“Very pleased with my stay - primarily due to the employees of the hotel.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
New Hampshire
“Very pleased with my stay - primarily due to the employees of the hotel.”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

First stay at an Embassy Suites hotel. I wasn't expecting much from this airport hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean (I'm very nitpicky on cleanliness) and the bed was very comfortable. However, what made my stay memorable at this hotel was that everyone at the hotel that I encountered, from the shuttle bus driver, to the front desk, to people operating the dining room were extremely friendly and helpful. I booked a "conference suite" because I needed to have a small business meeting (4-6 people). The "conference suite" has a large conference table and chairs in one room, while the bedroom is completely separate. I was able to hold my meeting in my hotel room, which was a great convenience for me and one of the reasons I chose this hotel. This is not an "upgraded" suite, because it replaces the living room arrangement with a conference set up, but it is an extremely affordable solution if you are in town to host a small meeting.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Julie NH57,

How great is it to hear that the Conference Suite worked out so well for you. We have kept two of these suites in our inventory, just for this reason. They are very convenient for those who need to hold a meeting, though do not want to rent a Meeting Room. I am very pleased to hear that all the team members you encountered were friendly and helpful. We are working very hard to try and differentiate ourselves from the many hotel offerings in the BWI area through our friendliness and helpfulness (guest services). Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you back when your travels bring you to Baltimore. Chuck Chandler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I choose this hotel because we stayed at the Embassy Suites Loveland last year and it was the best hotel we've ever stayed so I thought same name must be the same service. The check in and employes were very friendly but the other things need help. The first day to change our towels out they left the old towels in the rest room. Then they said try the managers welcome and the food was horrible, goldfish do we look like kids the other Embassy Suites had wings, nachos...
Charging $10 a day for internet service is also junk I travel enough to know that other hotels don't charge for internet service. I have to go back to this area next year but will not stay at that hotel again nor can I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
leest123,
I am very sorry for the experiences you had during your recent stay in our hotel. Internet charges are difficult these days with so many brands offering the service complimentary. As you may know, we do off the service complimentary for certain levels of our HHonors frequest guest program. As you do travel on business, this may be something of interest for you to sign up for, if you are not a member. The Embassy Suites Brand is preparing to undertake a complete revitalization of it's Manager's Reception offerings. At the time of your stay, we were preparing to add the new items, though had not rolled them out yet. Nachos and wings are not part of the offerings, though Humus with Pita Chips, Crackers with spreads and other offerings will be available. Thanks for your comments. Chuck Chandler
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We had two rooms at the Embassy Suites - one for my husband, daughter and me and one for my in-laws. We got the full Northern Virginia/DC Suburb experience and arrived later than we had expected and were disappointed to find out that the shuttle, which runs every half hour to the train station, had just left and that we'd have to wait a half hour to catch the next one. Not a big deal, but it surely meant missing the first pitch of the Orioles/Twins game we'd driven from Charlottesville to see. But wait!!! Lola to the rescue!! She arranged for a shuttle to take us EARLY to the station so that we could make it on time! What service!!!

As Minnesotans, we were cheering for the visitors at the game, so needless to say, we were happy w/ our experience at the game!

We took the train back to the station and called for the hotel shuttle. A short time later, our shuttle arrived and we were on our way back to the hotel. A VERY smooth travel experience - we were very impressed!

When we got back to our rooms, we got ready for bed. The restaurant even stayed open 5 minutes longer so my hubby could get a sandwich while us girls were hogging the bathroom! When we were all tucked in, I must say, it was a welcome feeling. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable - my daughter wanted a mattress set just like it (I did too).

Breakfast was wonderful - I love Embassy Suites for this reason! The line was extremely long, but it went relatively quickly given its length! The omelet chef was incredible; I'm not sure how he kept up w/ all those people!

In closing, it was an amazing experience and a great value. The employees were fantastic - friendly, flexible and super-attentive to all our needs. We'll definitely go back there when in town again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
SarahRiley329,
Thanks for the great comments and expressions of appreciation for the services offered at our hotel. I am thrilled everything went as well as it did for you while you were here for the O's/Twins game. Obviously, it didn't hurt that the Twins won to keep you in good spirts. Thanks for the comments on Lola as well. We try awfully hard to WOW guests when we have the opportunity and when team members get recognized for their efforts, it makes the effort worthwhile. You are alweays welcome back when you need to come to Baltimore and get your Twins baseball "fix". Thanks again. Chuck Chandler
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 16 April 2011

This is a decent hotel. Generally, we like to stay at Embassy Suites. They cost a bit more but offer a lot of amenities for an enjoyable stay. However this particular hotel has some poliices that just aren't reasonable for our families' needs and their website and staff are misinformed in communicating those policies.
First, there are no rollaways offered, even though the website lists them as an option. But more importantly, there are exorbitant charges for Internet access. The website says that wireless is available for a charge. That's fine. I called the hotel directly to inquire about the charge before we arrived. We were staying for four nights and during that time we needed connectivity for four of us for work and homework. I was told that the charge was $9.95 per day.
Upon arriving and checking in, I inquired again about Internet access. I was told that it was $9.95 per day PER DEVICE. That would have added an additional $39.80 to our nightly room charge, or $150+ to our total bill. For a service that is complimentary at many other facillities.
We spoke with the manager and explained that we felt it was unreasonable especially given that we were told that the charge was $9.95 when we called. Although they offered to reduce the charge, they would not agree to honor the rate we were told on the phone. So we checked out, and checked into another hotel that has free wireless Internet. It's just not worth it. There are too many other good hotel choices to be held hostage by unreasonable charges.

Room Tip: Look for rooms away from the elevator bank.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam F
ppfqp,
I am very sorry for the challenges you experienced with the multiple laptop charges for the different mac/ip adresses that were captured through the different users in your suite. The correct quotation was $9.95 for each user in the suite and not just per suite. From my understanding, we were able to adjust off the charges for the multiple users. I am very sorry that you felt that a change of venue was necessary. Though being Spring Break and the kids, yourself and your husband all having devices, I can see how this was difficult. We obviously did not satisfy your needs. We have taken this situation as a learning tool and changed our approach at the desk with families. Thanks for the comments. Chuck Chandler
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We were traveling to DC to get married. What we didn't realize is that the Cherry Blossom festival was going on in town at the same time so only the most upmarket hotels had rooms at outrageous prices.

We decided to widen our search and found this gem right outside Baltimore. It's a little on the old side for an Embassy, but it still had the signature atrium and other amenities that I am accustomed to staying with this brand.

The suite was updated with modern amenities. Flat panel TVs, Crabtree & Evelyn toilettries, and probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in inside a hotel since, ever.

We had minimal contact with the staff which, to me, is a good thing. They were great when we did talk. If you're in the area and need a comfortable, clean mid-range hotel that has some unique amenities like free cook to order breakfast and free cocktails in the evening, give this place a try.

• Stayed April 2011
, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
JMitchellSC,

Thanks for all of the positive comments and thoughts regarding your experience here at the Embassy Suites BWI Airport. The hotel is one of the older hotels in the Embassy system, in fact we will be celebrating 25 years as a hotel in 2012. Though an older style property, we do pride ourselves on clean, comfortable accommodations. Your comment on the beds is terrific. I too believe that the "Hilton" bed and mattress pads are incredible. In fact, I think they can be purchased through hiltontohome.com. We are so glad you were able to enjoy your stay and take advantage of the Embassy brand value added benefits. Congratulation on your nuptuals as well! I hope your were able to enjoy the Festival too!! Chuck Chandler
chicago, il
Reviewed 3 April 2011

this was a pretty standard hotel. the rooms are of pretty decent size. they had good breakfast selection but they ran out of orange juice before the end of the designated breakfast time and refused to make any more.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
viv2367b,
Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our Cooked to Order Breakfast and the "value added" benefit it offers to our guests. It concerns me that we would not have refilld the Orange Juice during breakfast. We do have two dispensers in the Breakfast area and they may have been slow in replacing one due to the other being available. If you could possibly send me more information, off line, on your stay, I would apprecite the chance to research your concern a little bit further to make sure that it doesn't happen to other guests. Also, as far as a Standard Hotel is concerned, we are a very typical Embassy Suites with the large, open-air Atrium, true two-room suites and the Complimentary Services, all Brand Pillars of the Embassy Brand. All are exclusive to Embassy Suites Hotels. Chuck Chandler
San Marino, California
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The airport shuttle wait took 30 minutes. I stayed in Room #516. The hotel says two restaurants, but it's not because they have the same menu with prices starting c. $11. It's hard to pay that price when you want a simple sandwich or soup & it's ice cold outside to drive to a less expensive restaurant. The hotel is not convient for walking to many restaurants. My room was clean, but the vanity area needed updating & the frame around the mirror needed painting. The next morning I slept in & had a "Do not disturb" sign up. I removed it at 11:45. When I returned that evening, the bed was not made & towels were still on the floor. No maid ever came. Important: If you're having a meeting opt out of the continental breakfast & instead go for the free breakfast which in 100% better with eggs made to order, bacon, sausage, potatoes, etc.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Simplicity,

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. In many cases, you are absolutely right regarding a Continental Breakfast. As a Brand, we are very proud of our Cooked to Order Breakfast for our guests and it is a fundamental pillar of our Brand. However, many groups like to have the Continental in their meeting rooms becasue of local attendance and other who may not be staying in the hotel. Your comments regarding the condition of the mirror and vanity are important to me. I have had our Maintenance staff address your concerns. Thanks for bringing them to our attention. We do Preventive Maintenance in each guestroom twice per year and it was time to address this room. Thanks again for your comments. Chuck Chandler