“Very nice hotel and staff”

Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Germantown, Tennessee
“Very nice hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is very nice, and has a renovated lobby and breakfast area. The staff is what allows me to give an excellent, though! First encounter was Damien, the shuttle driver, who went out of his way to help us get a late night meal since our flight had been delayed. He was delightful! The second encounter was the maintenance man, Dan, who replaced the vanity light bulb while we were out, and also left a gift bag of waters and snacks for our trouble. The third person was the front desk lady who was always pleasantly engaging, and promptly provided a new card key to replace a defective one. Great hotel, great service!!
Our visit was to attend a military funeral at Arlington National Cemetery, and the hotel shuttle took us to and from the car rental, which was close by the hotel. In all, they made our trip much easier, and very enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Ann,

I'm speechless! What an awesome experience you had here with us at the Hampton Inn BWI. From the front desk to maintenance to the shuttle service, it seems like our team went above and beyond for you. I am so proud! We truly appreciate your feedback, and am happy that our staff provided you with a positive memory of our hotel. Thanks again, and we hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region.

Julia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Fenwick Island, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Love those Hampton Inn's... Travel called for flying out of BWI on an early flight... Room was great... Nice Nutrogena bath products... Airport shuttle for 6:45am outbound flight was right on time... But where they really shined was on the return flight... Return flight was delayed and didn't get into BWI until 12:45AM... Really worried that the shuttle would be "asleep", but no... The shuttle came right over, the driver was quite pleasent and took me right to my car... Great job Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Good Afternoon!

From our team here at the Hampton Inn BWI, we would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a raving review about your recent stay with us! We're glad to hear that you took advantage of our speedy complimentary 24-hour on demand shuttle service. Your feedback is truly appreciated by our staff, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you fly out of the BWI Airport. Have a wonderful day!

York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good room, close to airport. We have used several times to stay overnight, then catch an early flight. We leave our car at hotel. They will take you to airport and meet you on return.Damien was our driver and was especially helpful. The room was nice, Hampton Inn style, and there are several nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Tom,

Thank you for continuing to choose to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time to write a nice review. Your feedback is very appreciated, and it helps to remind our staff that they rock! Our location is very convenient for travelers as we are only 1 mile from the airport and you are correct--close to many restaurants as well. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you fly out of BWI!

Yuma, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

When I reserved the room, my rate code was to give me a $20 gift card for each night I stayed at the property. When I went to collect my gift card on the second day, Front desk said that they changed their policy. After speaking with the front desk agents and manager, they said that they would honor the original rate code. I went back the next day and they went back on their word. They mentioned that they changed the rate code in March and I reserved in the April. I asked the front desk how I would have known about the nightly gift card if the rate code rules were changed prior to me making my reservation?

After I changed my reservation to check out earlier, they decided to honor the deal. Hotel went back on their word on my rate code. Integrity of Service is horrible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI. I am sorry to hear about the confusion in the room package that was booked; allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We confirm that we run a special promotion to receive a $20 gift card per night subject to availability until March 18th, 2014. After this date, the promotion was changed to per stay. Even though, your booking was made in April, 2014, and after the issue was brought up to our attention, we honored your request as a special case.
At the Hampton Inn BWI, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your satisfaction is very important to us. We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future
Best Regards
Mustapha Agourram

Portsmouth, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our first trip out of BWI, and we booked the Hampton Inn because of its proximity to the airport. We also used the Stay and Park Service which was a major factor in our decision. The room is a typical Hampton Inn, and was clean, and well furnished. We did get a nice little refrigerator in our room which was quite handy and appreciated. The shuttle driver, Damien was the most pleasant surprise of our return trip. We called him upon our arrival, and he explained that he would be a few minutes before picking us up, since a large group of soldiers had just called him. However, it seems as if the soldiers were not yet loaded, so he picked us up, and then met the soldiers. He was very, apologetic due to the cramped space, and delay in loading the gear. He was an excellent representative of the Hampton Inn, and his customer service was superb. He did his job with pride and enthusiasm, and because of him, we will use your hotel the next time we fly out of BWI.

Room Tip: Only has the continental breakfast, but there are ample restaurants within a 5 minute drive.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Claude,

Props to Damien! Thank you so much for acknowledging his superior customer service skills and for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your recent stay here with us at the Hampton Inn BWI. We truly appreciate your feedback. I agree--he's a great representative of our hotel and truly goes out of his way for our valued guests. Thanks again, and I hope that you enjoy your day!

Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

After a long trip home after a honeymoon full of lack luster service we were absolutely delighted to be picked up at BWI by Damien. He was so incredibly pleasant and helpful we actually almost wished our drive was longer!

Thank you Damien, your smile and fantastic service made our trip home that much better!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Kiley427
Dear Kiley,

Our team here at the Hampton Inn BWI thanks you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us and for choosing us as well. What a great story of customer service! Damien is one of our shining employees, and the fact that he was able to turn your experience around is awesome! Congratulations on your marriage, and if you are ever in the BWI area, we encourage you to come back. Have a beautiful day.

GRAND RAPIDS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This property is conveniently located by BWI, and offers fabulous shuttle service. I drove up in rental car and shuttle driver was just coming in. I asked about times, and he handed me his card and told me to call his cell phone and he would come get me at the rental car return site. Inside, I checked in and headed to my room. A little bit of a labyrinth to find the right elevator, but I looked left when I could have looked right.
The room is not fancy, and a little outdated, but the overall service was so superior, I could overlook that. I, like I imagine most people, was there for a night so I could catch an early plane.
When I called from the rental car return, the shuttle driver explained he got another pickup in the meantime, so please wait inside, not outside in the cold, and watch for his orange van, featuring a crab on the side and a baseball cap on top - not easy to miss. I stayed comfortable, and he was there when he said he would be.
Upon checkout, a member of the cleaning staff was at the front desk and wanted to know how my stay was and could they do anything to change or help?
The breakfast staff was busy keeping a very busy breakfast area clean and well stocked.
The morning shuttle driver was delightful, and handed me his card to let me know they value reviews on tripadvisor, thank you for using our hotel.
I would go there again in a minute.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Betsy,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such lovely feedback about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! From our shuttle drivers to our breakfast attendants, our staff is truly top-notch, and I could not be any more proud to be a part of such a dynamic team. I will surely pass your compliments onto our team. Thanks again, and please visit us the next time you are in the area!