“Excellent property and shuttle service”

Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Portsmouth, RI
“Excellent property and shuttle service”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our first trip out of BWI, and we booked the Hampton Inn because of its proximity to the airport. We also used the Stay and Park Service which was a major factor in our decision. The room is a typical Hampton Inn, and was clean, and well furnished. We did get a nice little refrigerator in our room which was quite handy and appreciated. The shuttle driver, Damien was the most pleasant surprise of our return trip. We called him upon our arrival, and he explained that he would be a few minutes before picking us up, since a large group of soldiers had just called him. However, it seems as if the soldiers were not yet loaded, so he picked us up, and then met the soldiers. He was very, apologetic due to the cramped space, and delay in loading the gear. He was an excellent representative of the Hampton Inn, and his customer service was superb. He did his job with pride and enthusiasm, and because of him, we will use your hotel the next time we fly out of BWI.

Room Tip: Only has the continental breakfast, but there are ample restaurants within a 5 minute drive.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Claude,

Props to Damien! Thank you so much for acknowledging his superior customer service skills and for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your recent stay here with us at the Hampton Inn BWI. We truly appreciate your feedback. I agree--he's a great representative of our hotel and truly goes out of his way for our valued guests. Thanks again, and I hope that you enjoy your day!

Julia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 May 2014

After a long trip home after a honeymoon full of lack luster service we were absolutely delighted to be picked up at BWI by Damien. He was so incredibly pleasant and helpful we actually almost wished our drive was longer!

Thank you Damien, your smile and fantastic service made our trip home that much better!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Kiley427
Dear Kiley,

Our team here at the Hampton Inn BWI thanks you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and for choosing us as well. What a great story of customer service! Damien is one of our shining employees, and the fact that he was able to turn your experience around is awesome! Congratulations on your marriage, and if you are ever in the BWI area, we encourage you to come back. Have a beautiful day.

GRAND RAPIDS
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This property is conveniently located by BWI, and offers fabulous shuttle service. I drove up in rental car and shuttle driver was just coming in. I asked about times, and he handed me his card and told me to call his cell phone and he would come get me at the rental car return site. Inside, I checked in and headed to my room. A little bit of a labyrinth to find the right elevator, but I looked left when I could have looked right.
The room is not fancy, and a little outdated, but the overall service was so superior, I could overlook that. I, like I imagine most people, was there for a night so I could catch an early plane.
When I called from the rental car return, the shuttle driver explained he got another pickup in the meantime, so please wait inside, not outside in the cold, and watch for his orange van, featuring a crab on the side and a baseball cap on top - not easy to miss. I stayed comfortable, and he was there when he said he would be.
Upon checkout, a member of the cleaning staff was at the front desk and wanted to know how my stay was and could they do anything to change or help?
The breakfast staff was busy keeping a very busy breakfast area clean and well stocked.
The morning shuttle driver was delightful, and handed me his card to let me know they value reviews on tripadvisor, thank you for using our hotel.
I would go there again in a minute.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Betsy,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such lovely feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! From our shuttle drivers to our breakfast attendants, our staff is truly top-notch, and I could not be any more proud to be a part of such a dynamic team. I will surely pass your compliments onto our team. Thanks again, and please visit us the next time you are in the area!

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I would like to review the excellent service that Mohammed gave me during my trips to Baltimore. Mohammed went above and beyond his duties while picking me up at the airport and bringing me to the hotel. I have had a total of 7 trips there so far and every time Mohammed was more than professional and beyong friendly. He is an excellent representative for your hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard D
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Richard,

Wow, what a fantastic review about our hotel and Mohammed's customer service skills! He is definitely one of our all-stars, and he accommodates each and every guest to the best of his abilities. Thank you so much for his shout-out; I will certainly pass your compliments along. We look forward to seeing you for Trip #8! Have a lovely day.

Edison, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is clean and has very helpful staff. I made my hotel reservation based on my previous satisfactory exprience with the brand and this time the this hotel assured me that I alway make reservation with this Brand.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Gezahegne,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time to write a great review about our property! I'm very happy to hear that our staff provided you with clean rooms and awesome customer service during your stay. Please see us the next time you are in the BWI region!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I hope other Hampton Inns will be as top notch as this one we stayed at . We only came down for family wedding in MD , which was held at the Westin . I choose to stay at Hampton Inn. Great choice ,worth every penny . The Westin was to fancy and everything from what I was told was they nickel and dime you for everything. HAMPTON INN was best by far, more homely feeling, great service , included free hot breakfast , shuttle service , happy hour etc. If we in the area again to visit we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Anthony,

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I am so happy to hear that the Hampton Inn BWI was able to provide you a nice, homey feeling. That is our goal for each guest! We also enjoy hearing that our guests are enjoying our complimentary amenities such as the 24-hour on demand shuttle service, complimentary breakfast and Happy Hour. Thank you so much for also acknowledging our staff. They are all great people with a true love for hospitality. Please visit us the next time you are in BWI region. Have a lovely day!

Seattle
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I needed to stay overnight near the airport and made a great choice at the Hampton. Due to my connecting flight into Baltimore, I arrived early. The staff was accommodating even though they had a full hotel the night before.

They quickly cleaned a room and the rest of the trip was restful.

Room Tip: As for a room on an upper floor. I noticed noise in the lobby from a college softball team, but no n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Stan,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated by our staff! I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to accommodate an early arrival for you. Please visit us the next time you fly out of BWI!