“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Lexington Park
Dunkirk, New York
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed here on May 11-12 and the room was very nice and very clean. Mattress and pillows were comfortable and we had no problems while staying there. Hotel is conveniently across the street from Gate 1 of the Naval Air Station as well as the Patuxent River Naval Air Museum. Check-in and check-out was seamless, and the continental breakfast was the typically good Hampton Inn breakfast. We had a little noise near our room caused by the ice and pop machines.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice and pop machines.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
HILPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property online! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, though I am sorry you were disturbed by the ice and vending machines. Next time you are coming to town, please let me know in advance and I will make sure you are pre-blocked to a room a little further down the hall. I will also have our maintenance department check all of those machines to see if there is something we can do dampen the noise from the falling ice. Once again, I really appreciate you sharing your experiences. Feedback such as your allows my team to grow and tackle problems we may not be aware of so the next guest has that same great experience. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Frederick, MD
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Needing only a one-night visit recently near St. Mary's College, my husband and I selected this Hampton Inn. The facility is updated, immaculate, and extremely quiet and well-managed. The staff were helpful in getting us directions to locate restaurants, and the coffee bar and breakfast were delightful. We didn't have to check out until noon, although 1 p.m. "could be" arranged if necessary. Hands down one of the best Hampton Inn experiences we've had!

Room Tip: We booked on line and had a reserved room -- we selected a King non-smoking room, and it was an exce...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rglasservision
HILPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your review of our property! I am so glad you had such a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. We truely love hearing feedback, good and bad, about your experiences. Your comments help us to grow and serve you better next time you are in town. I hope we will see you again in the future. Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Lexington Park and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed here last year for a week due to business on NAS Pax River. Since it was spring time, the pool outside was not open, but overall the grounds were acceptable.

Breakfast in the morning was the standard Hampton Inn style, and there were "to go" bags available for guests on the run.

In terms of location, this hotel is perfect for a business traveler who will only be in town for a few days. There are many resturants within 1 or 2 miles of the hotel, and the Air Station is less than 1 mile to the gate. The only downside to the location is that its unreasonable to walk most places, as there is no sidewalk. This is true for many of the hotels in the area though, and isn't a huge deal because you will need a car to get around the area anyway.

In terms of things to do other than business, Point Lookout isn't too far, and there are many seafood resturants in the area.

All in all, this hotel met my expectation and I would stay there again. The staff were professional, the room was clean and quiet and the rate was reasonable. Also, there is plenty of parking, although it can be a bit confusing getting out on the one backroad. I think the business next door closed, and they blocked off park of the parking lot. Not a huge deal, just pay attention.

Room Tip: The building is only 3 stories, and there is very little noise from the road. With that in mind, all...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
HILPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to give us this review! I appreciate how detailed your comments were. I am sure they will be as helpful to guests searching for information about the area as they were for me. Detailed comments such as these allow me to "see" my own property through a travelling guest's eyes. Something that I may have missed or taken for granted, you were able to catch, such as the confusion with how to exit the parking lot. Since I drive through it every day, I don't see it the same way that you do as a first time guest. However, when I "see" it through your review, I can see how someone who has never stayed with us before would have trouble trying to figure out which way to go. Thank you for pointing out the problem so that I can rectify and clarify the issue with future guests. Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review of the property. I will share your comments with my team and we will use them to help improve our property. I hope you will return to our property next time you are in town. After all, we love having you here!
Nebulis
Reviewed 29 January 2012

First time at this location. Spent a week here and it is typical of the Hampton inn chain. If you need a comfortable, clean well managed hotel in Lexington park, this meets the requirements. Easy access from the main road and has an access from a side road that is a plus. The free breakfast had everything from fresh fruit to eggs and waffles, oatmeal the list goes on ..... Excellent staff. The Hampton Inn has another location to keep their excellent reputation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aegir
HILPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to let people know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I really appreciate it more than you know. My team and I work very hard to provide outstanding customer service and we are grateful for your recognition. I have shared your comments with my team. They were thrilled to learn that we made such a great impression on you. Thanks again for letting us know how we are doing and we look forward to welcoming you back to the property next time you are in town!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I usually travel for business-and usually I'm a fairly low-maintenance traveler. Arrival at the Hampton Inn, Lexington Park, MD was pretty standard. The check-in went well, got to my room without incident, and settled in. The challenge during my stay-was the firmness of the bed. Granted, some folks prefer a firm surface to sleep on. At home I sleep on a pillow-top. But I'm a regular business traveler, and it's unusual to find a bed that I have trouble sleeping on. Other than that, the customer service was very good, the complimentary breakfast was well stocked, and very convenient. I didn't mention the problem with the bed until I checked out...would mention it at the start if we come back again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
HILPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lexington Park, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience and I am so sorry your bed wasn’t as comfortable as you expected. We try very hard to make sure our guests get the best sleep possible. Especially since the bed is at the heart of our business! I will make sure we acquire a special pillow-top mattress topper and have it ready for your next visit. Please feel free to contact me before you arrive and I will have it placed in your room. If you are a Hilton Honors member, please let me know that too. I can add a notation to your Honors profile about your preference. That way our housekeeping staff can preset that topper for you before each stay. Once again, thank you for taking the time to give us a review and valuable feedback about your experience.
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I have always been a faithful Marriott Residence Inn user. I travel a lot and enjoy clean and dependable facilities. On this trip, there was no Residence Inn in the area, so I booked a week stay at the Hampton Inn, Lexington Park, Maryland. What a pleasant surprise. Clean, spacious facilities with friendly, helpful staff. Morning breakfast was great – choice of any type of breakfast you’d like – eggs, pastries, cereals, fruits, yogurts, and, if you are in a hurry, they have breakfast bags with water, muffin, fruit, breakfast bar and mints to grab. Beds were extremely comfortable. And, for that after dinner sweets craving, they offer fresh baked cookies. An added plus for me is that Hampton Inns don’t allow pets in the room, so no animal hair on my socks. This one week long stay will have me trying a Hampton Inn again on my future travels.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JBVOIGT
Boston
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Everything you expect from a Hampton Inn....clean; nicely decorated; comfortable bed; business center with two computers and a printer; small fitness center with a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike and weight machine; good breakfast; coffee all day and delicious cookies at night; free wireless internet access; and personable, helpful staff. Room also had a microwave and mini-refrigerator and hotel had a laundry room which were helpful for my 12 day stay. Only negatives were slow elevator, no in-room safe, no firm pillows, and poorly located a/c (right next to the desk so I had to turn it off to keep it from blowing cold air directly on me while I worked).

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Red_Sox_Lovers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River Nas, Md
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington Park-California
Extended Stay America - Lexington Park - Pax River

Been to Hampton Inn Lexington Park? Share your experiences!