“Great Management Staff - Forgot iPad Charger”

Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Management Staff - Forgot iPad Charger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at this Hampton a couple weeks ago prior to a flight. Shuttle was prompt picking up at Rental Car facility since I didn't want to deal with the dropping the car in the morning before my flight. Airport shuttle as very fast in the morning. They also have an evening reception with beer and wine.

Forgot my iPad charger/cable plugged to the wall when I checked out (totally my fault, first time I've done that. I'm Hhonors Diamond 5 years straight, so I stay alot). Realized it when I got off my flight and called the hotel. The front desk told me they would forward to housekeeping manager. I didn't hear back for a couple days so I emailed hotel manager who got me in contact with the housekeeping manager. So a week later, the managers and floor house keeper couldn't find it.

The managers apologized for the housekeeping staff not immediately turning it into lost and found. They ended up taking care of me and replacing with new Apple OEM charger and Lightning cable. Great gesture for a loyal Hhonors member.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Binh,

I am so happy to hear that you were able to receive your phone charger! Our management staff is great, and the fact that they helped to rectify the situation instead of letting it go speaks volumes. We truly appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, and hope that you return to our property the next time you are in the BWI region. Have a wonderful day!

Julia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

OK ... Hampton Inns are designed as "budget level" hotel within the Hilton chain, but every now and then you enter one that is at the top of their game. Such is the case at the Hampton Inn at BWI airport. Juust moments away from the rent-a-car return center, its convenient location, incredibly friendly and knowledgable staff, and comfortable surroundings make this Hampton shine. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: I always find that a higher flor convenient to the elevator is best for the overnight traveler.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! We truly appreciate your feedback, and am honored to have provided you with such a lovely stay. Our staff is full of people who genuinely care about our guests, so it is no surprise that you considered our Hampton Inn a gem! Thank you again, and please come visit us the next time you are in the BWI region.

Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Business trip from NYC - excellent hotel - great convenient location - extremely clean room - close to BWI airport - Fantastic breakfast - very well stocked with all the favorites - microwave and refrigerator in room - convenient to rental car pickup and return

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Good Evening Mr. Fields,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI and for taking the time out of your day to write a review. We truly appreciate your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and 24-hour on demand shuttle service. We thank you again, and we hope to see you the next time you are in the BWI region!

Baltimore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I chose to use the Park and Fly option of Hampton BWI. The room was o.k. and we were excited to sleep in a little and have a safe place to park our car. Unfortunately, on the return trip, we had to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle and then had to wait for additional passengers (at 1:00 am in the morning). Our shuttle driver spent the 15 minute drive to the hotel talking on her personal cell phone (illegal in Maryland) not to mention unsafe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn BWI, MD. I am sorry that your experience with our shuttle did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. A member of our management team will be calling you shortly.

Sincerely
Mustapha Agourram
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel fit our needs very well. We needed just one night stay before moving on in our trip. The hotel was easy to reach by their free airport shuttle. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the standard fair but good nonetheless. Then back to the airport in the shuttle. All in all a good choice and a reasonable price

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julia F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hampton Inn BWI! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service as well as our complimentary breakfast. We thank you again and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the BWI region.

New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel to attend a wedding nearby. The hotel was ok - my biggest problem with it was that it always felt moist in our room. Not hot, just moist. It had a wet smell. Besides that, it was perfectly fine - they have a complimentary breakfast, which is nice. The best part of the stay was the people who work there, who were extremely friendly and charming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience with our room didn't meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I am taking the appropriate measures to address the problem.
Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Wish we could stay at a hotel like this everywhere we travel!
The hotel is nice enough, a bit older, but the room was very comfortable and clean. It was also very quiet at night. No waking to voices in the halls or slamming doors. I assume better sound insulation than many other hotels.

The real bonus here is the incredible staff! ALL were cheerful and helpful beyond the norm...WAY beyond the norm. We were greeted with smiles and helpful service at the desk. The shuttle drivers were friendly and polite.

There is a happy hour from 5-7 each evening with beer and wine and a good selection of munchies. One evening when there were late comers, the staff merrily kept the good times rolling till 8.

One of the treats at the happy hour were Nutterz potato chip covered, wasabi flavored peanuts. Unbelievably good. The reason I mention this is; I congratulated the desk on their great choice, but said I was sad that they wouldn't be in the stores near me. So they dragged out the container and gave me all the online info. Pretty darn nice!
But there is more. On the last night of my stay I was presented with a bag of Nutterz, and not allowed to reimburse the great gal who went down to the 7/11 to buy them for me.

There are several restaurants in the area and they will happily shuttle you to them. We also took advantage of the shuttle to run us to and bring us back from the Amtrak station so we could spend the afternoon in DC.

I can tell you this is the only hotel in this area that I will ever stay in!

1 Thank Chimab
Good Evening,

I am BEYOND proud of our team to see this amazing TripAdvisor review! Our staff is truly one of the best around, and your comments just reiterate the fact that they go above and way beyond for our guests. It makes me so happy to see that one of our team members personally went to 7-Eleven and bought you a bag of Nutterz; that's what I call great customer service! We here at the Hampton Inn BWI thank you for writing such a nice review of our hotel, and you are welcome here any time! Have a wonderful evening.