is the room a/c heater - why are these appliances so darn rattley and noisy? Bring earplugs! The hotel is on a busy 4 lane road next to a car dealer and an abandoned restaurant. No where to walk - although across the street is a Navy airplane museum. Exactly as advertised and just what we needed - a place to spend the night.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank cleverstar75
Ruckersville, VA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night while visiting a friend in the area. It was recently remodeled. The rooms were clean, new carpet, curtains... pretty much new everything. The bed was SO comfortable. The bathroom was clean, spacious and very nice. Very little noise from the hall. The front desk staff were ok. One we encountered was very pleasant and the other was indifferent. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kmflutist
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is the only hotel I will consider when staying in the area. The staff goes out of their way to be sure you enjoy your stay. Everything is so clean and nice.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank 5tars
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I choose this particular Hampton Inn for two reasons: it is close and convenient to Pax River Naval Air Station (Gate 1) and also because its always met or exceeded all expectations. The price, cleanliness, amentities, service, friendliness, complementary bufffet breakfast all combine to be an excellent choice for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Westtenn03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington Park? Share your experiences!